Prediction Changes for Melbourne (four changes this week, see OP for update, but Jamie's back!),

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd do well in Goldsacks current role you'd think. A better defensive,marking and line breaking third tall. Less penetrating kick but Goldsacks kicking is hardly a strength of late.

I agree, think he could slot into just about any position longer term.

I reckon we are one forward and one defender short to be honest.

I am happy to see the outs, but I thought white would come out for either Cloke or Reid.

It could work this week as a one off to throw melbourne off a bit, but it's not a good forward set up long term.

I also think we will struggle to stop Howe given the dees line up with McDonald, hogan and Dawes forward, and Toovey plays on Garlett. That leaves Maynard or Langdon on Howe. Otherwise Langdon goes to McDonald or Toovey goes to hogan with Williams on Garlett.

Seedsman is lucky, but Melbourne is a slow team and his pace can exploit them. Bucks is really finding out about him and I don't mind that.

Happy with Dwyer in as he has earned it, and Adams + Elliott are solid inclusions

McDonald forward? I thought he was their best defender?

Frost & Brown will cover Hogan & Dawes. Goldsack will likely take their third tall (Howe?) and someone like Langdon can give height away to Watts as he's not a contested marking player (2012 his only season averaging more than 1 a game). Far as I can tell they only have Gawn for rucking so there won't be a resting ruck forward. I don't know if Watts has ever been sent back but think they might be able to use his height to help spoil our tall forwards if needed.

I was a little surprised at White out (with no Cloke or Reid) and Seedsman in but we are going with resting ruckman & Moore up forward in wet conditions against a Melbourne backline that is a bit short. McDonald at 194 covering Moore or Grundy/Witts and then Dunn (192) or Garland (191) to cover the other.

Whilst a bit surprised at Seedsman inclusion (not a high possession game in VFL with 17) he did have some impact - 4 clearances, 8 inside 50, 4 rebound 50, 4 tackles. I think he's the kind of player we need to find some form and who better to do it against then lower teams Dees & Blues? Even if he has a poor game I expect with Adams return we will have enough grunt in the middle to allow Pendles, Dwyer, Varcoe & Sidebottom to deliver the goods.

I think the selection of Grundy/Witts plus Moore says a number of things.
Moore has gone past White, and White not getting a game with Cloke out means that the writing is on the wall for him. And for Moore, the sky is the limit. A lot of faith in Moore.
It also says that Bucks believes that, Grundy in particular, can play forward and clunk marks, and kick goals. He'll probably play a decent part of the game in the forward line, rotating with Witts, perhaps 50/50, but I like the move.
Jesse White may play another game this year. He's now behind a floating ruck, Cloke and Moore.

It's 1 game. Moore is a long way of establishing himself.

Yet he "won't" take a shot from 50 in the last quarter to take the lead against the Hawks!

I'll stick by my "opinion" we will not win a Premiership with him in our team.

This Saturday for me is a step in the right direction.

People say the same about Goldsack, Toovey, Blair.... oh wait!

And White would have clearly been in Sydney's 2013 GF side if they'd gotten over the Dockers in the PF.

We would of won IF Cloke Kick Straight

Or Moore...
Or Fasolo...
Or Broomhead...
Or De Goey...
Or Crisp...
Or Varcoe...
Or Sidebottom...
Or Oxley...

People say the same about Goldsack, Toovey, Blair.... oh wait!

And White would have clearly been in Sydney's 2013 GF side if they'd gotten over the Dockers in the PF.

Not me sir.....but I did say it about Leon.

My guess is the club thought he would be a second forward (e.g Dawes) he isn't so we move on.
Every one makes mistakes.......I actually hope I am wrong about White because that means we have another Premiership soon ;)

Presume one of our rucks will play 80% forward this week. Reckon it'll be Grundy. With Witts to towel up (an admittedly improving) Gawn in the ruck...

Dropping White, while deserved, leaves Moore the only target for their KPDs.

He's going to get smothered like no one's business on Saturday. Can't imagine it'll be great for his confidence.
White had to be dropped. Whilst he may be one of the only tall options, we cannot continue to reward mediocrity.

It's 1 game. Moore is a long way of establishing himself.

With the greatest respect, I could not disagree more.

Moore and White may have the same physical talent but mentally White just does not have what it takes to be resilient in times of adversity.

If we take last week's game as a direct comparison Moore outperformed White, and kicked accurately when under pressure to keep us in the game.

White has missed numerous chances to kick winning or game-changing goals but has not.

Cloke may miss game-changing goals but at least he:

• sometimes does kick game-changing goals ie from the boundary 55 m out;
  • relieve pressure by taking a pack mark.
For me, Moore has shown more than White has with less opportunity.

Not really unfortunately. It isn't entirely what I was expecting so I'm interested to see if he lines up at VFL level.

Not listed in the VFL squad.

Within the law, can't afford any players out. Although I love the fact that Adams doesn't take a step backwards.

Adams will find himself targeted now as other teams will know they can get inside his head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McDonald forward? I thought he was their best defender?

Frost & Brown will cover Hogan & Dawes. Goldsack will likely take their third tall (Howe?) and someone like Langdon can give height away to Watts as he's not a contested marking player (2012 his only season averaging more than 1 a game). Far as I can tell they only have Gawn for rucking so there won't be a resting ruck forward. I don't know if Watts has ever been sent back but think they might be able to use his height to help spoil our tall forwards if needed.

