Game Day Round 18, 2015 - Geelong vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time Geelong-based Lions fans experienced a win down there?

Surely they're due for one. :eek:

Last edited:

Loved the games we played against the cats in 2013

A phenomenal comeback and iced off with a goal after the siren by a milestone man and a one point loss that kept us out of the finals.

Those were the days :rolleyes:

I think we will be playing to be competitive and show some fight.

Not sure the Lions management has their hearts set on anything much, other than: a competitive end to the season, a crack at pick one, a good trade period, an excellent draft, a string of successful operations and player recoveries, an exceptional preseason with a fully fit list, some quick, impressive development from our young players and a good draw when the fixtures are released.

In the grand scheme of all those things, an actual win against Geelong would probably not feature highly on the wish list.

But a competitive effort would be very much hoped for.

I'm getting some fillings done before the game which might actually be more enjoyable than watching the game.

I am expecting a better effort. I think we can keep the margin to 5-6 goals. Expecting a similar score line to the Geelong, GWS game.

Last edited:
Caught the last quarter of our game vs Geelong down there in 2013 on Fox Footy this morning. Was torture watching the last minute again. How they said ball up when Chapman dived on it for 2 secs is beyond me. Another 2 seconds and he was holding the ball right in front of goal.

Couple things stand out from just watching that last quarter compared to this year.

How much quicker we moved the ball. We actually went through the corridor just about every time in the last qtr. No chipping around.

Rich looked a lot slimmer. He has bulked up but with it has lost pace and he never had much to start with.

A huge percentage of our players that day are playing today as they should be only 2 years later and add Beams and Christensen who was playing for the Cats and it makes you think why can't we be competitive today. Cats for me are a lot weaker two years later.

Only major difference for me was we had McGrath Lisle and Green kicking goals that day. We actually kicked over 100 points there in 2013. Now we are struggling to kick 50!

Let the players off the leash Leppa and attack through the middle and play with six forwards. Give us a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a miserable day here in Melb.
Cold ,windy and maybe more rain during game. Expected temp during game will be about 10deg add wind chill factor off Corio bay make that 3deg
Welcome to Siberia guys!!!

Really hated these days when playing youth footy. Especially smothering ( I can still feel the pain in the fingers)

Heads up high boys! Take the game on!! Put in more effort than the Aussie cricket team!

We should be competitive with our midfield;

Martin, Leuenberger, Rockliff, Redden, Beams, Hanley, Zorko, Bundy and MRobbo vs
Blicavs, Walker, Selwood, Motlop, Kelly, Caddy, Bartel, Duncan and Guthrie.

I wonder who takes Stevie J. I don't think we have any backs smart enough to shut him down. Wouldn't mind playing Adcock on him.

Actually given we're focused on the future I think Dawson could go to Stevie J. If he isn't the sub. I'm guessing NRobbo will be the sub though.

Harris Andrews has been playing on the mid-forwards all season long.

He'll probably rotate onto him given we tend not to do hard match ups in our back six

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back