RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please explain this.
One team plays in black and white stripes. The other plays in blue and white stripes. It's the middle of winter and one club offers to use a change of jumper to overt a clash.
But league in their wisdom flatly refuses the offer.
Go figure !!!!!!!

What an absolute joke. This is why the RDFL needs some new blood on the board. A nothing issue to them but a big issue on the day for all involved.

I know many think I have a beef with the Broadford FNC, fair to say in trying times clubs can be resilient and soothing. I was mighty honoured to be asked by the Roos' secretary to pen something today in regards to a work colleague who passed suddenly on Saturday. I know a couple of the elder Lancefield FNC statesman were cousins of Mick so there are many people doing it a little tough right now.

We often spend more waking hours with work mates, and even at times footy club folk than we do our own family so it's hard not to grow fond (or foe) of a few along the journey.

Cherish every moment guys coz ya just never know :(

=================================================================================
Committee, players, supporters and sponsors from the Broadford Football Netball Club extend its deepest of sympathies to the family of Mick McCristal.

Mick passed away suddenly on Saturday afternoon.

Like anyone new to a small town did back in the day (in order to meet people) Mick and his family arrived at our local football and cricket clubs in the early 80’s and in some way supported over quite a period.

Whilst employed at the local bank, Mick served a short (but important term) as club president, highlighted by the 1984 RDFL season where our club won both senior and reserve grade premierships.

During that time, along with the late Harley Hammond, Mick was involved in two rather pivotal projects of the time - the move across to the Heathcote District Football League and the establishment of the existing change room/social club facility.

As a local businessman after leaving the banking sector, Mick ran the Broadford Mini Mix before taking over the Tallarook Hotel for a period. For the past 15 years or so he has overlooked the grounds of the local Nestle (formerly Allen’s) site in Broadford.

Vale Mick McCristal, Saturday’s untimely events are just another example of how precious life is.

As a mark of respect all players and committee. members will respectfully wear black arm bands this Saturday.

Photos provided by Chris Nolan

Riddell v Sunbury Kangaroos.. quite possibly the most important match of the home and away season..

Quite fitting in Rd.18 too, although there are some crackers to come yet, starting Saturday at Harley Hammond Reserve (formerly Nagambie Rock Oval) when you all get to see if Broadford are the real deal vs Riddell.

It looks like Sunbury must beat either Romsey or Riddell in the run home, otherwise Broadford will replace them.

Quite fitting in Rd.18 too, although there are some crackers to come yet, starting Saturday at Harley Hammond Reserve (formerly Nagambie Rock Oval) when you all get to see if Broadford are the real deal vs Riddell.

It looks like Sunbury must beat either Romsey or Riddell in the run home, otherwise Broadford will replace them.
The game on Saturday between Broadford and Riddell will be a gem.. get the feeling on form that Sunbury may need to beat Riddell or rely on Macedon and or Broadford getting rolled in their games to get in.. it's been a while since there was so much at stake.. three games to determine the finalists on the last day of the home and away season.

If Broadford don't beat Riddell they may still make the top 6. When was the last time a side made the top 6 without beating a single side in the top 6?

I think Riddell will win but it's as good a chance as Broadford have had. Pretty much at full strength. If Robertson plays expect Jason Allen to take a lot of intercept marks. Broadford need to find a way to stop Riddells forwards because so far this year against top sides they have been scored too easily against.

If Broadford don't beat Riddell they may still make the top 6. When was the last time a side made the top 6 without beating a single side in the top 6?

I think Riddell will win but it's as good a chance as Broadford have had. Pretty much at full strength. If Robertson plays expect Jason Allen to take a lot of intercept marks. Broadford need to find a way to stop Riddells forwards because so far this year against top sides they have been scored too easily against.

I'm predicting a lot of spite in this game!!!!!

Helmers coaching Sunbury Kangas next year....

Fact or will be going through interview process ? Interesting to say the least. Would have thought he would be spending all his time on defending his flag as opposed to meeting with an opposition club. Whatever he does the club that's gains his services in 2016 will be in good hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact or will be going through interview process ? Interesting to say the least. Would have thought he would be spending all his time on defending his flag as opposed to meeting with an opposition club. Whatever he does the club that's gains his services in 2016 will be in good hands.
Haha can't old mates enjoy a beer together? :p Fiction on this one :)

Haha can't old mates enjoy a beer together? :p Fiction on this one :)
Interesting he has only dropped two games as a coach you would think Norman1 and co would have him locked away perhaps he is on the move next year and if so good luck to him his done more than his job and owes them nothing if true ?

