Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would have to be only one of those two IMO, perhaps Yarran is being looked at as a backup option if Motlop stays
We could easily end up with both.
2nd and Astbury for Yarran and their 3rd.
1st for Motlop. Maybe this years 1st and next years 1st with Geelong sending something back.

Given how much we put into shutting him down in games against Carlton it doesn't surprise me that we'd be interested
I guess my question is just how much we need him given how well our defence is playing currently
play him forward!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've wanted Yarran at the Tigers since 2012.

He's a player who probably complements a good side, moreso than holds it up, at least structurally speaking, which explains to me why he has struggled at Carlton a bit recently. Honestly, his situation seems to be a "it's better for both parties to move on" kinda deal.

I think Yarran would be a very good value pick-up for US specifically, because if this year is anything to go by, I think structurally we're in good shape, but it's the extra bit of class and x-factor that we sometimes lack (at least when Titch isn't playing).

Would be a fantastic get for the club, provided we don't sell the farm for him. A second round pick + McDonough perhaps? Or given their need for talls, perhaps Astbury, leaving us to deal out McDonough + 1st rounder for Motlop.

Astbury + 2nd rounder, for Yarran + 3rd rounder from Carlton
McDonough + 1st rounder, for Motlop + 2nd rounder from Geelong

Getting those 2 probably stops us from making a serious play at Treloar, but honestly, bringing in those 2 guys will probably give us greater benefit than just Treloar on his own anyway, and the two deals individually are probably more realistic.

I look forward to the day the AFL allow the trading of future first borns :p
children-born-for-sacrifice1.jpg

We could easily end up with both.
2nd and Astbury for Yarran and their 3rd.
1st for Motlop. Maybe this years 1st and next years 1st with Geelong sending something back.
1st for Motlop only, he's out of contract, no need to overpay.
Even that Yarran deal I think is overs given Yarran's current output this year, he's lost a bit of currency, would try for just a 2nd rounder

I dare say he could be that player for us that could play both roles depending on injuries and form. Didnt someone from Richmond state we would look to bring in a player that could play both roles.
IMO Yarran would be far more dangerous for us in a forward role moving forward.

Yarran and Motlop would be a good off season.
If we somehow managed to pull that off i would be ******* stoked!

I would be happy if we managed to get Yarren. Fills a need on our list for a quick crumbing forward/mid.

I would be surprised if Carlton would get a 1st round pick with him as a restricted free agent next year. For that to happen I would be guessing he would have to be paid at least $600,000, and that is well and truly overs on his current form and the position he plays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back