Option 1. royal blue wings
2. yellow peril
3. indigenous guernsey
4. yellow training jumper
5. skins...

6. ochre...

7. tri-panel...

8. tablecloth

The indigenous Guernsey is an interesting option. could also be used for the dig deep game. the club said something about the indigenous auctions not happening, because the guernseys would be used again, but that the dig deep auction would still go ahead. So far all we've seen is the wrist bands for dig deep and nothing else, so it could be used then, or a final if they're saying it'll be used again.

This thread isn't complete until someone posts a photo of the kit
GovYellow1.jpg

It's no lmach but I had a go at a jersey swap for the first time. Purple vs Yellow looks exceptional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind it to be honest, i prefer it to several other WCE guernseys. Why does everyone dislike it so much?
As an occasional means to solving a clash, it's not that bad. It's just so unrepresentative of anything the club's worn before, it's a knockoff Hawks jumper, there's no royal blue in it and there's better options we've worn in the past that solve the clash and meet the AFL's strange uniform policy. I actually own one of those (I do own one of each but not like I hate the white more than anything in the world) but it shouldn't be anywhere near a finals campaign.

Well we will see if the club have the Port Adelaide cojones to get the change to happen.

Eagles: "Oh they said we need more time and that we couldn't do it"

AFL: "We received no official request to change the uniform from the Eagles"

You raise a good idea. Does anyone know who in the AFL looks after this? And should we start badgering them instead of Stocks?

Much as I support this push, the key difference with Port’s situation last year is that that was an AFL stuff-up. Port were forced to wear a clash strip in their home game because the AFL suddenly deemed Richmond’s clash jumper ineffective, when it had already been used against Port for a season or two anyway.

In our case, it would be an away final, in which we could have no valid argument against the AFL for making us wear the tablcoth. It would just be our own dumb fault.

As a result, the sooner we push for the gold wings jumper in the eventuality of a Freo matchup, the better. Leaving it last minute will result in a negative outcome.

Much as I support this push, the key difference with Port’s situation last year is that that was an AFL stuff-up. Port were forced to wear a clash strip in their home game because the AFL suddenly deemed Richmond’s clash jumper ineffective, when it had already been used against Port for a season or two anyway.

In our case, it would be an away final, in which we could have no valid argument against the AFL for making us wear the tablcoth. It would just be our own dumb fault.

As a result, the sooner we push for the gold wings jumper in the eventuality of a Freo matchup, the better. Leaving it last minute will result in a negative outcome.

That's all true but remember the yellow is a jumper we're supposedly looking to be bringing in already, so hopefully we've done the ground work already and are just looking to speed up the timeline

That's all true but remember the yellow is a jumper we're supposedly looking to be bringing in already, so hopefully we've done the ground work already and are just looking to speed up the timeline
Yep, I'm all for this. Just suggesting that any push begins now, not in September.

I've tweeted the club but don't expect a response

Is there any indication that that's actually the case? I thought the takeaway, at least from the Stocks meeting, was that the club is addressing the navy wings and the yellow was going to be a completely seperate issue that they'd address at a later date?

Is there any indication that that's actually the case? I thought the takeaway, at least from the Stocks meeting, was that the club is addressing the navy wings and the yellow was going to be a completely seperate issue that they'd address at a later date?
If they've spent this ******* long just to bring in the ******* navy wings that we didn't even want, I'll be seriously pissed off, so I'm hoping part of the delay is the addition of the yellow wings.

I expect to be disappointed though

If they've spent this ******* long just to bring in the ******* navy wings that we didn't even want, I'll be seriously pissed off, so I'm hoping part of the delay is the addition of the yellow wings.

I expect to be disappointed though
Even though I really want the yellow, it's going to be Navy, Royal and tablecloth next season, would be amazed if there's any other result here.

Edit: And some of us do want the navy wings ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back