Round 18: Hawthorn vs Richmond - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

G7X8
You should see my prediction earlier in the week.

Just got back from game. Very impressive win by Richmond. Completely stymied our ball movement out of the defensive 50, then when we did get it out, structured up in the forward line such that we looked completely inept in our own forward 50. Easy to say we played very badly, because that is what it looked like when watching at the ground, but I think it had more to do with Clarko being outcoached tonight than it did our guys having particularly bad games. Richmond looked extremely well drilled, and their players executed the coach's game plan perfectly. Basically never let us get into the game. Thought at one stage we were going to go goalless for 3 out of 4 quarters - nearly did in the end.

So disappointed given what was on the line. Exciting times for tigers, the rest of us can only hope they revert to past form come finals time.
We can still make top 2, but now rely on other results to fall our way, and to win a couple of tricky games over the next few weeks. Frankly, would be happy to remain top 4 now, thankfully we kept much of our percentage in tact, which may be vital to keep the second chance come the end of the year. Given our recent record against Freo, 4th spot if Freo keeps 1st isn't the end of the world. Nervous about WC, have no idea what to expect next week.

Oh, and Chamberlain should be sacked. Didn't impact the outcome, but so painful to watch. Zero consistency both ways, and a total peacock and camera whore.

Good game by the Tigers tonight - bought the pressure and it paid off.
They used the boundary a lot tonight - interesting game plan
Don't think we had many if any winners across any lines
Oh well que sera sera
Thought mark Stevens was out of line in his pressed but no doubt it will be clarko with the issue
Next week in Perth now becomes very important

Richmond to win by 36 points

Keeping the jinx alive (tipping the opposite team making Hawthorn win).

Might have been asleep for the past week but why are Richmond wearing a different guernsey ?

Oops well at least I am +1 in tipping thus far :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got back from game. Very impressive win by Richmond. Completely stymied our ball movement out of the defensive 50, then when we did get it out, structured up in the forward line such that we looked completely inept in our own forward 50. Easy to say we played very badly, because that is what it looked like when watching at the ground, but I think it had more to do with Clarko being outcoached tonight than it did our guys having particularly bad games. Richmond looked extremely well drilled, and their players executed the coach's game plan perfectly. Basically never let us get into the game. Thought at one stage we were going to go goalless for 3 out of 4 quarters - nearly did in the end.

So disappointed given what was on the line. Exciting times for tigers, the rest of us can only hope they revert to past form come finals time.
We can still make top 2, but now rely on other results to fall our way, and to win a couple of tricky games over the next few weeks. Frankly, would be happy to remain top 4 now, thankfully we kept much of our percentage in tact, which may be vital to keep the second chance come the end of the year. Given our recent record against Freo, 4th spot if Freo keeps 1st isn't the end of the world. Nervous about WC, have no idea what to expect next week.

Oh, and Chamberlain should be sacked. Didn't impact the outcome, but so painful to watch. Zero consistency both ways, and a total peacock and camera whore.
Yep agree that Clarko got outcoached tonight, and he very rarely has that happen.

Tried to fend off and failed. HTB every day of the week. Twice on Sundays

I can see how the tiger's fan would be unhappy with that free, but at the ground I thought it was fair. You go the fend off instead of trying to dispose, and that is your prior opportunity gone right there. Happy to see those paid as long as they are consistent.

A few people have called Frawley out for a supd after tonights game. He's certainly looked sub-par tonight, but the tigers made a lot of our players look poor. IMO he's been ok in a few games this year, and he has been brought back after several weeks off, with just half a game at box hill to get his touch back, and it looked like it wasn't enough. Keep in mind some of his poor decisions were made after coming back on the ground after a concussion test. Obviously passed the test, but you wonder if he was still a bit rattled. I certainly was, after witnessing Richmond's defence laying waste to our forward line :)

Last edited:
Hats off to the Tigers

Made us look 2nd rate... if they can sneak into 4th spot, anything is possible.

Although perhaps finishing 5th mightn't be so bad, avoid a trip to Perth in week 1 ... but yeah I think the double chance is still preferable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back