Tour de France 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, I could beat Richie. He can't swim and certainly can't run a 2:45 marathon.

Richie is going to Cannondale IMO. Talansky, Ryder and Martin as his super domestiques

Also on this, Uran is going to Cannondale and Martin is probably going to Ettix.

The big news is Sky. Oleg said this 2 days ago.

"If I could tell you who they are about to sign for 2016, you’d realise that they’re going to kill the business."

We know that Sky are signing Kwiatkowski, Golas, Landa, Intxausti and the Izagirre brothers as well as bringing on 3 neo pros. The big question is, are they signing Sagan? Who else could Oleg be referring to?

I just hope the Henao's sign with Movistar. No way will they be at Sky next year.

If Sky do that it sort of forces the UCI to slap down some salary caps doesn't it?

If Sky get Sagan as well as the others then yeah, something needs to be done. But then again, who knows who Sky are losing. We know they are definitely losing Porte. They need to ditch another 8 riders to bring in those ones mentioned above even before Sagan.

Only the ones they are bringing in, Landa and Kwiatkowski will be on the big bucks. Obviously Sagan would be on the big bucks as well, but the others won't be on much.

Cant see Sagan going to Sky, he signed a 3 year deal worth about 4 million euro's a year and still has 2 years to go.

Oleg's a nutjob, cycling's version of dial a quote.

Edit: Just remembered, read the other day Rolland and Tinkoff couldn't come to an agreement so it could be it.

Last edited:
The flat sections between climbs have killed this race. It's daft having key mountain stages where they have 30-50km valley roads between.

They need to design them like Joaquin Rodriguez designed this years Vuelta stage.

perfil_11.png

Stages like this are great, but that's not to say the standard TdF mountain stage is killing the race.

You'll actually find the first 70% of a stage like the above is dead boring, as the peloton takes a snail pace up the climbs.

It literally becomes last man standing a lot of the time, where even the top guys look like they are struggling to get up the hills. I'd rather see guys with something left in the engine attacking and setting a good pace up the final climb, rather than a very select group battling to make it up at all.

Cant see Sagan going to Sky, he signed a 3 year deal worth about 4 million euro's a year and still has 2 years to go.

Oleg's a nutjob, cycling's version of dial a quote.

Edit: Just remembered, read the other day Rolland and Tinkoff couldn't come to an agreement so it could be it.

Yeah, but Sagan was unhappy with Oleg for a few months so it wouldn't surprise me if he tried to break his contract, but its' doubtful. Rolland is probably going to Sky then. Oleg is probably pissed he couldn't get Rolland.

So who's everyone's tip for the Vuelta, now that this is over? I reckon Tejay will ride it with his early exit of the Tour and possibly win it.

talk of all the contenders bar Contador may race.

Nibali, Quintana, Valverde, TVG, Purito, and yes, Froome.

and as usual, the climbers classic - San Sebastian - this weekend has a great start list of climbers and puncheurs alike.

talk of all the contenders bar Contador may race.

Nibali, Quintana, Valverde, TVG, Purito, and yes, Froome.

and as usual, the climbers classic - San Sebastian - this weekend has a great start list of climbers and puncheurs alike.
I was hoping Froome wouldn't race.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back