Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope he squeezes into the allocated points turbo:cool:
Given the cattle they're using now, they would be well over, by adding Rose they would have to reduce points elsewhere, it will become a real juggling act, and clubs will really have to do their homework, as to what they actually require, rather than just putting their hands in their pockets and pulling out the cash

Given the cattle they're using now, they would be well over, by adding Rose they would have to reduce points elsewhere, it will become a real juggling act, and clubs will really have to do their homework, as to what they actually require, rather than just putting their hands in their pockets and pulling out the cash

Raiders wouldn't be too high would they? Who would earn high points there? I thought Rovers, Dogs, Hopper and Raiders would be pretty low based on all the kids playing.

'
Raiders wouldn't be too high would they? Who would earn high points there? I thought Rovers, Dogs, Hopper and Raiders would be pretty low based on all the kids playing.
To be honest Fruit, and i know that i said they'd be well over, but i couldn't say for certain, what i do know is they have bought a quite a few in from outside the club, and when that happens, even from Hume, Tallangatta, O&K, it doesn't matter, that still accumulates more points than you would think. Sam Murray (Hume League) for instance would be a 3 pointer, hard to believe given his just a kid, who knows what a Davey would have meant to the total. Honestly, can you imagine sitting down at selection and saying this guy X is lighting it up, but we can't play this week because player Y is back from injury. It's going to be interesting should it come in.

'

To be honest Fruit, and i know that i said they'd be well over, but i couldn't say for certain, what i do know is they have bought a quite a few in from outside the club, and when that happens, even from Hume, Tallangatta, O&K, it doesn't matter, that still accumulates more points than you would think. Sam Murray (Hume League) for instance would be a 3 pointer, hard to believe given his just a kid, who knows what a Davey would have meant to the total. Honestly, can you imagine sitting down at selection and saying this guy X is lighting it up, but we can't play this week because player Y is back from injury. It's going to be interesting should it come in.
When the raiders played north they were well over 60 points. I'm hearing the limit will be 40. They are smashing the points more than any team.Think about it.

When the raiders played north they were well over 60 points. I'm hearing the limit will be 40. They are smashing the points more than any team.Think about it.
That's nearly 3 points for every player. Surely that's not right and wouldn't locals be worth no points? Whatever it is I hope it works for the sake of the competition.
I see Hollands and Bradshaw didn't play in the Doggies big win. Twitt was injured too and it would be interesting to know what part of the game that was because to me it suggests they should stick with the kids and possibly say thanks for the contribution from the old guys but you won't ne needed from here on in.

That's nearly 3 points for every player. Surely that's not right and wouldn't locals be worth no points? Whatever it is I hope it works for the sake of the competition.
I see Hollands and Bradshaw didn't play in the Doggies big win. Twitt was injured too and it would be interesting to know what part of the game that was because to me it suggests they should stick with the kids and possibly say thanks for the contribution from the old guys but you won't ne needed from here on in.
I stated much earlier in the season that i thought the dad's army approach at Wodonga was the wrong way to go. But maybe it was a case of having these guys nurturing some of the younger guys, and now that we're getting close to the pointy end of season, the young guys are starting to show signs of improvement, confidence, maturity, etc. But it could also say more about how badly Corowa are travelling.

Yarrawonga after the weekend are now only 4 points behind 3rd spot. With Raiders likely to get nowhere near Lavi and Yarra probably beating Wang they should be 3rd by the weekend. Does anyone who's seen them regularly think they could seriously challenge come finals time?

Yarrawonga after the weekend are now only 4 points behind 3rd spot. With Raiders likely to get nowhere near Lavi and Yarra probably beating Wang they should be 3rd by the weekend. Does anyone who's seen them regularly think they could seriously challenge come finals time?

Raiders are currently third and on 36 points. If they win only 2 more they are on 44 points. Win 3 more and 3rd is theirs. Raiders still have:
Lavi
Rovers
Corowa
Yarra

North are on 32 points and have 4 games they could win. They will need at least 3 wins to catch raiders in my opinion.
Rovers
Yarra
Myrt
Corowa

Yarra are on 32 points as well and will need to get their sh!t together or else they could go into the finals on the back of 3 losses!
Wang
North
Albury
Raiders

Clearly the games that will decide the make up of the finals are Yarra v North and Yarra v Raiders.

As for if Yarra can mount a serious challenge in finals! Well if they are there and can manage to win their first final, likely to be an elimination, who knows what can happen.
But for me they don't have the cattle they've had in previous years. In particular McMillan and O'Connor are the two proven performers they'll miss the most.

I think their back half is still a bit light on, Barnes and Fev will be overcoming pretty significant injuries, so may struggle to have as big an impact as normal... I have been wrong many many times though

Raiders are currently third and on 36 points. If they win only 2 more they are on 44 points. Win 3 more and 3rd is theirs. Raiders still have:
Lavi
Rovers
Corowa
Yarra

North are on 32 points and have 4 games they could win. They will need at least 3 wins to catch raiders in my opinion.
Rovers
Yarra
Myrt
Corowa

Yarra are on 32 points as well and will need to get their sh!t together or else they could go into the finals on the back of 3 losses!
Wang
North
Albury
Raiders

Clearly the games that will decide the make up of the finals are Yarra v North and Yarra v Raiders.

As for if Yarra can mount a serious challenge in finals! Well if they are there and can manage to win their first final, likely to be an elimination, who knows what can happen.
But for me they don't have the cattle they've had in previous years. In particular McMillan and O'Connor are the two proven performers they'll miss the most.
I think Raiders, North and Yarra will all finish on 44 points. It's a high chance that going into the last game of the year at Yarra that Yarra will be on 40 points and Raiders will be on 44. Yarra will win and it will come down to percentage which Yarra currently lead by only 4.02

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McIntosh to Lavi next year. I wonder if Saker gave him a call last night? Not sure if Kosi will go around again but if not a very handy replacement.

Great day at dedarang today , Interesting to see Elliot Powell playing in the dedarang seconds , yes that's correct playing for dedarang seconds !!!! just got cleared of damage to his knee and he spends the bye playing 2nds football in the tallangatta league under a different name. Wonder what Albury would think about this 3 weeks out from finals ??????? Poor form

Great day at dedarang today , Interesting to see Elliot Powell playing in the dedarang seconds , yes that's correct playing for dedarang seconds !!!! just got cleared of damage to his knee and he spends the bye playing 2nds football in the tallangatta league under a different name. Wonder what Albury would think about this 3 weeks out from finals ??????? Poor form

Seriously

Remove this Banner Ad

Back