Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To who? We killed a ton of them.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You think if you acknowledge the bleeding obvious the big bad black man will kick you out of your house.

It's about you feeling bad about the facts, not the stated facts being wrong.
The aboriginal population has more than doubled since 1788, plenty of candidates to give your house to if you want.

Gold :)

Its like the militant unions who want to destroy the company their members work for.... oh that makes sense :$
No no no! It's like idiots trying to kill the admin of their favourite footy forum with their brainless analogies.

When I've seen Indigenous people comment or engage in the matter (and I have a fair few friend on Facebook of Indigenous background), I've only seen them defend Goodes. I wonder what that suggests...

It suggests correlation.

The point I'm making is that perhaps there are exceptions. Which would contradict the accusation by the Swans (and others) that all booers (without a single exception) are racists.

Using the LeBron James example yet again, he would cop it many times (80+ games a season, far more often than "the nameless player") yet he didn't kick up a stink about it... he goes about his business with the right attitude.

Being booed is not abuse. Being sworn at or called racist names is abuse, booing is not. If being booed is being abused then you had better tell everyone to stop booing in every single game in every single sport from now on. Not only have the rules of the game turned AFL soft as butter, now you can't even boo to voice your disapproval of someone's football antics.
Except people are booing because he pointed out racism. People are really uncomfortable that a 13 year old girl exposes the underlying racism which exists in Australia.... so they excuse the racism.... but she was only 13 so Goodes should let racism slide....

No he shouldn't let racism slide. He also talked to the girl and he said he did not blame her....... Heard words he found unacceptable and offensive snd he pointed it out. It wasn't until after, he found out her age. People are all like "he singled her out", bullshit.

People are booing because they don't like him winning Australian of the Year.... This is evidenced by the "he called it invasion day" argument.... Only thing is he didn't.

The 2 main reasons he's being called a flog....and being used to justify the booing are directly concerning racial issues. This being the case the booing has a large basis in racism.

No one said if you boo it's racist. Oeople have said Some people booing are doing it because of racist attitudes, do you want to be associated with this.

If a person continues to argue they still want to boo, I guess they align themselves with those who are racially motivated.

And on your last point. Harassment is bad. Kids do not have to put up with it. It is not playing the victim card to call for it to stop. Racial harassment is worse and calling Goodes a sook for calling for the abuse to stop snd suck it up is tantamount to saying the abuse is ok in the 1st place.

To be honest I don't like Goodes. I think he's a massive umpire and AFL golden boy who gets an easy go.

I would have booed him on Sunday if I were at the game.

After this I still don't like him and I think the vast majority of people booing him aren't doing it because of race but I'd feel uncomfortable booing him in the future.

The aboriginal population has more than doubled since 1788, plenty of candidates to give your house to if you want.
Yes because listening to someone means giving them your house.

Genius.

As I keep saying if he can't cop it then he is free to walk away to a less stressful profession, maybe lawn bowls is his calling.
He isn't finding the profession stressful at all. He's been doing it for over 15 years.

He is finding the targeted and systematic hate from sections of the crowd stressful.

Yep, a singular indigenous culture and identity is a modern construct it has no basis in history, the various tribes and nations have as many differences as commonalties.

It's amazing that people will speak on behalf of indigenous people without knowing their culture or history.

It is actually against custom for any group of people (indigenous or otherwise) to speak on the behalf of any group of indigenous people.

Australia makes out that Aboriginals are a collective, they are not, it is a myth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So should every fan wishing to boo ultimately cease that right because of 1 individual? Goodes can retire for all I care, in fact it's better that he does.
Why would you want to continue booing if you know it is affecting the mental well being of a player?

I can only think of one reason. Because you are an areshole.

ANYbody Watch the FOOTY SHOW Tonight??

Hird, essendon coach for those who dont know (DUHHH) is subject to boos quite often because of the whole bombers saga. Anyhooo they just showed that hird rode on his bike after previously being injured riding it, to go to a kids house who has muscular dystrophy, and is a bombers fan, and hence talk with the kid, have a sausuage sizil with him, invite him to the locker rooms against the bulldogs on the weekend etc.

What im getting at, is Goodes complains everyone boos him don't like him etc, yet he's never done anything like this from my memory has he??? What Hird done their is what youd think anyone would do, but nevertheless that is more Australian of the year worthy than Goodes done to be awared AOTY.

Why doesn't Goodes start doing some things like this to try and get fans to start showing him some respect, as opposed to implying the fans are racist...????????????????????????

Seriously?????????????

http://www.go-foundation.org/

I can say with some knowledge on this matter that the people that hate indigenous people the most...are in fact indigenous people

Indigenous culture (of which I am no expert) is really quite confusing, as it is a group of 800+ different groups lumped under one banner, who each have their own singular identity but are labelled as one whole.

i hope you keep posting. It's better than hearing others tell you what 'your people' should be feeling or are feeling; as if you were a pack who were spoken for or represented by a few 'leaders' under one culture.

If a person continues to argue they still want to boo, I guess they align themselves with those who are racially motivated.

And on your last point. Harassment is bad. Kids do not have to put up with it. It is not playing the victim card to call for it to stop. Racial harassment is worse and calling Goodes a sook for calling for the abuse to stop snd suck it up is tantamount to saying the abuse is ok in the 1st place.

Prove that every single booer is doing it for racial reasons ?

When I've seen Indigenous people comment or engage in the matter (and I have a fair few friend on Facebook of Indigenous background), I've only seen them defend Goodes. I wonder what that suggests...

Not everything is clear cut, the claiming of solid points of view on each side of the argument is bad from both sides. Plenty of blame to go around. Sadly the reasonable voices in the middle are drowned out by the fanatics on both sides.

... and just for the record, another indigenous voice, one voice among many different voices, links below

http://theblacksteamtrain.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/the-wayland-smithers-school-of.html?m=1

http://theblacksteamtrain.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/adam-goodes-ensuring-racism-as-sport.html

Answer the question.

You mean how our Prime Minister and other parliamentarians get booed or a policeman gets booed. You mean how our Premiers get booed when they come out to address a union protest or especially the recent protest against against closing down some communicates so to consolidate resources.

Please Answer the question.

You answer mine. There's a difference between sports and politics, and that's why this sporting issue became a political issue, and wasn't one from the get-go.

The answer to yours is yes, you are allowed to voice your disdain. And does it make you a racist? Yes. You're either booing for racist reason, or engaging in racist behaviour, as you're booing alongside people that are racists. I don't understand why you'd want to make yourself a part of that.

It suggests correlation.

The point I'm making is that perhaps there are exceptions. Which would contradict the accusation by the Swans (and others) that all booers (without a single exception) are racists.

Okay. What's your point?

Prove that every single booer is doing it for racial reasons ?
My God you're a broken record with this. Go away you irritating person.

It's amazing that people will speak on behalf of indigenous people without knowing their culture or history.

It is actually against custom for any group of people (indigenous or otherwise) to speak on the behalf of any group of indigenous people.

Australia makes out that Aboriginals are a collective, they are not, it is a myth.

Id like to thank you for speaking out. Its interesting to hear an indigenous voice in this thread. We keep being told all indigenous ppl are hive-mind mentality.

So many whites in here spewing accusations of racism. Im curious are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back