Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss the memo?

You shouldn't boo NOT you can't boo has been the message.

If you don't know the difference, shouldn't = up to you, can't = not allowed to.
WELL ..... Alrighty then (sigh) ..... I can't see booing being taken out of the game.... I'm not saying it's right ,I'm saying how can you police it? Players get booed when they leave clubs and go play for another and you don't see them causing a huge fuss.i think Burgoyne gets booed by port fans still, obviously that's not every week but it still happens.Goodes isn't Robin Crusoe in all this there's other players that suffer it.

I am not trying to justify anything to you as you are nothing to me. So you honestly think that the 13 year old girl consciously thinks that she is of a Superior race to other races. OK that's your right. I however don't think she does. How many tomes does a teenage girl or boy tell their parents :I hate you" or "I wish you were dead" do you really think the teenage kids really hate their parents? She is a kid who has been educated that what she said is rude and upset Goodes, that it upset him doesn't mean she is a racist.

Stop making excuses for her.

I want to start a movement of everyone booing in protest. Everyone should start booing every touch of an opposition player for every round this week!

And the self righteous high moral grounders can all boo the booers
Boo-fest !

I think Tony Abbott is a bad, deceitful PM and hopefully the Liberal party move on him before we get our chance.
However, where is the respect for the Office of Prime Minister that people were crying about during the Gillard years?
If we said half the things about Gillard that we do Abbott, we'd be called sexist.
It's sad that in this country now if you disagree with The Left you get labelled or name called.
But they demand a higher standard when in the reverse position.
Respect the Office, not the person as we said in the military.
So many hypocrites when it comes to this topic!
As much as I dislike Tony Abbott, he should be shown more respect for the office he holds.
That goes for all PMs.

Gillard excluded.

Pretty sure the last time I posted on this was to the effect of "screw Goodes, he made a rod for his own back in many ways other than indigenous issues", I've actually booed him twice the past 5 years to be honest and that was for utter BS decisions a blind man could make not awarded to Hawthorn, after having a think about it it's just football and no matter how he acts on field the guy is trying to do good work off field, absolutely no one besides Milne (* that guy) deserves booing to the point of depression and being unable to play. At this point if you boo him, you're just an arsehole. Not a racist arsehole, but an arsehole.

The main thing I'd like to say is that with some of his comments they just aren't constructive and invite hate while not really making a positive contribution towards anything, I actually am not that patriotic at all so I don't really care if he calls Australia Day, Invasion Day. I mean technically he has a point but what the hell is the point of saying it when you're trying to solve issues and bring people together? Seriously what the hell is the point of that comment?

His wardance isn't a tradition like the Haka, no one in the crowd or watching recognises it, it's just a deliberately antagonistic act. You can't invite hatred constantly to make a point about race relations, he's the one worsening them! Good intentions he obviously just wants to help his people, but he needs a long think about what he's actually doing. It's ******* hard to like the bloke. I'm not saying screw Goodes anymore people need to STFU at the football, but he's definitely made the rod for his own back in both on field and off field issues. He was never trying to heal, he was always dividing.

But like Steven Milne, was accused of sexual assault.
Much like Majak Daw is now.
Strange world we live in hey?
Milne was charged with sexual assault and went court.
Daw has been charged and is given the presumption of innocence.
O'Laughlin was never charged.
And your point is?
Well whatever it is are you drawing a racial connection between sexual assault charges and skin colour? Because if you are you are a low grade racist. I don't want to misjudge you now. Clarify.

Look at him dividing the country. What a bastard.

CLHvGd6UcAA7BQQ.jpg:large

Quoted for truth.

This is a point about media, but a herald sun poll found only 20% believe the racism reason.

Now polls are just that, but thehun will often reflect its polling, but here it is at odds with its polling
It's becoming a trend for media to hang the majority of their readership out to dry to placate outrage culture.

WELL ..... Alrighty then (sigh) ..... I can't see booing being taken out of the game.... I'm not saying it's right ,I'm saying how can you police it? Players get booed when they leave clubs and go play for another and you don't see them causing a huge fuss.i think Burgoyne gets booed by port fans still, obviously that's not every week but it still happens.Goodes isn't Robin Crusoe in all this there's other players that suffer it.

They are not going to police it, don't be so dramatic.
If they could police it they would have, they bring in rules for all sorts of shite but the common sense view is that the people that started it are the ones that should end it. The fans. Hence clubs and coaches coming out and asking people to stop.
People will still boo. No doubt.

