Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Holmes

A decent enough movie made very watchable with the performances of Laura Linney and the great Sir Ian McKellen. A bit of a different take on Sherlock Holmes, and perfectly welcome. Nothing stands out as being amazing, but a very well made piece of cinema.

3.5/5

Mr Holmes

A decent enough movie made very watchable with the performances of Laura Linney and the great Sir Ian McKellen. A bit of a different take on Sherlock Holmes, and perfectly welcome. Nothing stands out as being amazing, but a very well made piece of cinema.

3.5/5
I'm guessing it's not about John...

300 rise of Spartans. 4/10

Ancient navy sea battles is a war genre that hasn't been done much before but this was pretty ordinary and predictable.

Being not a sequel, but a parallel storyline to 300 was kinda cool but yeah, 300 was definitely better.

agree totally. 300 was food for the eyes. gore and music. 300 + was an extension, but i couldnt get into the lead actors role. didnt strike me as a leader of men. eva greens breasts were good.

Paper Towns

Flat, lightweight oddity but "nice" enough...

Pretty much. I'm not really into these films, but saw it on a whim with a friend. Could not help but smile when they sung the Pokemon theme, and there were some other funny moments sprinkled throughout. Didn't really walk out of the cinema thinking ''Why'd I pay for that junk'', pleasant enough.

Inside Out

Wow. What a film. One of the best depictions of mental health I've seen, but still accessible to kids. Gets important messages across in a way that children and adults can both understand the significance of. Great, enjoyable writing. Strong performances from the lead cast. Typical quality animation. May be my new favourite Pixar film.

4.5/5

agree totally. 300 was food for the eyes. gore and music. 300 + was an extension, but i couldnt get into the lead actors role. didnt strike me as a leader of men. eva greens breasts were good.
Indeed. And while Cersei isn't my type at all, she looked better as a brunette in this, IMO.

The Karate Kid Part III

Daniel really likes macaroni and cheese.

Become apparent the underlying reason I love the first movie is because Daniel-san gets the s**t kicked out of him all the time.

RIP Sensei Kreese.

14462090_3_x.jpg

Yeah, I watched it too. Was like Daniel-san was on Meth the whole time. Just wanted to tell him to calm the * down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Friday the 13th (2009 remake.)

Five minutes in and I can't wait for Jason to slaughter everyone.

Especially that dick with the glasses.

And he just bit it...

Flash Gordon

Most unforgettable movie-going experience of my life.

Six years old and it involved a car-crash, my uncle punching on with Batman and getting king-hit by Wonder Woman (occupants in the other car on their way to a costume party), police at the scene letting complete strangers drive us home and a trip to hospital to get stitches in the back of my head.

The only downer was missing the final episode of The Incredible Hulk.

FLASH! A-AH!! SAVIOUR OF THE UNIVERSE!!!

Timothy Dalton's finest work.

Last edited:
Ant Man

Pretty decent film. More my type of Marvel film where it's more of a comedic take of a superhero. The premise of Ant Man is pretty awesome, and the way he fights and the way they film it is unique and entertaining.

Overall, probably my 2nd or 3rd favourite Marvel film, behind Guardians of the Galaxy and on par with the second Avengers.

Hopefully he joins the Avengers as he will most definitely be my favourite Avenger.

Thought the film was well executed, although I thought the set up of some of the jokes were quite obvious and the punchlines were good but not great. Although the audience was pretty small and pretty s**t. Didn't laugh at many of the jokes.

Wished there were more fight scenes but the action scenes that were there were really well done.

8/10

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

Pretty much what you expect and hope for. A real solid action film. Enough twists and exciting set pieces to be entertaining and enough plot to be smart enough. Cruise is great as always, Renner, Pegg, Baldwin, Sean Harris is a stand out. They've been making these movies a while and don't look like slowing down anytime soon.

4/5

The King's Speech

Colin Firth is dynamite and that movie is real pretty. I always hear how its Oscar win was undeserved but I always found that year's crop underwhelming and this anything but.

Anyone getting around MIFF this year?

I have tickets to see 'The Witch' and 'Victoria'. I want to see 'The Lobster' as well but I am not sure what luck I am going to have in a standby queue.

I have tickets to see 'The Witch' and 'Victoria'. I want to see 'The Lobster' as well but I am not sure what luck I am going to have in a standby queue.
I'm in for The Lobster on Monday. It's amongst the 45 films I'm seeing. I may have gone slightly overboard.

I'm in for The Lobster on Monday. It's amongst the 45 films I'm seeing. I may have gone slightly overboard.

* me. I wish I had more time. I actually wish I had the money as well to go to something like the Toronto film festival. Maybe one day.

Misson: Impossible - Rogue Nation

Absolute blast!

Fast, funny, action-packed and inventive.

The Cruiser is the last classic movie star left.

Ethan Hunt > James Bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back