I was a little surprised at White out (with no Cloke or Reid) and Seedsman in but we are going with resting ruckman & Moore up forward in wet conditions against a Melbourne backline that is a bit short. McDonald at 194 covering Moore or Grundy/Witts and then Dunn (192) or Garland (191) to cover the other.

Whilst a bit surprised at Seedsman inclusion (not a high possession game in VFL with 17) he did have some impact - 4 clearances, 8 inside 50, 4 rebound 50, 4 tackles. I think he's the kind of player we need to find some form and who better to do it against then lower teams Dees & Blues? Even if he has a poor game I expect with Adams return we will have enough grunt in the middle to allow Pendles, Dwyer, Varcoe & Sidebottom to deliver the goods.

McDonald played forward last week and gave Gawn a chop out in the ruck. Likely they'll go the same way this weekend with Gawn the only ruck named.

Not me sir.....but I did say it about Leon.

My guess is the club thought he would be a second forward (e.g Dawes) he isn't so we move on.
Every one makes mistakes.......I actually hope I am wrong about White because that means we have another Premiership soon ;)

So happy to believe that the club has drafted a player without fully understanding his limitations... hmmm right.

As far as I'm aware it's only supporters who assumed he'd morph into the 2nd coming of Carey once we'd recruited him and those same supporters who now question his value to the side.

And we went into 2014 with the belief that Cloke and Reid would be holding down the 2 main KPF positions with White as the 3rd tall/2nd ruck option... but don't let the facts get in the way.

I've sleepped on it which normally gives me a refreshing aura of positivity but this morning I still feel the same. I tend to agree Bucks' last couple of weeks at the selection table has been a little baffling. Maybe pressure cracks are appearing.

With the greatest respect, I could not disagree more.

Moore and White may have the same physical talent but mentally White just does not have what it takes to be resilient in times of adversity.

If we take last week's game as a direct comparison Moore outperformed White, and kicked accurately when under pressure to keep us in the game.

White has missed numerous chances to kick winning or game-changing goals but has not.

Cloke may miss game-changing goals but at least he:

• sometimes does kick game-changing goals ie from the boundary 55 m out;
  • relieve pressure by taking a pack mark.
For me, Moore has shown more than White has with less opportunity.

With the greatest respect... WOW!

I... WOW... I'm just speechless...

PS: How quickly we can dismiss and erase the good things White has done.

PSS: Just for the record...

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=4023&tid2=5&pid2=1793&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

With the greatest respect... WOW!

I... WOW... I'm just speechless...

PS: How quickly we can dismiss and erase the good things White has done.

Which good things?

White has played 16 games this season as a forward and has kicked 23 goals.

Moore has played 2 games this season as a forward (one game as a backman) and has kicked 5 goals.

White is a player at his peak and Moore is learning his craft. I'd expect a lot more from an established player than what is being delivered.

Personally I think it's a bit of a joke that Seedsman is getting the call up before Marsh and Shaz.

He got dropped due to a lack of form and hasn't exactly worked himself back into it in the magoos.
He showed some nice dash last week, although it was so cold I felt like taking a run up the wing myself. But you're right, his form has been underwhelming at VFL. Maybe because we're going particularly small in the forward line this week, more reliance will be placed on run and carry and not just kicking to a contest.

The Seed is most certainly running out of chances, and the turn of Shaz and Marsh can't be far away.

I like it. Smaller, more mobile, better kicking skills, faster ball movement. Should be fun to watch.

We have plenty of guys who can combine to kick a winning score - Elliott, Fas, Moore, Swan, Pendles, Crisp, Sidebottom, Varcoe, DeGoey, Grundy, Witts, Seedsman, Dwyer, Greenwood, Adams - collectively should be good for about 15 goals I reckon. Importantly, they all have good football brains, unlike some of the OUTS.

Grundy/Witts mightn't kick as many goals as White but both will make more contests, collisions and spillages for the small forwards to capitalise on.

I'm also excited to see us fielding our best set of midfielders for the year to date. The combo of Adams, Crisp, Greenwood & DeGoey gives it a much harder edge than in recent years, with Pendles, Sidey, Varcoe, Dwyer and Seedsman the smooth movers and good ball-users on the outside. (Plus Swan - in a category all to himself).

What's not to like! Its gonna be great! Go Pies!

We where Praised for that when we where playing well. We had tons of guys who can Kick Goals and teams did not know where they where Coming From.

Moore is the main target and kick a few but has plenty of others to help kick a Winning Score

Goldy is done and dusted i reckon. Should of offloaded him last year to SA when he had some trade value. Would of opened up a spot for Shaz or Marsh to develop

Which good things?

White has played 16 games this season as a forward and has kicked 23 goals.

Moore has played 2 games this season as a forward (one game as a backman) and has kicked 5 goals.

White is a player at his peak and Moore is learning his craft. I'd expect a lot more from an established player than what is being delivered.

The reason the Club has dropped him is because he should be delivering more simple as that!

I am not sure why that is so hard for people to understand.

Like I said earlier Elliot is a major upgrade on White in EVERY facet of play.

Says a lot about Jessica White;)

Lets see how Moore goes this weekend without White playing up forward as well.

Saying something like "Jessica White" is ridiculous - he hasn't actually been as made as what people are making him out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back