Spoken4

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle & Peel Thunder
Agree.. Are we too tall at the back now Dawsons back in?

My issue is Pav and Walters are our only key forwards at present, we've got no one else. Mayne doesn't count, he adds defensive forward pressure and does a variety of stuff on and off the ball but if he was a key forward he'd have been dropped games ago. Griffin can only make cameos as well.

Really worried about hitting between the big sticks at the moment
moment.

Mayne was our best forward against Carlton. Would have had 3 goals on the scoreboard against Richmond if he had kicked accurately.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Would much rather see Weller start. Sitting on the bench for 3 and a half quarters gaining nerves would be mind racking.

Let the kid start and show us what he's got
Weller start , d.pearce vest train gingerly.

Stuart88

Team Captain
May 10, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea
I reckon Mz will be the sub. Named last on the bench isn't usually a good sign (unless it is by jumper number or alphabetical which ours doesn't seem to be). Could also be MDB again though

freo for life

Senior List
Mar 22, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Going By the training reports i wouldn't be suprised to see D Pearce miss and one of the other youngsters play. Either way i reckon we will see them both play by the end of the year, probably the port game when we have top spot tied up and rest a few guys.

This joke got unfunny a long time ago.

Lots of people on this forum think we need young blood. It's obvious to all and sundry.

Ross'll give him 17 minutes.
I think alot of people would disagree. This has been stated as fact by way too many posters for too many weeks now, it is bullshit.

I'm guessing you were one of them, clearly hitting a nerve there.

What was become more tiresome for the greater majority (consult the poll) has been the constant doubting of the coach and the MC. I'm all for youth, when they are ready.

Go Weller :thumbsu:

Banker

Club Legend
May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mayne was our best forward against Carlton. Would have had 3 goals on the scoreboard against Richmond if he had kicked accurately.

And the latter explains why he is a spud.

Gifted goals against Carlton and still couldn't get his 5 goal haul.

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
image.jpg

Spoken4

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle & Peel Thunder
And the latter explains why he is a spud.

Gifted goals against Carlton and still couldn't get his 5 goal haul.

He ain't a spud. In 2013, he was one of only a few forwards ranked by Champion Data as "elite". He had a bad 2014 and has been building towards good form in 2015. When Pav went off in the Melbourne game, he stood up and kicked a bag full of goals. As mentioned previously, he was outstanding against Carlton (was not gifted goals) and was good against Richmond.

Banker

Club Legend
May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
He ain't a spud. In 2013, he was one of only a few forwards ranked by Champion Data as "elite". He had a bad 2014 and has been building towards good form in 2015. When Pav went off in the Melbourne game, he stood up and kicked a bag full of goals. As mentioned previously, he was outstanding against Carlton (was not gifted goals) and was good against Richmond.

And that 2013 year is looking like the biggest outlier ever, bit like Jack Anthony at the Pies.

"Outstanding" really? I have been patient with him for a season and a half and his 'improving form' isn't up to scratch.

The only reason he wasn't dropped this season because he has the experience.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agree.. Are we too tall at the back now Dawsons back in?

My issue is Pav and Walters are our only key forwards at present, we've got no one else. Mayne doesn't count, he adds defensive forward pressure and does a variety of stuff on and off the ball but if he was a key forward he'd have been dropped games ago. Griffin can only make cameos as well.

Really worried about hitting between the big sticks at the moment
moment.

McPharlin.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle

I don't think he's a spud and wasn't even alluding to that, just that he's not a key forward. He does a lot of great stuff on and off the ball and certainly has a forward presence but isn't structurally a key second tall.

That's the role Taberner provides and is a role that's been taken from us - which is why I stated in an earlier post that Pearce must definitely be getting a shot up forward.

manpurple

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don't expect to see any of McPharlin, Dawson or A Pearce in the forward line.

Recon that Ross prefers 3 tall defenders and can hand 2.5 tall forwards. Pav, Griff and Mayne.

So good to see Weller get a run.

Texicana

Debutant
May 19, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So is it going to be A Pearce fwd? As a test, or even just for some experience (always great experience tho give KPP's some experience at the other end of the ground). You have KPP's Taberner out and Dawson in. Have been very impressed with Alex Pearce in his first year - cool head and great decision making - potentially a great KPP (could take McP's role when he retires).

Going to be an interesting game, to see what freo do strategically with a few players - expect a few different player positions to what we normally get from freo - the pressure's on your players to lift heading into the finals and find that early season form. Once you get MJohnson back can see your midfield fire up again, they have been relied on too much recently for defense and rebound limiting there fwd ability a little as well as mid output.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
So is it going to be A Pearce fwd? As a test, or even just for some experience (always great experience tho give KPP's some experience at the other end of the ground). You have KPP's Taberner out and Dawson in. Have been very impressed with Alex Pearce in his first year - cool head and great decision making - potentially a great KPP (could take McP's role when he retires).

Going to be an interesting game, to see what freo do strategically with a few players - expect a few different player positions to what we normally get from freo - the pressure's on your players to lift heading into the finals and find that early season form. Once you get MJohnson back can see your midfield fire up again, they have been relied on too much recently for defense and rebound limiting there fwd ability a little as well as mid output.
Depending how we go, it'll be one of the few games we have left where we can experiment with positions.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle

I've seen him play forward for Peel. He's a heap better down back.

Back