Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this your attempt to engage with the content of my post? Thanks for the emoji. It really carries your argument across.
No, post# 3512 about covers my engagement in the "argument" if that's what you must call it!
Your sweeping generalisations with regard to why people choose to boo at a game somehow lands squarely in the racism box for you - simply because the recipient of the booing is Adam Goodes. Why?
Is the booing for Ballantyne, Stevie J, Jack Riewoldt and even James Hird racially based? Or is it that they are just identities that opposition fans either love to hate OR a long held view by footy supporters around the country that booing certain players may cause them to perform at a less effective level????
If Adam Goodes were not indigenous, the hand-wringing PC police would not have even bothered to open their notebooks. It is an unfair assessment of eagles supporters to label their actions as racist when clearly it was nothing of the sort.

What's your point? Your son had a bad experience with some aboriginals, ergo booing Goodes is okay?
I've had many positive experiences with aboriginal people. Because, you know, they are like other groups of people all over the world - there are good ones and not so good ones.

But hey, who am I to interrupt: you can justify your bias in whatever way you deem fit.

Bzzt another SJW shoving his opinion down my throat, here we go again

I simply shared a real life experience and you scream ergo booing Goodes

It is getting boring , show me where I have abused Goodes or GTFO

I was originally on the fence on this, I've boo'd lots of footballers before. Ryan Griffen comes to mind in the GWS game. Seen it this year directed at my team, when the SCG Sydney crowd got sooky at the Bulldogs winning and boo'd the winning team off the field.

Have never personally booed Goodes, as he's done nothing to a Bulldogs player or staged for a free kick against us that would deserve it. If anything he's talked up the dogs due to his brother playing for us. So he is just another oppositon player who I hope doesn't do well against us.

So originally with the Hawks I was thinking ok so what they're booing him, players get boos all the time. Then it went on again and again, after weeks of it and different supporter bases picking it up, it makes you uncomfortable and question, so why is Goodes singled out like this?

He is not constantly whacking blokes on the field? Doesn't stage for free kicks like a lot of other players. He hasn't walked out on a club in bad circumstances Why this constant vitriol?

Had no issue with him pointing out the racist comments by the girl or the spear dance. Even if I did take issue with it, it wouldn't be enough to want to boo him the next time I saw the Bulldogs line up to play Sydney because again it didn't effect my team. Isn't that the reason you boo at the football? To voice your displeasure at actions by a footballer or umpire that effects your team?

Even if you think you're doing without any racist undertones, ask yourself why do you still need to boo him this week. (if he was playing) What has he done to you or your team to deserve it?

Harry O'Brien/Heritier Lumumba is black, political and outspoken.

Their are many in the AFL community that dislike him for the same reasons they do not like Goodes.

Why is he not singled out by spectators like Goodes?

Nah, the divide and conquer agenda is being pushed by the elite so the market manipulators can repress the foolish in main street caught up in the racist rhetoric so excess gains market gains can continue be made for a little while longer and transferred to places like NY to suit the puppet masters desires.

Note the strength of the racist commentary coming from the Swans as well as the media centre in Sydney supported by the corporate sponsors!

They really have set Goodes up to fail.

Goodes is like a boxer I would imagine, he does not know who to believe anymore, quite understandable really but expendable to those in various positions as he is near retirement anyway.

How they influenced Goodes through the network and associations must have been sheer genius on their part!

The elite would be loving the boss in Sydney labelling it racist and direction Goodes has followed under their guidance

'We call it racism' is music to the elites ears as the misdirection allows them to meddle in how they know best to disadvantage others including the indigenous through the implementation and delivery of markets that are not free and fair unlike footballers whose efforts are largely performance based

59283042.jpg

Nah, the divide and conquer agenda is being pushed by the elite so the market manipulators can repress the foolish in main street caught up in the racist rhetoric so excess gains market gains can continue be made for a little while longer and transferred to places like NY to suit the puppet masters desires.

Note the strength of the racist commentary coming from the Swans as well as the media centre in Sydney supported by the corporate sponsors!

They really have set Goodes up to fail.