I want to start a movement of everyone booing in protest. Everyone should start booing every touch of an opposition player for every round this week!

If it means players lose their wages down the track it will cause a rethink surely.

Crowd participants need to bring their phones in with recordings in case it goes to court. Crowd participants can support each other if security guards snatch their phones and so forth.

If you boo, makes sure its not about race, try and be fair and succinct.

Wouldn't be a bad idea for a representative group to seek legal advice beforehand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a point about media, but a herald sun poll found only 20% believe the racism reason.

Now polls are just that, but thehun will often reflect its polling, but here it is at odds with its polling
Racism is a victim mentality, so it is always about blame. You hear it constantly on this thread.

Adam insulted me.
Threatened me.
Shamed me.
Etc.

If it means players lose their wages down the track it will cause a rethink surely.

Crowd participants need to bring their phones in with recordings in case it goes to court. Crowd participants can support each other if security guards snatch their phones and so forth

And bring their mind reading machines so they can tell if the boos are racist or not.

I'm of the opinion it's a moral issue as opposed to a political issue. I'll try not to insult your mentality though just because my opinion differs to yours.
No you're pretty good at insulting your own with your finely tuned delineation between moral and political issues which of course seldom overlap. Simmered down since telling someone to f&ck off? Good on you squire.

So you honestly think that the 13 year old girl consciously thinks that she is of a Superior race to other races. OK that's your right. I however don't think she does. How many tomes does a teenage girl or boy tell their parents "I hate you" or "I wish you were dead" do you really think the teenage kids really hate their parents? She is a kid who has been educated that what she said is rude and upset Goodes, that it upset him doesn't mean she is a racist.

Does saying a racist remark make you racist? I got called a white c&^nt yesterday (driving rage - I didn't notice the guy trying to merge in and didn't leave him enough room, my bad) does that make that person a racist?

You are saying Goodes should have ignored it ?

Miss the memo?

You shouldn't boo NOT you can't boo has been the message.

If you don't know the difference, shouldn't = up to you, can't = not allowed to.

Spot on.

All that is happening here is that Goodes is being very open about how the booing makes him feel and people are saying "I don't care how he feels I still want to be able to boo him."

THe other thing I find interesting is that players, who are the people who are actually involved in the ggrind of the contest, are saying that the boos should stop. But people in the stands and the keyboard warriors on this board feel that they know better.

Regards

S. Pete

So you honestly think that the 13 year old girl consciously thinks that she is of a Superior race to other races. OK that's your right. I however don't think she does. How many tomes does a teenage girl or boy tell their parents "I hate you" or "I wish you were dead" do you really think the teenage kids really hate their parents? She is a kid who has been educated that what she said is rude and upset Goodes, that it upset him doesn't mean she is a racist.

Does saying a racist remark make you racist? I got called a white c&^nt yesterday (driving rage - I didn't notice the guy trying to merge in and didn't leave him enough room, my bad) does that make that person a racist?
Do you reckon the human race is superior to apes?

people boo dirty players sometimes: judd, s johnson, goodes
people boo stagers sometimes: selwood, thomas, goodes
people boo antagonisers sometimes: ballantyne, crowley, goodes
people boo flogs sometimes: tippett, lamumba, goodes
people boo because the media tells them to: watson, goodes

goodes just embodies everything people hate in one neat little package.

not to mention that people don't really like sydney anway. get the feeling it wouldn't be as bad at a melbourne club.

I think Tony Abbott is a bad, deceitful PM and hopefully the Liberal party move on him before we get our chance.
However, where is the respect for the Office of Prime Minister that people were crying about during the Gillard years?
If we said half the things about Gillard that we do Abbott, we'd be called sexist.
It's sad that in this country now if you disagree with The Left you get labelled or name called.
But they demand a higher standard when in the reverse position.
Respect the Office, not the person as we said in the military.
So many hypocrites when it comes to this topic!
As much as I dislike Tony Abbott, he should be shown more respect for the office he holds.
That goes for all PMs.

I understand why no one respects Prime Minister Tony Abbott, he showed no respect for the Office of Prime Minister when in opposition. That and the fact he is an incompetent fool with an IQ lower than an Ant's a-hole.

What I don't understand is the booing of Adam Goodes. I could understand it if he did something to an opponent or received a lucky free kick or two, but to start booing from the first bounce is stupid and disrespectful. I'm might not be a fan, but I respect him as a player and what he has achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back