Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember in High School we had 3 deaf kids in our year level. 2 were really immature, childish and certainly enjoyed playing the victim (e.g "im deaf so i deserve special treatment, i shouldnt be told off" etc etc). Virtually no one liked them and they had trouble making friends. I don't condone bullying and I do admit they were treated much worse than they deserved however some of it they brought on themselves. They constantly complained how people mistreated them cos of their disabiliy and even their parents used to go to the school complaining about it and we would get lectures on acceptance (which I understand, but it wasn't lack of acceptance that was the issue_ Then there was Jay, deaf and had other issues . People loved Jay, why? Because he didn't use his deafness as an excuse, if he didn't hear the teacher, he would ask them to repeat rather than using it to get away with not doing an assignment. He didn't act like a small child nor did he go around asking for pity and believing that he was entitled to be loved just cos he had a disability. (like the other two did)

The whole adam goodes thing reminds me of this, its so easy to say its racism and a lack of acceptance, but the fact is, his the only indingenous player that gets booed. Its his attitude, like those two deaf kids from my high school, not the fact his an aborginal.

You are a flat out racist.

My family came approx 180 years after "Invasion Day." They fled authoritarian government. Via a refugee camp in Austria. They'd never heard of an Aborigine - our language doesn't have a word for it because it's not a concept we encounter. When they got here they didn't kill anybody.

You have an opinion of them that is solely based on the colour of their skin. We're white like the English, it's all our fault. It's flat out racism.
When you move to a country it is important to understand the history. In Australia, that history began with the genocide of large parts of the indigenous population.

Right now that community has an initiative called Respect. Perhaps if you read a little about it you would realise that no one is blaming you for what happened. You are not a victim here.

Check out @theheraldsun's Tweet:

Could it be any more obvious that Goodes has a massive ego, and cares more about making a name for himself than he does about reconciliation...

Why don't you ask the guy in your avatar ....he disagrees with you.

Huh?

Again, where did I say your family shot anyone?

My point was that the British Empire came to Australia to set up a colony however there were already people here, so they displaced them off that land with force and then sold that land to colonists from oversea... ah * it. I'm not explaining the history of the nation to you. I'm sure youre well aware of it and are just being obtuse.

Its doesn't have to be all 3
Okay, let's post the full thing. I'll let others be the judge. Personally I reckon you are having yourself on, if for no other reason than Goodes' behaviour post the onfield incident (as pointed out by someone else).

"A person is bullied when he or she is exposed, repeatedly and over time, to negative actions on the part of one or more other persons, and he or she has difficulty defending himself or herself."

This definition includes three important components:

1. Bullying is aggressive behavior that involves unwanted, negative actions.
2. Bullying involves a pattern of behavior repeated over time.
3. Bullying involves an imbalance of power or strength.

You taken Mrs Goodes' views on board yet by the way mate?

When you move to a country it is important to understand the history. In Australia, that history began with the genocide of large parts of the indigenous population.

Right now that community has an initiative called Respect. Perhaps if you read a little about it you would realise that no one is blaming you for what happened. You are not a victim here.
Ah, now we're going the social stratification route.

I really dont understand the fracas about the 13 year old girl. She called adam an ape and she is meant to be the victim??at the end of the day, she was racially villifying someone and got caught out. Regardles of age , that crap is not on. If you can justify it because she was thirteen, you may aswell fill the stadium with 13 year olds berating goodes whilst throwing bananas at him...but its good because they are 13 afterall

I was terribly offended when Adam Goodes called Australia Day Un Australia Day, I was terribly offended when he referred to 'you people'... Who people? So, who do we see about that?
Sources please?

Surely we can hold two ideas at the same time.

The convicts were victims and the aboriginal community were victims. Both suffered. Both deserve compassion.

The only difference is that the descendants of the convict community are now thriving, whilst life is still spiraling downwards for the the descendants of the aboriginal community.
Life is still spiralling downwards? Lolwut
Aboriginal people have never had it better now than in any time since 1788 and theres a pretty reasonable argument they are a lot better off now than before then (and also a reasonable argument to the contrary).
One of the dopier posts in this thread for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check out @theheraldsun's Tweet:

Could it be any more obvious that Goodes has a massive ego, and cares more about making a name for himself than he does about reconciliation...

If you're implying that Goodes pointing to his skin in the same way Nicky Winmar did is evidencce of him having a huge ego, that was part of a campaign in which a group of Indigenous players did the very same thing. Paddy Ryder, Shaun Burgoyne and Lindsay Thomas also posed for photos.

So yes, it could be more obvious from your evidence.

Life is still spiralling downwards? Lolwut
Aboriginal people have never had it better now than in any time since 1788 and theres a pretty reasonable argument they are a lot better off now than before then (and also a reasonable argument to the contrary).
One of the dopier posts in this thread for sure

This is another major fact that gets forgotten

that's not the definition of racism.
nzt7oO9.png

Huh?

Again, where did I say your family shot anyone?

My point was that the British Empire came to Australia to set up a colony however there were already people here, so they displaced them off that land with force and then sold that land to colonists from oversea... ah **** it. I'm not explaining the history of the nation to you. I'm sure youre well aware of it and are just being obtuse.
Your underlying thesis is when you blame Europeans for x y and z you can't be held to be talking about people from Europe. Good-o. :thumbsu:

I remember in High School we had 3 deaf kids in our year level. 2 were really immature, childish and certainly enjoyed playing the victim (e.g "im deaf so i deserve special treatment, i shouldnt be told off" etc etc). Virtually no one liked them and they had trouble making friends. I don't condone bullying and I do admit they were treated much worse than they deserved however some of it they brought on themselves. They constantly complained how people mistreated them cos of their disabiliy and even their parents used to go to the school complaining about it and we would get lectures on acceptance (which I understand, but it wasn't lack of acceptance that was the issue_ Then there was Jay, deaf and had other issues . People loved Jay, why? Because he didn't use his deafness as an excuse, if he didn't hear the teacher, he would ask them to repeat rather than using it to get away with not doing an assignment. He didn't act like a small child nor did he go around asking for pity and believing that he was entitled to be loved just cos he had a disability. (like the other two did)

The whole adam goodes thing reminds me of this, its so easy to say its racism and a lack of acceptance, but the fact is, his the only indingenous player that gets booed. Its his attitude, like those two deaf kids from my high school, not the fact his an aborginal.
I see far more victims on here than anywhere else ...

He threw an imaginary spear.
He got a free that I didn't think he deserved.
He made a speech that insulted me.
He pointed the finger at a girl in the crowd.
He thinks the word ape is racist.
He is bringing the game into disrepute.
He is protected.
He is a sook.
He is a millionaire.
He is up himself.
He called me racist.
He is trying to take away my right to boo.
He should have handled it better.
He makes me feel ashamed.
He thinks he is better than me.

Pot.
Kettle
Black.

I really dont understand the fracas about the 13 year old girl. She called adam an ape and she is meant to be the victim??at the end of the day, she was racially villifying someone and got caught out. Regardles of age , that crap is not on. If you can justify it because she was thirteen, you may aswell fill the stadium with 13 year olds berating goodes whilst throwing bananas at him...but its good because they are 13 afterall
You're understanding of the human body and maturing is sorely lacking. Back to school for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back