Ashes 2015, Third Test - England v Australia - Day 1 - Edgbaston Stadium, Birmingham

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

All im going to say is im disappointed that the Aussies will never seem to learn not to play like millionaires. I get ppl have bad days. But come on.

Has Warner ever had a good knock on a tough pitch?

I think I'm getting off the Starc bandwagon at the next stop. Dreadful.
his first test century was on a minefield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair to Clarke, when the opposition pacemen have rolled you for 130 without raising a sweat, you'd put your faith in your own quicks.

Both of Lyon's wickets were batsmen errors/good fortune rather than lethal bowling.
so?

2 overs for a front line spinner on a pitch doing things is poor. pacemen aren't doing anything, how's a spinner going to do worse

They'll be kicking themselves they didn't put grass on the wicket at Lords.

Our batsman (bar Rogers) have no clue against the moving ball. It doesn't help that CA dished up flat decks against India meaning we haven't played on a pace friendly Test wicket for over 12 months...

England should be able to build a sizeable lead tonight, still a fair bit of batting left with Root, Bairstow, Stokes, Buttler and Ali, batting should be easier too.

They could have been in an even stronger position if Cook and Bell didn't throw their wickets away when they were set.

Cook was a bit unlucky but he could have smashed that ball wide of Voges at short leg and then Bell played a terrible slog shot at the end of the day.

Is there any rain around?

Don't think there's much rain forecast for the rest of the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back