Goodes is like a boxer I would imagine, he does not know who to believe anymore, quite understandable really but expendable to those in various positions as he is near retirement anyway.

How they influenced Goodes through the network and associations must have been sheer genius on their part!

The elite would be loving the boss in Sydney labelling it racist and direction Goodes has followed under their guidance

'We call it racism' is music to the elites ears as the misdirection allows them to meddle in how they know best to disadvantage others including the indigenous through the implementation and delivery of markets that are not free and fair unlike footballers whose efforts are largely performance based

You've explained it well but would be confusing for many.
Your argument won't be fully appreciated.

If Goodes retires over this regardless of what side of the booing argument people stand,
the game will lose one of the great players of modern era in really s**t circumstances.
Judd´s injury forced retirement was really disappointing as he deserved a farewell game and to be chaired off the ground by his team mates.
If Goodesy decides enough is enough IÍI be really saddened to see him bow out this way. Great players, all players should be able to leave the arena with the respect they deserve and with applause. At least from their own supporters. #standbygoodes

Their are many in the AFL community that dislike him for the same reasons they do not like Goodes.

He's been held at gun point.

Maybe becuase Harry is a pseudo intellectual that isn't taken seriously, therefore is not seen as a threat like Goodes is to some people?

I was originally on the fence on this, I've boo'd lots of footballers before. Ryan Griffen comes to mind in the GWS game. Seen it this year directed at my team, when the SCG Sydney crowd got sooky at the Bulldogs winning and boo'd the winning team off the field.

Have never personally booed Goodes, as he's done nothing to a Bulldogs player or staged for a free kick against us that would deserve it. If anything he's talked up the dogs due to his brother playing for us. So he is just another oppositon player who I hope doesn't do well against us.

So originally with the Hawks I was thinking ok so what they're booing him, players get boos all the time. Then it went on again and again, after weeks of it and different supporter bases picking it up, it makes you uncomfortable and question, so why is Goodes singled out like this?

He is not constantly whacking blokes on the field? Doesn't stage for free kicks like a lot of other players. He hasn't walked out on a club in bad circumstances Why this constant vitriol?

Had no issue with him pointing out the racist comments by the girl or the spear dance. Even if I did take issue with it, it wouldn't be enough to want to boo him the next time I saw the Bulldogs line up to play Sydney because again it didn't effect my team. Isn't that the reason you boo at the football? To voice your displeasure at actions by a footballer or umpire that effects your team?

Even if you think you're doing without any racist undertones, ask yourself why do you still need to boo him this week. (if he was playing) What has he done to you or your team to deserve it?

Lets break it down to stupid

He plays for a team I despise, and overnight I suddenly have to admire this squeezer because Slobbo, Gerard, and all the associated SJW's have declared that if you dislike him you are a racist.

I resent that mate

No, post# 3512 about covers my engagement in the "argument" if that's what you must call it!
Your sweeping generalisations with regard to why people choose to boo at a game somehow lands squarely in the racism box for you - simply because the recipient of the booing is Adam Goodes. Why?
Is the booing for Ballantyne, Stevie J, Jack Riewoldt and even James Hird racially based? Or is it that they are just identities that opposition fans either love to hate OR a long held view by footy supporters around the country that booing certain players may cause them to perform at a less effective level????
If Adam Goodes were not indigenous, the hand-wringing PC police would not have even bothered to open their notebooks. It is an unfair assessment of eagles supporters to label their actions as racist when clearly it was nothing of the sort.

Crap. Ballantyne, SJ, Riewoldt, et al are not booed every-time they touch the ball. So that argument falls down. And the booing of Goodes started around the time he wrote the article that so offended people sensibilities. And it's not a mirage of the imagination of 'PC police'. I've never seen such sustained and vindictive reaction from a crowd to one player in particular ever. And I'll bet I've been watching football longer than you. I didn't make a comment on WCE supporters. My argument isn't general either - it was actually very specific in its claims.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets break it down to stupid

He plays for a team I despise, and overnight I suddenly have to admire this squeezer because Slobbo, Gerard, and all the associated SJW's have declared that if you dislike him you are a racist.

I resent that mate

Who said you had to admire him? Or like him? He is kinda just meh to me personally.

