Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you went past football, you called him a s**t bloke and a campaigner of a human being.

You know very little of him as a person. You are in no position to make that judgment.
But its ok to judge that someone is racist based on a boo?
btw ,in terms of moral outrage, in your opinion what is worse? Calling someone racist without just reason or calling someone a s**t bloke without just reason?

Enough is enough: Say AFL and most of the media. (who are in bed together sharing their billions earned from the fans)

So please, all you fans expressing your right to free speech, please stop it now because the communist overlords said so. In fact hang your racists heads in shame as you pay for you memberships, watch their advertising filled broadcasts, subscribe to their apps and to Foxtel and fund their wages.

Enough is enough: Say AFL and most of the media. (who are in bed together sharing their billions earned from the fans)

So please, all you fans expressing your right to free speech, please stop it now because the communist overlords said so. In fact hang your racists heads in shame as you pay for you memberships, watch their advertising filled broadcasts, subscribe to their apps and to Foxtel and fund their wages.
Said the AFL who the fans pay money to because they love the sport. Supporters need the AFL as much as the AFL needs the supporters. You support the AFL because the players and coaches put on a game you enjoy. Booing and abusing someone thats part of that makes no sense.

But its ok to judge that someone is racist based on a boo?
btw ,in terms of moral outrage, in your opinion what is worse? Calling someone racist without just reason or calling someone a s**t bloke without just reason?
Where have I said that?

All i have to say is that the booing didn't start because people woke up one day and realised Goodes is indigenous, they realised he's a flog...plenty of other players that are indigenous or of a different race that arent only not booed they are well liked by opposition supporters.

Plenty of players have been booed or abused before because people don't like their character or things they've said or done- Akermanis, Tony Liberatore, Carey, Milne. Now obviously no one put that down to race they simply accepted people just didn't like them players anymore. I just get the feeling that if Goode's was white then their wouldn't be this big of a deal made about it which is more racist then what's going on IMO and then when players, coaches, presidents, premiers, fans or anyone start labeling and accusing anyone that boos is a racist then that frustrates and annoys all the people who aren't racists but just generally don't like Goodes. I understand some boos would be from racists but to now say if you boo him your one too that is incredibly frustrating and biased.

Is it really that hard to believe majority of people just don't like you anymore because of you and not your race Goodesy??? Its a real shame that its come to this because he's such a champion player.
People generally dont like activists especially sports stars (eg Ali in his prime) who push them to confront things in the past and that are still relevant today and into the future .Whether he saw himself as an activist Goodes bacame one.People just dont like 'uppity'black people who question the norm.U can be Australian of the Year but shut up and dont be controversial and if u need to do charitable work pick a cancer charity etc.Everyone loves them.Hes an Activist(strong opinions )+ hes indigenous+ he plays team sports (people would naturally dislike his team so therefore him)meant he was always going to put people off side.But he keeps pursuing his beliefs.Respect him even more now.

Said the AFL who the fans pay money to because they love the sport. Supporters need the AFL as much as the AFL needs the supporters. You support the AFL because the players and coaches put on a game you enjoy. Booing and abusing someone thats part of that makes no sense.
The fans love the sport, they don't need to be lectured to by millionaires. The fans need the AFL, are you kidding??? The fans MAKE the AFL. When this administration is dead and gone the fans will remain (probably a lot less of them the way they are being treated)

Belittle and talk down to fans at your peril AFL, there are plenty of other sports out there.

U forgot the pokies.Make sure u keep playing them.Got to fund that new training facility.

It's mind boggling how the SJW Marxists have turned this into what it is. All whites are branded racist if you boo 'Goodesy'. They make it a race matter, most people who boo him do it because he is an utter attention whoring flog, not because of his skin colour. You can't win with these degenerates. Either way White people are racist just for existing and having an opinion apparently. :$:$:$:$:$:$:$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again - booing ain't a sophisticated way to communicate one's view of how to progress racial politics. It's effect may have a MORE negative overtone. People keep coming back to how he has erred with what happened with the girl. He might have - but is booing the way to deal with that? Do you seriously not get the problem with how the message is conveyed? Ironic given your main issue with Goodes is how he conveyed his message. Oh wells....
From 10 rows back how would you suggest the average fan should engage with Mr Goodes in meaningful sophisticated dialog to get their message to him ? Would some sort of war dance be more appropriate? Or are you advocating extra time added on each quarter for some chin wagging with adam?

Richmond are wearing their Indigenous Guernsey this week in support of Goodes . Interesting decision .
Wow.
I for one am pretty impressed.
It's Important that other clubs show Adam their support.

This issue goes way beyond tribal loyalties. It is about how we as a society treat the original owners of this land, which is why the worlds media is taking an interest.

The fans love the sport, they don't need to be lectured to by millionaires. The fans need the AFL, are you kidding??? The fans MAKE the AFL. When this administration is dead and gone the fans will remain (probably a lot less of them the way they are being treated)

Belittle and talk down to fans at your peril AFL, there are plenty of other sports out there.
Lmao. Lectures by millionaires? Bob Murphy, Sam Docherty, Luke Parker, Brett Goodes, Shuan Edwards, Ted Richards, Brendan Goddard, Jordan Lewis, Nic Nat, Jonathan Brown, Nathan Buckley, Paul Roos, Chris Scott, Damian Hardwick, Adam Simpson, Liam Mcbean. Those are the people that make the AFL, not some millionaires. Pick one you respect and stop booing because you respect them if for no other reason.

People love AFL because of the players and coaches. "Belittle and talk down to fans at your peril AFL, there are plenty of other sports out there", are you kidding? Abuse, insult and ignore the players and coahces at your own peril, they can not play.

I reckon that would have won him much more respect with the wider public.
He was a perfect choice for AOTY.

The title is all about stimulating change and he has done that brilliantly. Most Australians had no idea that 1788 was considered the day of Invasion by Indigenous Australians. Now they do.

It's normal to feel a little ashamed about what happened, but there is no need to attack the messenger.

Wow.
I for one am pretty impressed.
It's Important that other clubs show Adam their support.

This issue goes way beyond tribal loyalties. It is about how we as a society treat the original owners of this land, which is why the worlds media is taking an interest.
No, this issue is how we treat Adam Goodes..

No, this issue is how we treat Adam Goodes..
It is his stance on racism and his views about Australia Day that have placed Adam in a different light than any other player.

So yes.
The way we treat him reflects the way we treat indigenous Australians and it is fair to say we have been pretty ordinary on both counts.

wtf no? he was booed badly before that

Only in Hawthorn games.
GF was very noticeable and round 8. The other booing of him was just the normal type of booing from people that genuinely didn't like him. Nothing else stood out.
Then everyone got upset when Mark Robinson labelled everyone a racist after round 8 on AFL360 creating a media storm.
The public then focussed on why they boo him and unsurprisingly the boo's got louder competition wide.

It is his stance on racism and his views about Australia Day that have placed Adam in a different light than any other player.

So yes.
The way we treat him reflects the way we treat indigenous Australians and it is fair to say we have been pretty ordinary on both counts.
See this is where you and I differ. I can disassociate Adam the footballer from Adam the political activist. Personally I think he has made a mess of both in the last few years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back