Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Adam Goodes is a worse bloke/dirtier player than Dane Swan, Barry Hall, Wayne Carey, Stephen Milne, Alan Didak, Michael O, Jobe Watson, Goddard, Harvey, Lindsay Thomas and Leigh Matthews?

No rational person could look at the actions of Goodes and those other names and decide that Adam Goodes it the one who should be booed everytime he touches the ball and the others should get a pass.

Nope, I didn't say that at all.

Call Goodes a monkey or ape and you're racist, because of his skin colour. Call Gareth Bale a monkey or an ape and it's not racist, because of his skin colour. Got me stuffed.

This is such an uneducated post.

Do you realise that through history that Aboriginal people were often compared to monkeys/apes? Their were studies and constant research trying to prove that they were more like monkeys/apes than like white people?

Now you ask yourself if it makes sense why Aboriginal people should feel a bit more offended that they're being compared to animals again- compared to white people purely based on looks.

I'm not one so it doesn't matter. And rape is a little different to racism wouldn't you say?
Same principle, so you're now saying if I boo Goodes it doesn't matter because I'm not racist. See the double standard you're developing?

Last edited:
I guess you can inform us why Lewis Jetta doesn't get booed then. He is indigenous and plays for Sydney..

Because Jetta didn't call out a 13 year old girl and a club president for calling him a monkey, didn't use his acceptance speech for australian of the year to label Australia Day 'invasion day' and isnt outspoken on the plight of aboriginal people.

Jetta threads don't devolve into racist rants. Neither do Rioli threads. Or Buddy threads.

Goodes ones draw racist *******s like flies to s**t.

You can connect the dots hopefully.

The thread has included a discussion of race and ethnicity without ever becoming racist.

'Nothing to do with race'. --> Your usual strawman. And completely ignoring any more complex argument about the phenomenon of crowds booing.

Nice try Malifice. Argument rejected.
No doubt Mal is in his element.

Has he posted his mandatory Cronulla Riots pics yet?

Mob as in mob mentality. Personal motivations aside, there is an unprecedented and ongoing activity being undertaken by a portion of the. I think it's reasonable to posit from a sociological point of view, that a mob mentality is at play. I could call it herd mentality if you like. If you find it perjorative, so be it.

you just speak crap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well to me, booing is childish!
If it make boo noise, then you must be a children!
Then AFL must treat you like a children!

Hokkay!

Plenty of discontent already among the ranks of supporters, I'm one of them and we're going through one of the best periods in our history.
I'm sick of being told what I can do and not do, what I must like and not like. I'm sick of the AFL and it's boys club. I'm sick of the sycophant media and it's adherence to AFL policy.
I'm sick of the way the game is being administered and coached and represented, right from the AFL admin to the AFLPA and AFLCA.

As a supporter we're being told to shut up and keep handing over your cash, you'll like what we tell you to like.
Now we're being told we're racist because we boo a player.

What's the end game? What's the AFL do if the boos don't stop?
They are driving a wedge between them and the supporters.

Long received significant backlash from his dealing with the AFL over racism and was criticised as being divisive at the time.

Same as Nicky Winmar, I can distinctly remember many disapproving of his act that day at Vic Park.

In the Chinese zodiac there is the year of the monkey. If Goodes was born in the year of the monkey and an Asian called him a monkey do you think it would be racially motivated?

It's not as simple as you're making it out to be and to presume someone is guilty even before listening to him is fundamentally wrong.

meh, don't bother replying, you'll never get it.

I hear there will be a stage production of Monty Python's Holy Grail playing in Melbourne this spring. With your ability to perfect logical fallacies you could always consider reprising the role of Sir Bedivere.

Plenty of discontent already among the ranks of supporters, I'm one of them and we're going through one of the best periods in our history.
I'm sick of being told what I can do and not do, what I must like and not like. I'm sick of the AFL and it's boys club. I'm sick of the sycophant media and it's adherence to AFL policy.
I'm sick of the way the game is being administered and coached and represented, right from the AFL admin to the AFLPA and AFLCA.

As a supporter we're being told to shut up and keep handing over your cash, you'll like what we tell you to like.
Now we're being told we're racist because we boo a player.

What's the end game? What's the AFL do if the boos don't stop?
They are driving a wedge between them and the supporters.

You can boo if you want. Just be prepared to be called out as a racist campaigner for it.

Man so many comments criticizing 'white' Australia or those 'whities' for booing Goodes. Given we are such a multi-cultural nation continually singling out one particular race for booing would initself be racist as well. :confused:

I haven't noticed it?

You sure this is happening?

People have been largely talking about the 'boo-ers' which is race neutral.

I said he's not close to being the biggest flog in the game.

You said you have a fair amount of booing that says he might be.

That's correct, I did say that.

I did not however offer a personal opinion on whether I thought he was the worst of the worst. Simply pointed out that a large amount of displeasure is voiced week in, week out - thus it's possible that he might be the most hated player in the game; which would refute your very absolute statement that he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back