Why does he get singled out each week for boos over other players? What has he done recently on field that deserves booing?

Bzzt another SJW shoving his opinion down my throat, here we go again

I simply shared a real life experience and you scream ergo booing Goodes

It is getting boring , show me where I have abused Goodes or GTFO

Sorry tulip, I didn't realise putting forward a counter argument amounted to 'shoving an opinion down someones throat'. It makes debate sound all so visceral. Still, you never did answer my perfectly reasonable question (though to your delicate ear an act of violence) - namely, what your sons experience of a group of aboriginal's has to do with people booing Goodes, or opinions on that matter for or against?

Maybe becuase Harry is a pseudo intellectual that isn't taken seriously, therefore is not seen as a threat like Goodes is to some people?
He is an uppity black man.

He challenges people's prejudices.

We are told Goodes is racially vilified for these reasons.

Why then is Lumumba treated differently to Goodes?

Stayed out of it till now.
I dont subscribe to the boo's being a racism thing.
Fans should be able to turn up to a game and abuse, heckle and boo whoever the hell they want to without assumptions being made about them.

Dont like where this is heading. AFL trying to tell fans what to think and do on the basis of nothing more than guesswork ? Not good.

If he doesnt turn up to training i;d tell him to retire immediately
If he lets it effect his onfield performance i'd tell him to retire immediately.

We are playing badly enough right now without this crap happening. He's part of a TEAM...a team under the pump to make top 4 and if you cant cope with a bit of crowd noise then its time to hang it up.

I cant see any benefit to being sympathetic on this when the only thing of any importance is the team.
Life is too short to put an arm around sooks.

Dare i say it....TAKE A NICE CUP OF CONCRETE

Sorry Gill but as a proud Australian who is a tax payer, I have the right to do whatever I want within the laws of the Australian government. So get stuffed.
Your also entitled to your opinion. Regardless if I like it or not, I, along with other people on bigfooty and in Australia have to respect your opinion regardless of Race, Religion, skin colour, gender etc...Democracy is an interesting word.

Who said you had to admire him? Or like him? He is kinda just meh to me personally.

Why does he get singled out each week for boos over other players? What has he done recently on field that deserves booing?

Have you had the telly turned off the last 24 hrs

Crap. Ballantyne, SJ, Riewoldt, et al are not booed every-time they touch the ball. So that argument falls down. And the booing of Goodes started around the time he wrote the article that so offended people sensibilities. And it's not a mirage of the imagination of 'PC police'. I've never seen such sustained and vindictive reaction from a crowd to one player in particular ever. And I'll bet I've been watching football longer than you. I didn't make a comment on WCE supporters. My argument isn't general either - it was actually very specific in its claims.

The OTT booing started with Hawthorn in the GF. General boo's have been around for him but not to that extent.
Then there was no excessive booing until guess who played them? Hawthorn again. What then happened was people like Slobbo calling the boo's racist and some other gutter journo's following suit.
That then started a debate of what people don't like about him since and has resulted in OTT booing every match.
WCE fans are just louder.
So you're wrong with how it all started but correct with those other points that other players haven't received those amount of boos.
Maybe Milne is the best comparison?

Stayed out of it till now.
I dont subscribe to the boo's being a racism thing.
Fans should be able to turn up to a game and abuse, heckle and boo whoever the hell they want to without assumptions being made about them.

Dont like where this is heading. AFL trying to tell fans what to think and do on the basis of nothing more than guesswork ? Not good.

If he doesnt turn up to training i;d tell him to retire immediately
If he lets it effect his onfield performance i'd tell him to retire immediately.

We are playing badly enough right now without this crap happening. He's part of a TEAM...a team under the pump to make top 4 and if you cant cope with a bit of crowd noise then its time to hang it up.

I cant see any benefit to being sympathetic on this when the only thing of any importance is the team.
Life is too short to put an arm around sooks.

Dare i say it....TAKE A NICE CUP OF CONCRETE

Pretty much this...I think most people are over this s**t

He also did a war dance and he is not indigenous.
He calls himself the Prince.
People clearly can't take him seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back