Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Bullying is aggressive behavior that involves unwanted, negative actions.

His action was aggressive towards the girl and it was an unwanted and negative action. The girl was questioned by police without a parent present.

She felt bullied, that is all that matters. Just the same way that Goodes feels booers are being racist.

seek help.

At about this stage i'd like to point out the poll results, with only 30% of people thinking the booing is racist. Of that 30% would be every single Swans supporter who have a subjective opinion.

But I guess that's how lefties like it anyway - being in the minority and making the most noise. Standing on top of the pedestal and trying to shout down at any level headed person who has an opposing view.

Carry on
yes, let's not vilify all the level headed booers out there. Booers of the world unite!!!

Calling him an ape isn't racist. Telling him to go back to a zoo isn't racist. Booing him more than anybody else has ever experienced, not racist. He's a bully for saying he doesn't want to be called an ape. A cheat for getting 11 frees in a season. Anyone who defends him is a PC left wing moron. Any player or coach speaking out for Goodes or against the booing is lying and being forced to say lines by some great AFL conspiracy.

Do you people who think this not realise how farcical your arguments sound?

Last edited:

1. Bullying is aggressive behavior that involves unwanted, negative actions.

His action was aggressive towards the girl and it was an unwanted and negative action. The girl was questioned by police without a parent present.

She felt bullied, that is all that matters. Just the same way that Goodes feels booers are being racist.
2. Bullying involves a pattern of behavior repeated over time

Not surprised you didn't quote that one.

A child? Oh please! She was 13! In other words a TEENAGER. Any decent parent brings up their children to know what they are speaking. In fact that is very simple. The words of 'if you don't have anything you wouldn't like to be called yourself to say, don't say it in the first place'. I am so over people being annoyed that Goodes wasn't happy with what was said. You try having names thrown at you all day long.

You serious? Are you a parent? Yes the girl was WRONG FFS, we all acknowledge that you flog. But do you really think she thinks that she is a superior race to others? ie a racist?

The mother is blaming Goodes for the actions of her child and the subsequent AFL/media handling of the issue.

She should hang her head in shame that she raised her daughter that way.

Blame the victim, the Australian national pastime.
Saw the mother on tv last night.

Suddenly it all made sense......

It's a sad day when we start vilifying the victim and have more interest in protecting the perpetrators.
Paying customers supporting their team by getting under the skin of the opposition are now 'perpetrators'.

It's a game of footy ffs.

I think a mother has a pretty good idea what is bullying to there child.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ise-says-mother-of-girl-who-called-him-an-ape

I think a person who uses the term 'carried on like a pork chop' to present their argument sums up for me where the child got her views. I'm not saying that the incident hasn't traumatised the young girl but for the mother to try and put this back on to Adam is pretty poor as well. I've said time and time again that the whole incident has been handled poorly from start to finish and tbh there should of and maybe there was a mediator involved between both parties to ensure that a satisfactory outcome had been achieved by both parties. Sounds to me like there is some simmering resentment involved here and it seems to me that this mother believes that all this sustained booing is in support of her daughter and if that's the case then you would be left to believe that the child's/families apology was just token and that they actually learnt nothing from the incident whatsoever.

You are a flat out racist.

My family came approx 180 years after "Invasion Day." They fled authoritarian government. Via a refugee camp in Austria. They'd never heard of an Aborigine - our language doesn't have a word for it because it's not a concept we encounter. When they got here they didn't kill anybody.

You have an opinion of them that is solely based on the colour of their skin. We're white like the English, it's all our fault. It's flat out racism.

What are you crapping on about? Where did I say your family did anything? Also, I didn't mention the skin color of your family (and I didn't even know what it was until you mentioned it to me just then).

Are you high or something?

Why do peeps like you always assume that because some dudes built a colony over the top of a people hundreds of years ago, that it's somehow your fault now. Goodes certainly isnt making that claim (and neither am I). We're just acknowledging that it happened, and identifying the problems in society that its causing today.

