List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, as danger will say that he wants to go home etc,
it will be totally unsportmanlike and vindictive, and not great for the afl
the afl will intervene

there will not be a trade

and they will do what? They will say , there are the rules... trade to get him... We will make sure they accept a reasonable deal.
"whats reasonable" we will say?
R1 this year and R1 next year does it for to us.

To me if they match..it gets ugly... but if Geelong has committed that we will get it done , no matter what... it could get ugly and expensive....especially now there is Future picks
Its all down to ... do we make an offer they cant match...

and they will do what? They will say , there are the rules... trade to get him... We will make sure they accept a reasonable deal.

To me if they match..it gets ugly... but if Geelong has committed that we will get it done , no matter what... it could get ugly and expensive....especially now there is Future picks
That's why we will front load a two year deal
Keep our pay system

Sorry about not replying earlier but this my fear about future picks, as you said it becomes inflationary. All of a sudden a lower team who wants to add some cream to help push them up the ladder has to sell a little more of the farm than before. Like I said this makes me uneasy.

Sorry about not replying earlier but this my fear about future picks, as you said it becomes inflationary. All of a sudden a lower team who wants to add some cream to help push them up the ladder has to sell a little more of the farm than before. Like I said this makes me uneasy.

That's if they didn't add the protection.

In the pro U.S. leagues they generally have protected future picks, I.e. not in the top 5. Especially the NBA where a lottery determines the first round.

Protecting the pick mitigates the issue you're raising. Though would this be part of the AFL system, who knows

Trading future picks is like credit cards in concept. Used responsibly, they will help bring forward large purchases. In the wrong hands, things can quickly get out of hand and end up with the user paying back the debt for a long time.

I think we will see some carnage along the way but it will be an overall positive development.

Trading future picks is like credit cards in concept. Used responsibly, they will help bring forward large purchases. In the wrong hands, things can quickly get out of hand and end up with the user paying back the debt for a long time.

I think we will see some carnage along the way but it will be an overall positive development.
It's only a year as well. So some clubs will do something stupid but it won't be irreparable.

That's if they didn't add the protection.

In the pro U.S. leagues they generally have protected future picks, I.e. not in the top 5. Especially the NBA where a lottery determines the first round.

Protecting the pick mitigates the issue you're raising. Though would this be part of the AFL system, who knows

They has been talk of protection but I have no idea of the details. Not sure I follow how you can protect its...for eg.

Geelong offer their R1 2016 for Troy Menzel but its protected at P6. Geelong say we haven't been down that low for decades. Done done and guess what Geelong finish last. So what happens to the pick? Geelong get it back and keep Menzel?

So in other words , just like credit cards/banks etc... the person/team that really doesn't need credit will have no trouble getting it, pays it off in a controlled manor ... and the person/team living on the edge will end up selling their Stratocaster for 50 bucks at Cash Convertors.

Last edited:
So in other words , just like credit cards/banks etc... the person/team that really doesn't need credit will have no trouble getting it, pays it off in a controlled manor ... and the person/team living on the edge will end up selling their Stratocaster for $50 bucks at Cash Convertors.
Haha. It could well be like that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They has been talk of protection but I have no idea of the details. Not sure I follow how you can protect its...for eg.

Geelong offer their R1 2016 for Troy Menzel but its protected at P6. Geelong say we haven't been down that low for decades. Done done and guess what Geelong finish last. So what happens to the pick? Geelong get it back and keep Menzel?

I think they must provide one somehow, whether that be through trade, or another future pick.

I'll research a bit.

Ok, protection lasts the first year in general, but unprotected the following year. So you may have a protected pick next year, and if it falls within this protected area, the future first round pick is activated.

Some teams have double future lottery protection rights, but that's rare

This was on the AFL site

Patrick Dangerfield, Adelaide, restricted free agent
Despite the best efforts of most Victorian clubs, this year's biggest free agency fish will either stay at Adelaide or move to Geelong to be closer to his family home at nearby Moggs Creek. We expect the two-time All Australian to accept an offer from the Cats of about $800,000 a season over five years. We don't think the Crows will stand in his way by matching the offer.

This was on the AFL site

Despite the best efforts of most Victorian clubs, this year's biggest free agency fish will either stay at Adelaide or move to Geelong to be closer to his family home at nearby Moggs Creek. We expect the two-time All Australian to accept an offer from the Cats of about $800,000 a season over five years. We don't think the Crows will stand in his way by matching the offer.

I like His Royal Highness King Nick Bowen using the royal "We".

This was on the AFL site

Now should 'we' post this on the crows board like they do ours? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back