Autopsy Round 18: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ MCG - Changes for Adelaide

Vote for your top 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't consider Rioli especially turdlike.
This is a team with cheap-shot-champs like Lewis, Hodge and Mitchell in it after all.
Yeah i seen the the cheap shot Hodge gave Cotchin like he has been giving other players and nothing is said.

They won't get much credit but Ellis and McIntosh destroyed Smith and Hill like I have never seen before .
McIntoshs burst through the Middle where he kicked it to Maric 1 on 1 was special. More of that please.
Nice goal too.

I loved it when three Richmond defenders crash tackled Cyril. Really shook him up.
We bullied them all night. I think they were genuinely shocked at our pressure.

:) Go Tiges. I put that bet on at $6 , happy days. I lost $20 though on the 40+

Good on you I wanted to take the $6 but it seems when I back them they loose and i just wanted the win so I refused to back them

What a win. Miles is quickly turning into an "A" grader and I think Chaplin has been outstanding over the last few weeks. Our pressure is fantastic which was near non existing at the start of the year. For the first time in a long,long time I can put my hand on my heart and honestly say we can beat any side in the competition.

Go you bloody Tigers!!!!!!

I liken our team to Freo of the past few years (not this year) where we simply restrict teams to low scores.
I think it's a game plan and style we need to play and I'm happy to see it. However, to win a flag, I think we need to score more. It will sustain us for prelims, but I don't think we can win a flag.
Still, all it needs is some small amount of tinkering and it could come to fruition.
Said it a few weeks ago, 2018 GF will be Richmond vs Collingwood.
I think the start of the freo game shows we can flick the high scoring switch , although Edwards up and firing is important to that mode . All year we have been working on maintaining the tempo . The best bit is that when sides get the momentum we have players standing up to regain it . Players like miles lambert , Newman seem to thrive in doing it .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the start of the freo game shows we can flick the high scoring switch , although Edwards up and firing is important to that mode . All year we have been working on maintaining the tempo . The best bit is that when sides get the momentum we have players standing up to regain it . Players like miles lambert , Newman seem to thrive in doing it .
We've only done that once though. Need to do it more consistently and that will come.

How good was it to see us play unsociable footy last night? Not a backward step taken all night in fact and when the Hawks tried to flex a bit of muscle and throw their weight around we were the ones who went harder at it. Looking back on the game I'd say that we out Hawthorned Hawthorn in that we were harder at the contest, controlled the ball better and worked harder as a team to ensure each other had support and cover when caught out of position. I would dare say that last night was the night when it all finally clicked for us and we truly believed that we belong in the conversation for sides that could walk away with the cup at seasons end.

How good was it to see us play unsociable footy last night? Not a backward step taken all night in fact and when the Hawks tried to flex a bit of muscle and throw their weight around we were the ones who went harder at it. Looking back on the game I'd say that we out Hawthorned Hawthorn in that we were harder at the contest, controlled the ball better and worked harder as a team to ensure each other had support and cover when caught out of position. I would dare say that last night was the night when it all finally clicked for us and we truly believed that we belong in the conversation for sides that could walk away with the cup at seasons end.
They played like Tigers of old.
We used to be a pack of mongrels and everyone hated us.
I so want us to be that team again.

I don't consider Rioli especially turdlike.
This is a team with cheap-shot-champs like Lewis, Hodge and Mitchell in it after all.

Mitchell seems to have a permanent dopey look on his face.

So I spent the night at work, had my phone on aeroplane mode so I wouldn't see/hear any news on the game. I had no expectations at all. Thought we'd be valiant but be beaten comfortably, 6-7 goals.

Just stayed up till 3am watching the replay. Holy ******* s**t. I'm in awe right now. I'd love to comment on the game but I'm just stunned. In the best possible way.

So I guess I'll just say GO YOU ******* TIGERS!!!!!![/QU
Good team effort, great win. I think Dusty looks like he could do with a rest, just doesn't look like he's quite right at the moment. Maybe a rest after this week against the Crows. Also would like to see Vickery apply some defensive pressure, as he just drops out the back trying to pick up an easy kick. Then when his opponent gets the ball, there is no effort to chase. Taylor Hunt needs to practise tackling the hips & stick to basics, otherwise will become a liability in the finals.
Well done to Milesy absolutely fantastic game, also to Ivan, Rancey & Lids as well. Nice to see Lambert starting to have some impact, as well as McIntosh & Benny Lennon. Also the rest of the boys had good games.
LOL NO. We are gunning for top 4 , he won't and shouldn't get rested , we have a nice long break now too , and my sc team says no , and dusty was quite good too , he's getting more hard ball this year and is battling off blokes

I was all nerves in the first half. IN the third quarter it struck me that something's change with this side, I'd normally be worried about the hawks piling on 6 unanswered goals. IN the last qtr I was strangely relaxed, even when they got those 2 goals I was calm.

Wanted to get drunk last night but I have footy today so did the smart thing and didn't have a drink.

I'll make up for that with a few celebratory beers this evening.

Go crows!
What do I do when I have footy Saturday morning and work Sunday morning ? :(

Our defense is a formidable unit, to hold a quality team to 7 goals , a team that has had a 100p average winning margin in last month says plenty. It's the corner stone to our premiership tilt
Maric lead from the front was huge , our midfield were reLentless and sPecial mention to hunt , he s much better deep in a BP , doesn't look as lost as he does at times in open space. Played well

I said last week we need more players who stand up when things get tough, this week multiple players did. I think a lot of them took the attitude of "not on my watch!" and just gave it their all. Miles just willing the ball forward in the last quarter, was selwood like, Grimes great second effort on the half back line, Houlis goal and redemption in the second. All of Maric's great contested marks. Also great to see newman playing some good football! deserves some success.

Back