Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

howe 600k lel at that price should go to the blues as for jetta no thanks one trick pony. also could of had him if we wanted Sydney offered us 2first round picks for dusty's pick which would of been rohan and jetta thank * we said no

In the Motlop thread on draft and trading board some Geelong supporters were saying that he'd been offered 450k, yet he was asking for 700k.
Surely they're taking the piss.

Richmond will leave the trade/FA period with not one quality player in the bank, it always happens, players we make a move for go to other clubs.
Mark my words, Richmond will not land anyone that we want.
We just dont want to pay overs.
Id be annoyed if we where missing out on players and loosing some of ours.
But all of our guns have re-signed with out a fuss.

We just dont want to pay overs.
Id be annoyed if we where missing out on players and loosing some of ours.
But all of our guns have re-signed with out a fuss.
Exactly, it seems you cant have it both ways, however we are trying to and you cant blame them for trying.

Martin would be a good replacement for Maric. Similar style, not great in the ruck but uses his big body at ground level. Even better around the ground though.

How do you think he would go against dominate tap ruckman like Goldstein and Nicnat?

Have loved Maric's work since his arrival but my word has it been frustrating whenever we come up against a dominate tap ruckman and not sure if I want the problem to remain with our next ruckman.

How do you think he would go against dominate tap ruckman like Goldstein and Nicnat?

Have loved Maric's work since his arrival but my word has it been frustrating whenever we come up against a dominate tap ruckman and not sure if I want the problem to remain with our next ruckman.
Going to be hard pressed finding someone that can go with these guys. Hes close to the best of the rest so youd take that IMO

What I have stated before has not changed. Are pies in the box seat ? Every off season every player is apparently off to the pies even our poor Vickery :rolleyes:. Bottom line, from what i heard, we have spoken to his management, as have 4 other clubs. He may very well re sign with GWS but if he does move, we are not out of it.

IMO our focus like I have mentioned prior is Motlop, if he is not re signed soon by the cats, he is going to another club and early signs say we are the most likely destination.

In my personal opinion if Treloar moves it would be either to the Pies or us. My smokey would be Melbourne as they will offer there high first pick from what i heard last week.

Going to be an interesting off season.

Have to laugh at North throwing their name into every possible big name player trade!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North are just cresting the rollercoaster rise and about to come hurtling down with their older players who are about to get off, leaving their lunch all over the poor younger players left sitting at the back of the carriage. North are desperately trying to keep their window open but the reality is is that, like Essendon and Carlton before them, they over estimated their lists and are left with some of the oldest list in the league with little more than mediocrity to show for it.

Any potential player who is weighing up their options will surely understand this. Besides who wants to train out of a tin shed with three supporters cheering from the side lines. If you want to be relevant - come to Tigers!

If it gets into a bidding war - we lose. We'll only get players that want to come to us I would suspect, given our history. If we do well this September then we may well look very nice to a decent player.

Richmond will leave the trade/FA period with not one quality player in the bank, it always happens, players we make a move for go to other clubs.
Whilst Tiger71 keeps saying we are going to land someone, this is becoming more likely.

We would if we wanted to pay overs... but we don't.... and have a very good retention strategy which enables us to keep the players we want.

S.Selwood would be a good acquisition as a FA also so costs nothing. Would make it easier to use Conca as trade bait if we landed him IMO.

We would if we wanted to pay overs... but we don't.... and have a very good retention strategy which enables us to keep the players we want.
Who according to Tiger71 took unders in the precise that the recruiting team land some players to make us better and would quite rightly ask some questions if those players didnt surface.

So apparently the hawks were one of the most vocal about wanting the ability to trade future picks. They say free agency would help the lower clubs. It seems to only favour the strong clubs. can see this doing the same, even though its a ploy to help the lower building clubs.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back