Mike Sheahan West Coast 2006 flag tainted?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Thoughts on this ?

I personally dont rate Mike but one thing he does not do, is normally shoot his mouth off without some form of proof. Why would he accuse the WC side of 2006 of having a unfair advantage? What will the AFL do about it as its a serious allegation from a person held in high regard ?

Will there be any fallout from this ?

Considering whats happened at Essendon, should there be an investigation by the AFL to prove once and for all that Kerr, Cousins and co did not play that year drug effected?

Discuss.

Considering that they were subject to tests on game day you would hope that if they were taking drugs on game day - at least one of them would gave been busted unless they somehow managed to nottake drugs the exact day that they came up for testing - but be on drugs every other time.

Herp derp

Last edited:

Considering that they were subject to tests on game day you would hope that if they were taking drugs on game day - at least one of them would gave been busted unless they somehow managed to notvtake drugs the exact day that they came up for testing - but be on drugs every other time.

Herp derp

That is a good point. Does it highlight how poor the AFL has really been in managing drug testing in years past? IMO I think Mike has been completely irresponsible for suggesting it but its worth discussing IMO.

Stupid article

West Coast players are the only players to ever take drugs, no chance anyone else has had players doing it during a premiership season
And of Course Ice would have made cousins and co better footballers, definently wouldnt have affected their decision making at all or made them paranoid about being tackled etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish this campaigner would come out and actually state what evidence he has instead of insinuating this or that so the eagles can sue his ass once and for all. did they not have some judge investigate the club and does he really think ben cousins was not drug tested in 2006 after being in drug rehab by the afl? Seriously! there were conditions or does he conveniently disregard this in his moronic narrative or the possibility every premiership team may have had a player who dabbled in recreational drugs? as chris judd said he does not know the difference between this and performance enhancing drugs. it makes him look like an old , deluded assclown

There are some that serve both purposes. Particularly those that help produce manic focus and effort.
Thompson + Dank at Essendon = you know the story
Thompson + Dank at Geelong = not even thought about by the media

Interesting. I didn't actually say anything about your drug infested club having tainted flags, yet you start up with some evidence-free ranting about Geelong.
the next step is Matthew stokes and on and on we go. every club is tainted by Sheehan standards. oops wrong just the eagles

If he wants to talk about flags tainted by drug use look back to the early 90s, undoubtedly some players, at all clubs, were on them back then, but it was also legal.

I don't believe for a minute that West Coast players were using PEDs in 2006, sure a reasonable number of them were heavily into recreational drugs, but that is a different issue because what was being used was not PED, methamphetamines are a PED as it acts as an extremely effective pain killer, but effects only last for a short period of time, so they would need to be used in the rooms, which would be impossible to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back