Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you said that

I live in a country town with no exposure to Aboriginal's, I have brought my kids up as best I can In a respectful manner.

My boy is 17 now and last month he went to the CBD for a concert with his mates, he encountered a group of aboriginals on the way.

They made eye contact and my boy said " how you going mate "

The response was, : what are you looking at you white campaigner "

He raised his hands and said " no worries " and carefully moved on.

I am glad I prepped him on what he will most likely encounter in the Perth CBD

What a racist prick I am
Sad to hear that mate

White racism exists too but not as common

And why do you think those kids said that ......? What do you think they were exposed to think like that

Boo him in the knowledge that you are creating a division between indigenous and non-indigenous Australians....inclusive of your own clubs indigenous players.

It's fine to say I'm doing it because he's a knob, however you know it is now being interpreted as having other intent.

So you go ahead and preserve your right to boo him, but you can not pretend there is no racial undertone now .... mean it or not that's the interpretation that is being attached by nearly every Aboriginal and a very large numbers of other Aussies.

Or alternatively you could just cut that weak s**t out?
Well said.

When you see grown men dressed head to toe in their teams colors you realise football has tribal elements.

Modern theatre and war to some.

Goodes is all that and more. He's invited some of it and the crowd participation would have to be part theatre related, part tribal war.

Watching my team play every game this year is fairly boring. The way they play is boring, even though they score ok. The football aspect is tedious. The indulgance in theatre is the result.

The AFL isn't debate club. It's entertainment/ theatre/war and to paint this situation as disgraceful hatred is to hate part of the game itself.

But what you say has merit.

I'm glad you said that

I live in a country town with no exposure to Aboriginal's, I have brought my kids up as best I can In a respectful manner.

My boy is 17 now and last month he went to the CBD for a concert with his mates, he encountered a group of aboriginals on the way.

What a racist prick I am

There's an element of luck in that too. I worked with a bloke who did a stretch in the big house. I asked the inevitable question of is it true you keep out of trouble by walking up to mr big and smashing him on your first day. He said no, but he'd love to see it. But more to the point, he recounted the story of a bloke on his first day sitting at a table reading the paper. One of the lifers walked up to him and explained that it was his seat. Not wanting confrontation the bloke said sorry mate and got out of the chair. He was in the infirmary for 3 weeks. The problem was he wasn't supposed to say anything. He had to look at the ground and leave the seat without saying a word. Some times somebody just really wants to beat the s**t out of you for no reason - luck of the draw.

Racism is rife in this country

It is what the elite wish to perpetuate by not allowing the will of the people to express themselves through free and fair markets.

Remember the elite want to repress main street including the indigenous through unfair market regulators so they make A Goodes Australian of the year to create a misdirection ploy, push a few buttons and argue its about race instead of repression.

The indigenous think they are getting a win like some symbolic gesture such as identification in the constitution while their opportunities are taken away through false markets laking opportunity for the indigenous and other impoverished to get the required consumption and support structure to progress.

This is why the elite want to perpetuate the racist debate including in the media. When someone tells you its racism they are undermining your perception on how they really are disadvantaging your people as well as others

Last edited:
It is what the elite wish to perpetuate by not allowing the will of the people to express themselves through free and fair markets.

Remember the elite want to repress main street including the indigenous through unfair market regulators so they make A Goodes Australian of the year to create a misdirection ploy, push a few buttons and argue its about race instead of repression.

The indigenous think they are getting a win like some symbolic gesture such as identification in the constitution while their opportunities are taken away through false markets laking opportunity for the indigenous and other impoverished to get the required consumption and support structure to progress
Someone who's been peeking behind the curtain at The Great Oz. Well done! :thumbsu:

I agree saying something as one off isn't racism so long as you see the error in it

I see what racism does to people and it's not nice

It's skin colour bullying ......?That a term I often use to describe it

If your daughter or son was bullied at school for any reasons ......you'd be angry right (I'm a parent ...trust me)

Adam Goodes is being bullied and wether your a man or child it makes no difference to,how deep it cuts you .....

