List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for strength, guts, pace and a right side he was a perfect number 3 pick....

In Hindsight it would have been great to take Pendlebury. However Xavier has a football brain 2nd /3rd only to Luke Hodge /Burgoyne on our current list..unfortunately his body hasn't been able to handle the riggers of the game.

We need a contested ball beast of a midfielder... I don't think Aish is what we need right now but yeah let's just hope danger chooses us and we work out a trade

They didn't even have a full time recruiter when he arrived at the club. Suffice to say their first draft, the one where they had 5 picks inside the top 25, was badly blown and probably had a lot to do with his failure.
"head of recruiting" was a teacher who had to coach the first 18 each saturday...

Except for strength, guts, pace and a right side he was a perfect number 3 pick....
You can not question his guts/bravery. Went as hard as anyone and that never waivered despite injury upon injury.

We need a contested ball beast of a midfielder... I don't think Aish is what we need right now but yeah let's just hope danger chooses us and we work out a trade

Danger is that contested Beast. We need to give him some support though. 18yo's aren't going to help. We need some 20-22yo's with a few preseasons under their belt. Get Danger and Aish, throw in Anderson O'Rourke Langford and Hartung / Hill and you have a good young midfield group for the next 5-8 years. Load up on 18yo's next year!

I rate Tarrant but don't trust his body to stand up. Same draft as Cyril and Cyril has played 100 more games and is considered "injury prone"

Are u seriously comparing hawthorns best footballer over the past 10 years with the hack that was Ellis? If you're wanting to argue the point, make it interesting at least..

I think any good football judge would realise that Ellis warranted his selection at pick 3. At the age of 21 he had played 3 good years of football and was one of our top 3 players in our break through 2008 Premiership win. Unfortunately his body couldn't hold up.

If you want to look at some wasted picks, look no further then Dowler / Thorpe.

Since your username is flag08, I thought even you would know that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking about pick values, I think our willingness to value picks at their average resulting player is one of the big reason we've been so successful lately. Many clubs (and most fans) seem to value them at the best possible player you could get at that pick. So they'll value pick 7 as their chance of getting the next Joel Selwood, rather than the average of players taken around that pick

Now that is harder to do for higher picks, as if you trade a high pick and that pick ends up being used to grab a great player your fans tear the place down. But we have been very, very willing to trade our low first rounders. Look at every trade week thread and fans of clubs who we've traded for think they have one (with the exception of Gunners).

One danger of this is that sooner or later a club will pick a star with a pick you gave up, but in the long term you'll win more than you lose. (And I suspect that that PR reasoning, the risk of being seen by your fans as missing the chance to get superstar, is a big part of why we see so few high picks shifting around).

If you look at a games played there not a lot of difference between picks from about 15 to 45. I think we are onto that and don't rate picks in The late teens as much as others, picks above that which we haven't had in ages I reckon we would use.

Then we back ourselves to get good players with those picks between say 30-50 that are as good as you would get in that 15-30 range.

I just saw an ad for tonight's footy show and they claim they will reveal who we are chasing. I'm going to take a stab and say that they state that we have entered the race for Treloar. This news would make me truly happy. I believe he's from Noble Park which just happens to be around the corner from Dingley! They wouldn't be making it a headline leading up to the show if it were Dangerfield so I believe it will be someone not already linked to us. I wait with great anticipation.

My brother used to work with his dad and has been trying to harass him into a trade to Hawthorn for the last few years, but has been always told he's very happy at GWS, however the plant closed so he hasn't spoken to him in a while but he'll be taking full credit if hat was the case.

I think any good football judge would realise that Ellis warranted his selection at pick 3. At the age of 21 he had played 3 good years of football and was one of our top 3 players in our break through 2008 Premiership win. Unfortunately his body couldn't hold up.

If you want to look at some wasted picks, look no further then Dowler / Thorpe.

Since your username is flag08, I thought even you would know that!
He was good in 2008 no doubt, but don't kid yourself. He's never looked like a pick 3

So Geelong are allegedly after Dangerfield, S Selwood, Henderson and Leuenberger.
It will be difficult fitting them all in at once. Even 3 out of 4 would be a challenge.
Maybe we should do them a favor and take Danger off their hands so they can afford the others... :D

So Geelong are allegedly after Dangerfield, S Selwood, Henderson and Leuenberger.
It will be difficult fitting them all in at once. Even 3 out of 4 would be a challenge.
Maybe we should do them a favor and take Danger off their hands so they can afford the others... :D

Even with all four of them, I still don't see Geelong as threatening next year. The first bloke is a standout and the other three are all handy or potentially handy, but I'd take Adelaide's list over Geelong's at the moment. Maybe Danger will come to that conclusion to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back