Doubt it. Didn't they shaft him a few years ago while he was having a few weeks off with personal issues? Red backs won't let him go anyway.

I could be wrong, but at the start of the year, wasn't Helmers looking for an assistant coach for this year to take over as coach for next year at the Redbacks?

Some rubbish on here re coaching.One thing I know as fact sunba interviewed a capable and respected non playing coach from outside the rdfl currently coaching another suburban team after previous stint up bush.
Onto the playing side Riddell are gathering momentum at the right time and I would think its gunna come down to Romsey Rupo and Riddell when it counts most.Diggers for mine have missed the boat and too slow but I hope im proven wrong on that as id love too see them win the flag.

Was just told at work that Broadford were crucified Saturday and should've won. Poor ba$**** tells me this most weeks but didn't realise I actually got along with a mate for a look on the weekend. Anyone else at the game think it was a pretty contest, Riddell controlling most the general play, the Roos' inability to expose by foot under real pressure probably a key factor?

Looking forward to seeing how these last 3 rounds pan out .....

I thought it was a great contest Doon.
I also thought my blokes took it right up to the inform side of the competition.
One thing I found hard to understand was the inconsistency of the 3 lads controlling the game in the first half. Free kicks 20-2
But they were much better in the second half. 32-15 in the end
Riddell are a great side on the spread and by foot they are pleasing to watch.
Once Wearne went into the ruck he controlled Allens influence around the ground.
Good game to watch even if as a coach I was on the wrong side of the result.

I thought it was a great contest Doon.
I also thought my blokes took it right up to the inform side of the competition.
One thing I found hard to understand was the inconsistency of the 3 lads controlling the game in the first half. Free kicks 20-2
But they were much better in the second half. 32-15 in the end
Riddell are a great side on the spread and by foot they are pleasing to watch.
Once Wearne went into the ruck he controlled Allens influence around the ground.
Good game to watch even if as a coach I was on the wrong side of the result.

Spot on mate, as a contest very enjoyable to watch and I'll have to take your stats man word for it in regards to the differential. Had no influence on the result, because as you point out Riddell's disposal by foot was better at key times, but you lads certainly had enough of the general play to have won that game which hopeful gives your squad confidence.

Tidy that sloppy kicking up, get Baker back in front of goals no doubt will help too coz as soon as Darb's went to Robbo and free'd up Ricky Elliott I thought that was a win for Riddell because the resting ruckman didn't work hard enough with support to make young Darbs more accountable in a one on one.

Glad to see Darb's back and firing, those RDFL folk I regular mingle with know my admiration for him. I'm pretty sure I called it when he took off midway thru the last and Robbo wouldn't follow that he'll keep going and goal ..... and he did.

Fingers crossed the cards fall the right way over the remaining rounds for you blokes Skip.

Last edited:
Spot on mate, as a contest very enjoyable to watch and I'll have to take your stats man word for it in regards to the differential. Had no influence on the result, because as you point out Riddell's disposal by foot was better at key times, but you lads certainly had enough of the general play to have won that game which hopeful gives your squad confidence.

Tidy that sloppy kicking up, get Baker back in front of goals no doubt will help too coz as soon as Darb's went to Robbo and free'd up Ricky Elliott I thought that was a win for Riddell because the resting ruckman didn't work hard enough with support to make young Darbs more accountable in a one on one.

Glad to see Darb's back and firing, those RDFL folk I regular mingle with know my admiration for him. I'm pretty sure I called it when he took off midway thru the last and Robbo wouldn't follow that he'll keep going and goal ..... and he did.

Fingers crossed the cards fall the right way over the remaining rounds for you blokes Skip.

How is the finals set up in the first week, ie 1 plays 2, 3 plays 4, 5 plays 6?

1v2
3v6
4v5

Pretty sure anyway, then week 2 the winner of 1v2 would play the highest ranked winner from the 2 knockout finals when it reverts to a final four 1st and 2nd semi scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back