Stuff the Police - lazy bludgers, or our taxes at work

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the saltiest post I've seen in a while and to be quite frank with the way you choose to describe a team which stomped you (ie: you're still having a sook) when you're trying to convey a supposedly point across makes me doubt the credibility of the story.

Lou: There's a couple of guys fighting at the Aquarium Chief.
Chief Wiggum: Do they still sell those frozen bananas?
Lou: I think so.
Chief Wiggum: Lets roll.

Chief: "Hey! You can't dump here anymore"
Mafia: "Fine, we will take our yard trimmings somewhere else"
Lou: "Chief, I think those were bodies in those bags"
Chief: "I thought the same thing Lou until he said yard trimmings"

I'm conflicted between thinking this a Hawks supporter having a whinge and also if it's a more than fair complaint about some poor police work.

If the cops really did say 'let the drunks sort themselves out' then that is terrible.

If this was straight after the game then I wonder why if you went and fetched the police - which I think is a more than reasonable choice in a 1 v 4 situation - then why weren't other members of the crowd willing to step in. All it takes is a group of 3 other people to loudly interject with a 'leave that man alone' and the cowardly bullies will usually back off. More than likely then a big crowd will form and the bullies will have nowhere to go but to leave. The police may have been poor, but I'm disappointed if it was a busy crowd that weight of numbers didn't step in. Too many people restricted by fear and blinded by club loyalty I guess.

I think every time Richmond have somehow scrapped a win against Hawthorn in the past 5 years, there's been a thread about how our feral/thuggish (probably criminal) supporters threatened a completely civilised, respectable Hawthorn supporter minding their own business. Babies crying, women sobbing. Grog squad blah blah blah. All Richmond supporters are thugs. Hawthorn supporters (notwithstanding the Adam Goodes stuff) are a bunch of angelic, peace-loving Renaissance-men.

You lost. Get over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you have phrased what is clearly a genuine complaint in a way that made you seem less of a **** wit?
The amount of hate towards Richmond fans, Police, and the tax system, just highlights the mentality of the OP. Get over your self OP, we don't want to hear about your pathetic whinge, I'm sure gravy has been added to the story as well.

Re OP, I've seen that outside of the footy.

A few years back I was walking near Fed Sq, and some stupid drunk teens were going at each other. I went to the cops who were about 50m away, and exactly as you described it, just casually strolled along, didn't really care. They finally arrived at the scene of the fight, reluctantly doing their job.

Not an excuse - but that would be a s**t part of the job.

As an aside I think being casual about getting the scene is important. If you run up to the scene and immediately try to deescalate the situation then it will only serve to see tempers rise even more. You see this with paramedics. If you're CPR trained and assisting with someone the paramedic will let you keep going until they're good and ready to take over - they're as calm about it as you could be. I think being calm or casual (often mistaken for lazy) comes with the territory for these jobs.

If OP's account of events is correct then I agree the cops should have reacted more swiftly. But as the OP stated, the magistrates and courts that hand out the penalties that should be looked at, and it's common knowledge that even serious assaults that often leave the victim in hospital with severe lifelong injuries (often head/brain), and the person(s) that inflicted the damage are often let off the hook or just a slap on the wrist due to employing a clever, cunning, crafty lawyer.

It's the judicial system of this country that should be shamed on, not the police. They are just toothless tigers when it comes to the crunch, and the paperwork they have to collate is not just a couple of pages, it's often much much more, and when they finally get it all done after having all the boxes ticked off, the case is often thrown out or like I said the perpetrator(s) receive a very soft penalty that does not fit the crime.

So while it's easy to blame the police, perhaps the OP should place his blame higher up the chain, to those who create the laws of the land, so you should express your view to The Executive, The Judiciary, and/or The Legislature, if you want your tax paying dollars to go to good use.

Story would've had more weight without the constant references to Richmond ferals. Every single club has supporters like that.
but that destroys his narrative! We're all evil!

'I came out a bit late from the Hawks v Tigers game last night and as to be expected the usual herd drunken Tigers feral bogans were being a bit rowdy. +30 years of having nothing whatsoever to cheer about has left its mark on whatever passes for a mind in these people.'

See OP, that what makes you come across as a dick. You take a big brush, and you paint all Richmond supporters like that. You take our lack of success, and try your rub your big phallus all over it. I can't believe that a supporter base can have this much success and still have some fans who want to stick it to a team that beat them. Can't let it go.

Easier said in the cold light if day, but I wonder if asking the cop what his name & badge number is might prompt him to get off his backside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back