AAMI Stadium v Subiaco- Which is worse?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at Subi in round 9 and have been there before a few years back.
It's s**t. Footy park is light years ahead in every sense.
Scary thing is Adelaide oval is light years ahead of Footy park.

I'd list all the things that makes Subi s**t but I'd just be wasting everyone's time.
New stadiums compared to places like Subi or the WACA are like being at the footy on Mars.

Perth wont know itself after they first walk into the new stadium.
I got a chub when I first went to the new Adelaide oval. It's almost like you don't care if your team loses as you're just so *in stoked to be there in the first place.

I was at Subi in round 9 and have been there before a few years back.
It's s**t. Footy park is light years ahead in every sense.
Scary thing is Adelaide oval is light years ahead of Footy park.

I'd list all the things that makes Subi s**t but I'd just be wasting everyone's time.
New stadiums compared to places like Subi or the WACA are like being at the footy on Mars.

Perth wont know itself after they first walk into the new stadium.
I got a chub when I first went to the new Adelaide oval. It's almost like you don't care if your team loses as you're just so ****in stoked to be there in the first place.

The WACA isn't good enough for suburban cricket

the place is a disgrace for a cricket loving city

The worst thing about the WACA is that the outfield and pitch are so good.

WACA tests deserve better than 15,000 people getting 3rd degree burns sitting in exposed concrete seating blocks.

its hard to believe we have such poor infrastructure given we are such a wealthy state. Fingers crossed they move to the new stadium and the surface is equal to the WACAs.

AAMI was a very good stadium, location on the other hand was terrible. It served its purpose very well but times change.

its hard to believe we have such poor infrastructure given we are such a wealthy state. Fingers crossed they move to the new stadium and the surface is equal to the WACAs.

Our infrastructure is actually pretty good, it's just our stadiums that are rubbish.
Compare Perth to Adelaide, where the roads are shite and the railways are just now being upgraded to 1990 standards.

Our infrastructure is actually pretty good, it's just our stadiums that are rubbish.
Compare Perth to Adelaide, where the roads are shite and the railways are just now being upgraded to 1990 standards.

please don't compare anything to Adelaide. The place is a basket case and should be bulldozed, turned into a national park and all records of its existence erased.

the only flaw in my plan is adelaidians would probably cross the border.

Can someone explain the location of AAMI Stadium. How far exactly from the CBD is it and also what do people mean you have to take a bus, why can't you drive, there seems to be parking in the picture of the stadium. But my main query is the location coz everyone seems to bash it. I live 2 mins drive from Waverley Park, yes that is 25mins down the freeway from the CBD, but it is no different then travelling to the CBD from most East/West/North Suburbs to get to the G. So anyone from Adelaide who knows Melbourne well, can you explain it to like it being here?

Cheers

Can someone explain the location of AAMI Stadium. How far exactly from the CBD is it and also what do people mean you have to take a bus, why can't you drive, there seems to be parking in the picture of the stadium. But my main query is the location coz everyone seems to bash it. I live 2 mins drive from Waverley Park, yes that is 25mins down the freeway from the CBD, but it is no different then travelling to the CBD from most East/West/North Suburbs to get to the G. So anyone from Adelaide who knows Melbourne well, can you explain it to like it being here?

Cheers
Football Park is approximately 12 kilometres from the GPO in a reasonably up market suburbs next to a major shopping centre. It's isolated in the sense the ocean is west of it nothing else if you are coming from the eastern suburbs it couldn't be further away. Your options travelling from the outer northern and southern suburbs are limited to football express buses or a train into the city and bus out.
There is nothing out at West Lakes other than the shopping centre your day or night is over once you've been to the football.
A decent game people will make an effort to get there but it it gets too hard you're not going to get people randomly deciding to go to the football because it's easy to get there and there's nothing else to do.

Football Park is approximately 12 kilometres from the GPO in a reasonably up market suburbs next to a major shopping centre. It's isolated in the sense the ocean is west of it nothing else if you are coming from the eastern suburbs it couldn't be further away. Your options travelling from the outer northern and southern suburbs are limited to football express buses or a train into the city and bus out.
There is nothing out at West Lakes other than the shopping centre your day or night is over once you've been to the football.
A decent game people will make an effort to get there but it it gets too hard you're not going to get people randomly deciding to go to the football because it's easy to get there and there's nothing else to do.

So you can't drive? Are roads only for buses in West Lakes? Crows used to pack it out every home game, guess though only having two teams in the State might do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you can't drive? Are roads only for buses in West Lakes? Crows used to pack it out every home game, guess though only having two teams in the State might do that.

Its a cold miserable place that no one wants to go to.

That was the problem, the traffic jams on west lakes boulevard were atrocious. Should just get the footy express. In a city where all roads by design lead to the cbd, it made no sense to have a footy ground in the middle of nowhere.
Should have built a train line out there when they were building the place. But no one thought of that, then they built houses in the way.

That was the problem, the traffic jams on west lakes boulevard were atrocious. Should just get the footy express. In a city where all roads by design lead to the cbd, it made no sense to have a footy ground in the middle of nowhere.

I went to about 10 games at AAMI. I went once on the footy express. It was slow, it stopped every 10 seconds, I had to wait about 20 minutes after the game to get on and it took about an hour and a half to get from the ground to where I was going (near Tea Tree Plaza). Never again. When I drove it took less than half an hour, I parked within a 5 minute walk and got back a lot quicker.

Buses suck.

AAMI Stadium was good. But once talk began of an upgraded AO or completely new Stadium in the city, people couldn't wait for AAMI to be replaced. It was in a stupid location with few public transport options (a tram line was proposed prior to the AO redevelopment but that was canned for obvious reasons). It also had few opportunities or room for increased capacity.

Never been to Subiaco.

AAMI Stadium was good. But once talk began of an upgraded AO or completely new Stadium in the city, people couldn't wait for AAMI to be replaced. It was in a stupid location with few public transport options (a tram line was proposed prior to the AO redevelopment but that was canned for obvious reasons). It also had few opportunities or room for increased capacity.

Never been to Subiaco.

subi was a good location

and feel it will prove to be a better location than burswood

I went to about 10 games at AAMI. I went once on the footy express. It was slow, it stopped every 10 seconds, I had to wait about 20 minutes after the game to get on and it took about an hour and a half to get from the ground to where I was going (near Tea Tree Plaza). Never again. When I drove it took less than half an hour, I parked within a 5 minute walk and got back a lot quicker.

Buses suck.

Yeah as I said in my previous post, public transport was useless to and from AAMI. They proposed a tram line from the city to West Lakes prior to the AO redevelopment but that was canned for obvious reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back