Also from your background I assume you have a negative view of the Nazis and or Fascists. Does being critical of the either group for their actions then equate to blaming Germans or Italians alive now for what happened in WW2?

Youre an odd rooster.

At about this stage i'd like to point out the poll results, with only 30% of people thinking the booing is racist. Of that 30% would be every single Swans supporter who have a subjective opinion.

But I guess that's how lefties like it anyway - being in the minority and making the most noise. Standing on top of the pedestal and trying to shout down at any level headed person who has an opposing view.

Carry on
Shouted down? Lefties are told to leave the country if they "don't like it". Funny how your type loves freedom of speech but cries home to mummy when a couple of lefties don't agree with you. Weak as piss. Blend into a sea of booers if you can't handle an Internet forum. Waaaa

Carry on
And you really think any Swans bias for him is not more than balanced out by anti Swans bias against from fans of other clubs?

The fact that people like you have turned this into a left wing thing says more about your view of the right wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a lot of sad parts to this on going saga. Not all are racist and a sound thinking person knows that. How sad it is though that it has spiralled out of control. Footy fans boo at will, nothing really is going to stop that. I think Adam may have achieved what he set out to achieve Not 100% sure of course, and expect to be labeled for daring to have an opinion. His career is coming to an end soon I expect, and he has used his sport to highlight his beliefs that we are all racist. Not one of us would get away with that no matter what the subject.
My feeling now after months of being sick of this subject is one of unease. It feels to me like our game has been changed forever? Talk of war dances before games, talk of players walking off the field if people boo etc. what's going on?? The AFL have handled this badly blaming fans for the effect instead of looking at the cause. There are several reasons people boo Goodes in my opinion it's not race. We are all Australians playing and trying to enjoy our Australian game. But.....it is changing and it won't be long before it's not the same game we all loved and followed for years. No wonder lots have supposedly changed codes or pulled their membership. Sad, I just want it to be footy like it used to be. I don't boo, but I get it, if a player is dirty, or people don't like umpires desision etc. Lately it has been over the top. No doubt about that.
I was terribly offended when Adam Goodes called Australia Day Un Australia Day, I was terribly offended when he referred to 'you people'... Who people? So, who do we see about that?

Check out @theheraldsun's Tweet:

Could it be any more obvious that Goodes has a massive ego, and cares more about making a name for himself than he does about reconciliation...

Yes I agree booing is wrong FFS you flog. I have continually said I don't like booing. Go back and have a read of the West Coast Sydney Game Day thread where I bought it up before the Jetta stand. WHat I am saying is that you cant call people racist if they are booing, YES YOU CAN CALL them bullies but not racist
Haha - you said "I think a mother has a pretty good idea what is bullying to there child...." while linking an article about that girls mother saying it impacted her and I said "I agree" while linking to an article about Adam Goodes mother saying how it's impacting him and then you said the above.

AT NO POINT did I say in my reply to you that those who are booing are racist. I do think some who boo are, but for the act of booing it doesn't make them racist.

Also - flog is such an overused term. Come up with a new one.

You serious? Are you a parent? Yes the girl was WRONG FFS, we all acknowledge that you flog. But do you really think she thinks that she is a superior race to others? ie a racist?

She was obviously poorly brought up. She isn't a child. Without this incident it doesn't blow up though does it. That is the bottom line.

Not sure of the relevance, but personally no. But I don't object to people who do.
Plenty of people do who have no connection personally to it including 1st or 2nd generation Australians.

People can still link up with and swallow up hegemonic colonial ways of thinking years after the initial colonisation process. Not suggesting you are but if your point is recent Immigrants would never reinforce colonialism and racism its a bit naive.

Paying customers supporting their team by getting under the skin of the opposition are now 'perpetrators'.

It's a game of footy ffs.

I'm talking about the girl in question. Why is she given a free pass and protected whilst Adam is blasted for his reaction?

I care little about the booing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back