Who would you rather be? Ross Lyon or Adam Simpson?

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpson, and not just because I'm an Eagles fan. Especially leading into what will likely be hirst finals series whereas RTB has coached a few finals series now without ever getting the greatest team reward for a coach, a premiership cup.

Much less external/ media pressure on Simpson right now than RTB

Right now this season, or now and beyond this season?
I'm thinking right now and for the following 5 years. I was thinking about it today and I couldn't decide. I think Ross but Simmo has got a pretty handy KP fleet with an ever improving mid setup. It'll be really interesting watching the two clubs. Freo keep winning but people are jumping off. It's a funny one.

Adam Simpson.

Dual premiership player, assistant coach at premiership winning side, senior coach at big, well-resourced club currently on the up.

RTB had a fairly unremarkable playing career at Fitzroy, and is known as a coach who can't win GFs and left his club in a hole to chase a big dollar contract. That criticism might not be fair, but it's out there. I doubt he gives a *, though. He just wants to coach Freo to the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking right now and for the following 5 years. I was thinking about it today and I couldn't decide. I think Ross but Simmo has got a pretty handy KP fleet with an ever improving mid setup. It'll be really interesting watching the two clubs. Freo keep winning but people are jumping off. It's a funny one.

Going forward you'd definitely say Simmo, but nothing is guaranteed in this game. For the right now, probably Lyon, maybe. Apart from Johnson and now Ballantyne, he's got a mostly healthy list to have a crack at it.

Simpson. He is working on the good side of the force, trying to bring some zest into the game again. On the other hand, Ross the Boss has followed the path of his 90s name sake and worked hard at screwing the game over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back