Yeah although I think he has some blame in how it has all transpired, it certainly has got out of hand. AFL has a rich history in booing which Goodes isn't protected from. Obviously the perception of most is that Goodes was inappropriate in his actions towards the 13yr old girl & them towards a random part of a crowd with a war dance. He has been trying to make pre-retirement statements that have just come across as campaigning cringe worthy moments. But like indigenous people are affected by racism, the white population in this day and age are greatly affected by pointless alleged racism. Im not going to argue on which is greater as it is irrelevant. But the fact that people need to tippy toe around how they view Goodes behaviour as insensitive is key to the problem. politically correct media wont touch it despite in being the elephant in the room.

Goodes campaigning has hit a nerve for how it is perceived. This still hasn't been acknowledge, and now the media is labelling Tens of Thousands of people racist.

Still, I agree it has gone a bit too far... but ignoring why people actually boo and just playing the race card is not going to help.

I have no doubt it is affecting Goodes as it has gotten way out of hand and it must feel like a empty ground out their sometimes. Everyone has a tipping point and obviously Goodes has reached his. It would be a shame if he actually thinks 20000+ people are booing him because he is black...because to me it clearly isn't the case when you breakdown how all this started.

I'm glad you said that

What a racist prick I am

Yep... this sort of thing happens a lot and is core to why Goodes behaviour struck a nerve. Being unfairly labelled a racist is really getting on the nerve of white Australians. People just didn't buy "oh..it was just a war dance" back peddle the next day

I often get asked at school why white people hate black people..pretty sad.

So, as you are white, they think you hate them?? Oh, you mean why some white people not all hate them.

Talk about being divisional and generalising or you where just making s**t up.

Last edited:
I'm glad you said that

What a racist prick I am

Has happened to me multiple times over my 36 years of living in Australia and several members of my family without any provocation other than being white. Most of the encounters have been scary as * too.

What bullshit that it's not race related!

Many players stage for frees, yet none are booed every time they play.
Many players have entered a pack on the odd occasion with knees, yet none are booed every time they play.
Many players have had a bold public persona, or become individually famous, yet none are booed every time they play.
Many players stage for free kicks, yet none are booed every time they play.

The excuses don't stand up. And they certainly don't stand up now that the issue has intensified, and has become explicitly about race.

Goodes is booed because he is is 'too political', 'too proud', 'too vocal' about his indigenous heritage.
Goodes is booed because he had the gall to state a fact: that Australia's colonial past was inherently racist.
Goodes is booed because he had the gall to call a teenager out for calling him an ape: a term long associated with racism.

And guess what, you precious little gooses: Australia's colonial past was racist. And calling him an ape was racist, even if it was unwittingly so.

And guess what else: every time you boo him you perpetuate that racism.

There are so many sad shits in Australia who can't handle an overtly proud and critical aboriginal man.

But the bogan-Bolt-readers will get their way, as they always do. A man who has been a fantastic role model, who has been a two time Brownlow medalist, who is respected by those in his industry, who has made the most of his life, will be ran out of the game. It's pathetic.

The apologists for the booing are complete campaigners.

Hahahaha what?

Let's see.

Someone had to nominate him for the NSW award first. He got that, ,primarily for his work with Indigenous youth in Redfern and his advocacy for Indigenous people through footy.

Then he had to win the national vote. Not easy as there were 7 other worthy Australians vying for it. The National Australia Day Council does that.
Oh I thought it was Gillon or Vlad or whoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it funny how so many assume that those of us who don't believe this is in no way race related are all white fellas.

Good point, I work with many nationalities and I'm probably close to or am a minority as a white male.
Everyone I speak to believes it isn't about race. These people are of all races, but yeah white Australia is targeted. People forget that we are very much a multi cultural country and a lot of people in Australia of many nationalities follow our sport and share a similar opinion.
I personally believe the media are responsible for this racist Angle, journo's wrote about it to sell papers even though there are other reasons people boo Goodes.
Now there is a larger racist element due to gutter journalism.

Dunstall gets called an ape without the beard.

