Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given how much we put into shutting him down in games against Carlton it doesn't surprise me that we'd be interested
I guess my question is just how much we need him given how well our defence is playing currently

play him in the morris role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has burnt us in the past, so no denying his skills.
I agree with whats been said in regards to his poor form being related to the rabble of a club that is carlton.
Will lift with new environment, new expectations, want for acceptance by new team mates and being in a talented team.

either yarran or motlop would do the trick - I think we would move forward with either!

part of me says "OH HELL NO" as he is an ill disciplined lazy player.

the other part of me says "but he plays for a cr@p carlton side and a change may do him the world of good" he could become a very good small forward who can push both ways and be very, very damaging.

i'd rather not take him and focus on trealor though.
Lids, Lennon, Mcdonough, Menadue, Dusty, Titch can all do his role anyway. I think focussing on someone that allows lids to stay forward more is what we really need now.

Those saying Yarran is a spud. Look at the improvement of Garlett with a fresh start. Was obviously unhappy.

To a lesser extent even Betts is having a break out year.

Quite funny considering all 3 gave us head aches when at the blooze and now they could all be gone. Eh eh eh

I would back Yarran in to improve and give us some real flexibility.

Icing on the cake type player.

We won't be getting Motlop and Yarran. Essentially the same player. one or the other. I'll take Motlop as first preference.

To be honest I think they will have similar levels of impact in a top 4 side. They both have the same amount of talent. Similar types, but types we really lack. I don't think we will get both but I could see both fitting into our 22.

i like this move.

he is clearely not happy at carlton and his body language reflects that. but i think a lot of that has to do with the fact that carlton are playing him in the wrong position. he ISNT a defender, and our backline is pretty settled as it is.

play him as a half forward with bursts onto a wing running between the arcs as a link up player.

Him and titch could be a very handy combo! imagine getting Motlop as well!

No way , he is struggling to maintain his spot in the worst side in the comp.

Just a FYI, I mentioned Yarran ages ago ;)

Anyway, he fills a immediate need. Forward X factor, will release Lids to a HBF to combo with Houli, and can be switched up with Yarran at HBF if we need more drive. The noise simply is the blues are a dog to deal with, they will expect a first round pick, which we wont offer IMO. So will be interesting what we do, to satisfy a need if we want to get the deal done trade wise.

God i want Motlop, a midfielder, and players that are a upgrade to Gordon/Lloyd..plus 3 kids. Do that and its a win imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back