Autopsy Round 18: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ MCG - Changes for Adelaide

Vote for your top 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the game tonight and paying extra attention to Lambert - He is a smart footballer

How would carlton supporters be feeling now, This guy has been in their vfl team for 3 years and they didnt even bother rookie listing him but took Blain Boekhorst with a 1st rounder over Laverde

Blain Boekhorst V Kane Lambert :p
Lol lambo will only get better.. Solid pick up

So I spent the night at work, had my phone on aeroplane mode so I wouldn't see/hear any news on the game. I had no expectations at all. Thought we'd be valiant but be beaten comfortably, 6-7 goals.

Just stayed up till 3am watching the replay. Holy ******* s**t. I'm in awe right now. I'd love to comment on the game but I'm just stunned. In the best possible way.

So I guess I'll just say GO YOU ******* TIGERS!!!!!!

Watching the game tonight and paying extra attention to Lambert - He is a smart footballer

How would carlton supporters be feeling now, This guy has been in their vfl team for 3 years and they didnt even bother rookie listing him but took Blain Boekhorst with a 1st rounder over Laverde

Don't insult Lambert please. :p

So I spent the night at work, had my phone on aeroplane mode so I wouldn't see/hear any news on the game. I had no expectations at all. Thought we'd be valiant but be beaten comfortably, 6-7 goals.

Just stayed up till 3am watching the replay. Holy ******* s**t. I'm in awe right now. I'd love to comment on the game but I'm just stunned. In the best possible way.

Told you we'd win

19552719454_3b2887d8d7.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good team effort, great win. I think Dusty looks like he could do with a rest, just doesn't look like he's quite right at the moment. Maybe a rest after this week against the Crows. Also would like to see Vickery apply some defensive pressure, as he just drops out the back trying to pick up an easy kick. Then when his opponent gets the ball, there is no effort to chase. Taylor Hunt needs to practise tackling the hips & stick to basics, otherwise will become a liability in the finals.
Well done to Milesy absolutely fantastic game, also to Ivan, Rancey & Lids as well. Nice to see Lambert starting to have some impact, as well as McIntosh & Benny Lennon. Also the rest of the boys had good games.

Did exactly the same thing, very happy camper.

Brian Lake is melting ******* hard over that Tyrone free.

People claiming that wasn't a free are deluded. Tyrone had already been over the line and the ball had been killed. Lake ran straight past a teammate and pushed Vickery. Absolute dickhead move.

Arrogance of the Hawks fans on their board amazes me. Talk about a bunch of self entitled campaigners.

One basically said if they improved by 1% tonight they win by 5 goals. No word of a lie.

Arrogance of the Hawks fans on their board amazes me. Talk about a bunch of self entitled campaigners.
One basically said if they improved by 1% tonight they win by 5 goals. No word of a lie.
Hawthorn supporters have taken smugness to a new level, a la Carlton fans in the early 90s.

I really love the hardness and the physicality the boys are playing with. i love seeing cotch at the 1st bounce getting stuck into Mitchell the sniping pea heart. For to long we have been too soft and bullied! not any longer!

When is the last time we were in the top 4 :) go the tigs!!!

Fits in really nicely to our game plan. a definite to be elevated at the end of year. Lambert > Boekhorst

This is part of a quote from a Hawk fan posted earlier by The Dyer Legacy (thanks TDL, it's a gem)
"Richmond have a novil game plan - grab the ball and bore the other team to death until they let you have a goal."
He's in the Hawks brains trust

Geeze Grimey is a bit underrated in this thread. Absolutely dominated Breust. When is the last time someone held him to 1 kick and 0 scoring shots? Phenomenal effort. We wouldn't have won without Grimes tonight.
Two big scalps in 2 weeks Walters and Breust,
No changes unless Edwards is fit.

Next week is an even bigger game than this week as most will expect us to win.
A win against the Crows should see us cement 4th spot with Gold Coast the week after at the G. A loss and we could drop as low 7th
Winning 4 out of our last 5 games should see us finish 4th.
A qualifying final in Perth will be nice.

Wow... what a win!

The best thing about it is, this isn't a "where the f*** did that come from" kind of win... we all kind of knew we had this sort of performance in us.. but we also knew that Hawthorn are a boss side, in form and worthy of the utmost respect...and we delivered!!!

Start to believe gentlemen (and ladies), start to effing believe! :D:D:D

Anthony Miles, take a bow! I always had you down as a solid contributor rather than an out and out gun. Changed my mind to day, colossal performance.

I'm in the club who had doubts about Dimma after the early season losses... but I have nothing to offer other than apologies when I think of how far we've come since 2010.

We've Sheds, Griffiths and Cellis still to come back into the team plus Hampson had proved himself more than capable recently. Depth...It's a good problem to have. But really I can't see how we could be anything but unchanged for next week.

#happytiger #drunktiger

Back