Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Freo and Ross Lyon are a pain to deal with, but if they are serious about winning a flag soon and Sheridan wants to return to Vic, a straight swap for Yarran is win-win for both teams.

Thats just the point, They will only deal if they are left with no choice, In regards to a win/win I think if you were to ask any freo supporter they wouldnt trade Sheridan for Yarran if they didnt have to.

You watch the Eagles v Swans game on Sunday. Laidler was appalling, will get dropped this week.

The Swans backline is the biggest problem for Sydney, battlers like Rampe and Laidler are just not up to it. It was absolutely the correctamundo decision to let him go.
The very reason Laidler did not play finals footy at all for Sydney last season. He was not considered up to the pressure of finals footy.

He is a one dimensional player, whose lack of pace means he gets caught out too often under finals type pressure. He provides little run from defence & the better clubs know to play mobile players on him because they run him around & take advantage of his inability to turn quickly/change direction, a direct result of his dodgy knee.

Need picks to invest in the draft, period.

Put him on the market for a first round pick and not a penny less.

If there are no takers, we keep him and expose him to our new coach/game plan next season which will either entice him to stay or get us a better compensation selection.

Its win/win for us on all fronts.

They'd probably pull out another A.Collins from somewhere and other IT for Yaz.
More the fool us, in history, we would take it. But not SOS, our saviour.

I think SOS is only interested in draft picks (which he can either go to the draft with, or on trade for talented players under 23 years of age).

We also need a pick to hand to the Lions for Aish.

I think SOS is only interested in draft picks (which he can either go to the draft with, or on trade for talented players under 23 years of age).

We also need a pick to hand to the Lions for Aish.
Is Aish to Carlton pretty much a done deal C4?

Not that I can confirm.

But the media is portraying us as the place he wants to get to (now that Collingwood is occupied with Treloar) .. and having Trigg being close/linked to the Aish family obviously helps?
Ok thanks.
Does seem through the media reports he's coming to Carlton. Would certainly add some class and depth to our midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'd probably pull out another A.Collins from somewhere and other IT for Yaz.
More the fool us, in history, we would take it. But not SOS, our saviour. High draft picks please.
Still bleeding over that A.Collins trade but hey we got them back with the Hampson for pretty much Docherty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't mind the trade as long as we aren't sitting on here in two years time lamenting how we have traded away all our gun players who are killing it at other clubs a la Betts and Jacobs.

We have to remember, as a club, we make these trade decisions based on the situation that confronts us now - list with little talent and depth and 4-5 years away from any sort of challenge to top 4.

Don't mind the trade as long as we aren't sitting on here in two years time lamenting how we have traded away all our gun players who are killing it at other clubs a la Betts and Jacobs.

We have to remember, as a club, we make these trade decisions based on the situation that confronts us now - list with little talent and depth and 4-5 years away from any sort of challenge to top 4.
In fairness when we made the trade for Collins, you all googled who he was because he was an unknown. Was a pretty head-scratching trade at the time and I'm still confused how we were able to have the wool pulled over our eyes in that trade.

In fairness when we made the trade for Collins, you all googled who he was because he was an unknown. Was a pretty head-scratching trade at the time and I'm still confused how we were able to have the wool pulled over our eyes in that trade.
Ratts didn't want a draft pick he wanted a player who could contribute. Collins had played cracking game against the Swans in 2010 where he kicked a couple of critical goals. Tigers supporters were really upset to lose him.

Ratts didn't want a draft pick he wanted a player who could contribute. Collins had played cracking game against the Swans in 2010 where he kicked a couple of critical goals. Tigers supporters were really upset to lose him.
So lets re-think our trading policy. Only trade for players who have played 1 good game in their career.

As I said I was confused at the time, and still am, however, the Hampson trade makes me feel a lot better.

So lets re-think our trading policy. Only trade for players who have played 1 good game in their career.

As I said I was confused at the time, and still am, however, the Hampson trade makes me feel a lot better.
Collins looked okay to me, I don't think we gave him enough opportunity.

Grigg had struggled to get a game at the time so it is not as if he had justified his draft position. Collins had shown just as much if not more than Grigg. The idea of having players who could contribute while Judd was at the top of his game was a reasonable strategy.

It is not as if we had taken a draft pick we would have used it to pick Luke Parker.

Grigg had struggled to get a game at the time so it is not as if he had justified his draft position. Collins had shown just as much if not more than Grigg. The idea of having players who could contribute while Judd was at the top of his game was a reasonable strategy.

It is not as if we had taken a draft pick we would have used it to pick Luke Parker.
I agree. It was a reasonable trade at the time for both parties. We have had some absolute shockers but I wouldn't put this in the same category. It just didn't turn out as well as we hoped.

Yarran would be a great get for any club that can get the most out of him. If that's even possible. Would think a team with a strong culture like Hawthorn would make him scarily good. Or delist him.

I disagree, in his last 6 games Grigg averaged over 22 disposals. Collins had played well but never set the world on fire. I personally wasn't impressed with the deal at the time.

I disagree, in his last 6 games Grigg averaged over 22 disposals. Collins had played well but never set the world on fire. I personally wasn't impressed with the deal at the time.
I think it was a crap deal but was all we could get from Richmond at the time and Grigg was gone!

Grigg was offered a pretty good deal by the Tiges and decided that's where he wanted to be. He was a handy player with suspect disposal but was not cemented in our squad, his last season for us was hampered by injury and I feel he chose a team where he would be a regular. He is an outside running player who has done pretty well even though I feel he may be a weak point when it comes to finals but could also be totally wrong with that assumption.

In hindsight he made the right decision as the Tiges are on the up and we are in a place of uncertainty again. He was always going to leave and Collins was the offer or we would have got nothing as he was out of contract.

A new coach, the right coach could be the difference in getting the best out of Yarren. If he has stated that he wants to go then that is a different story, then we start playing hard ball with whoever he wants to go to and get the best deal we can. If he wants to stay and the new coach wants him, end of discussion.

If we trade out Yarren, Henderson, Kreuzer, we trade out 3 players who have over 100 games experience, our last side that played had 11 blokes with about 50 games or less experience. On the injury front we are not missing to many that would come into the team and make much of a difference, for some reason our senior players have really struggle to make an impact with our younger boys showing them up.

Walker and Carrazzo will be done this year, Thomas who knows what he can provide anymore and Gibbs who has been as bad as he was good last season. Yes we have some good young kids coming through but they need some form of guidance. We mast have some salary cap room with Warnock, Judd and Carrazzo going, if we chase someone it needs to be a youngish KPP with some mongrel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back