Plenty of huge white guys get called apes.

The whole issue is built on the words of a kid and the reaction of a grown man.

Many players have entered a pack on the odd occasion with knees, yet none are booed every time they play.
Many players have had a bold public persona, or become individually famous, yet none are booed every time they play.

The excuses don't stand up. And they certainly don't stand up now that the issue has intensified, and has become explicitly about race.

Goodes is booed because he is is 'too political', 'too proud', 'too vocal' about his indigenous heritage.
Goodes is booed because he had the gall to state a fact: that Australia's colonial past was inherently racist.
Goodes is booed because he had the gall to call a teenager out for calling him an ape: a term long associated with racism.

And guess what, you precious little gooses: Australia's colonial past was racist. And calling him an ape was racist, even if it was unwittingly so.

There are so many sad shits in Australia who can't handle a overtly proud and critical aboriginal man.

But the bogan-Bolt-readers will get their way, as they always do. A man who has been a fantastic role model, who has been two time Brownlow medalist, who is respected by those in his industry, who has made the most of his life, will be ran out of the game. It's pathetic.

You feel better now ?
What utter garbage mate. o_O

I'm glad you said that

What a racist prick I am

What's your point? Your son had a bad experience with some aboriginals, ergo booing Goodes is okay?
I've had many positive experiences with aboriginal people. Because, you know, they are like other groups of people all over the world - there are good ones and not so good ones.

But hey, who am I to interrupt: you can justify your bias in whatever way you deem fit.

So people are still booing him? If you take ethnicity out of the equation; are they booing him because of his personal politics or personality? If so - wow that's pretty freaking weak Australia.

This would be such an amazing response, if a whole section of the crowd played dead for the remainder of the match. How would this be interpreted?
Won't be long before the AFL gets sued for not providing imaginary shields.

There are so many sad shits in Australia who can't handle an overtly proud and critical aboriginal man.

But the bogan-Bolt-readers will get their way, as they always do. A man who has been a fantastic role model, who has been a two time Brownlow medalist, who is respected by those in his industry, who has made the most of his life, will be ran out of the game. It's pathetic.

Yep, it's hard to believe that Goodes has become the most booed player in the entire history of the game simply because he has, at times staged for a free kick or gone in with his knees. It's shameful the way he is treated, just sickening.

So people are still booing him? If you take ethnicity out of the equation; are they booing him because of his personal politics or personality? If so - wow that's pretty freaking weak Australia.

Nah, the divide and conquer agenda is being pushed by the elite so the market manipulators can repress the foolish in main street caught up in the racist rhetoric so excess gains market gains can continue be made for a little while longer and transferred to places like NY to suit the puppet masters desires.

Note the strength of the racist commentary coming from the Swans as well as the media centre in Sydney supported by the corporate sponsors!

They really have set Goodes up to fail. The AOTY was a masterstroke!

Goodes is like a boxer I would imagine, he does not know who to believe anymore, quite understandable really but expendable to those in various positions as he is near retirement anyway.

How they influenced Goodes through the network and associations must have been sheer genius on their part!

The elite would be loving the boss in Sydney labelling it racist and direction Goodes has followed under their guidance

'We call it racism' is music to the elites ears as the misdirection allows them to meddle in how they know best to disadvantage others including the indigenous through the implementation and delivery of markets that are not free and fair unlike footballers whose efforts are largely performance based

Last edited:
Nah, the divide and conquer agenda is being pushed by the elite so the market manipulators can repress the foolish in main street caught up in the racist rhetoric so excess gains market gains can continue be made for a little while longer and transferred to places like NY to suit the puppet masters desires.

Not the strength of the racist commentary coming from the Swans supported by the corporate sponsors!
gum-chew-on-phone.gif

I'm just putting it out there.

I love how much time everyone (including me) wastes on BF by writing essay long posts/responses about why they think their opinion on the whole Adam Goodes saga is right.

Perhaps we should just turn off our smart phones/laptops, get some fresh air and let the negativity go.

It's probably a much more liberating feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back