Preview Round 19: Changes v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I've loaded up my PlayStation and it's time to make some changes to the team. Gold passes HAVE TO STOP. Putting developing players as the sub HAS TO STOP. Letting our young guns dominate in the SANFL HAS TO STOP.

Out: Mackay, Wright, Henderson, Smith
In: Cheney, Kerridge, Grigg, CEY

Wright - Gold pass should have expired after round 2. Go get some form in the SANFL, and we'll bring in Kerridge as your replacement.

Mackay - Gold pass should have expired months ago. Back to the SANFL, you were costly today. Cheney in to our defensive zone to give us some composure and skill back there.

Henderson - Soft, unaccountable and shocking under pressure. We need Grigg in your place

Smith - Badly down on form and in need of a spell. Laser left boot has disappeared. Looked like we needed an extra inside midfielder today so I'm bringing in CEY in your place.

Van Berlo gets an extra run in the twos to prove his form isn't a one off

Smith won't drop out...... we wouldn't have any runners. If we did he'd be in serious trouble.

Could be a fun thread this one.

Smith won't drop out...... we wouldn't have any runners. If we did he'd be in serious trouble

I agree that he won't be dropped but his form has been shocking as of late. We've given him a lot of time to get himself right and it hasn't happened. Needs to be replaced at least in the short term, give him a spell to find form. Continuing to select him might just end up hurting his confidence.

Can't drop Brodie yet but another s**t game he'll be close.

Out: Henderson, Hartigan, Wright, Mackay
In: Cheney, Grigg, Kerridge and CEY

Richmond aren't tall down down forward and I think Talia, Lever and Cheney could match-up better without Hartigan spudding it up. The rest explain themself but Mackay and Wright won't get dropped since they're untouchable apparently.

I feel like going down to training with a megaphone and yelling to players that need a rocket.

Out - wright, Mackay, Henderson, knight, martin
In - CEY, crouch, kerridge, grigg, cheney

That's a good powerful way of turning around a s**t effort, all those ins would be massive.

But the outs help too, less spuds.

Here's my predicted changes. We have a clear formula to follow:
  1. Drop injured players
  2. Drop as many midfielders who have played less than 50 games as you like
  3. Optional: Drop defenders who have been exposed through a poor match-up
  4. Optional: Drop no more than one senior player after 15 consecutive weeks of poor performances
  5. Bring back any senior midfielders not currently in the team
  6. Optional: Bring back no more than one young midfielder with less than 50 games, and only if said player has been in the top 2 players in the SANFL
  7. Set the youngest inside midfielder as the sub
Out: Knight, Crouch, Lyons
In: Van Berlo, Martin, Grigg
Sub: Grigg

Hendo was OK.
However our list managers need a bullet with their drafting of Kerridge and to a lesser degree crouch. Painfully obvious for years we needed some pace and skill in the middle and we went for inside players hence Mackay gets game after game despite stinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please agree with me that Hartigan should not play next week. Unless Griffiths comes in and they play Vickery and Riewoldt, he shouldn't play IMO. He gave away 5 free kicks last week and in fairness Tals didn't play, but Hartigan was still destroyed. He was shithouse again today.

Talia to Riewoldt/Vickery whoever is in the goal square and Lever/Cheney to play on the other. I think it's better than playing Hartigan.

Can someone please agree with me that Hartigan should not play next week. Unless Griffiths comes in and they play Vickery and Riewoldt, he shouldn't play IMO. He gave away 5 free kicks last week and in fairness Tals didn't play, but Hartigan was still destroyed. He was shithouse again today.

Talia to Riewoldt/Vickery whoever is in the goal square and Lever/Cheney to play on the other. I think it's better than playing Hartigan.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I thought Hartigan was acceptable after moving to Tippett from the second quarter onwards.

Out: Mookay, Wright, Henderson, Lyons
In: we don't need to bring anyone in just dropping these guys will make us better

I thought Hartigan was acceptable after moving to Tippett from the second quarter onwards.
Meh, he's just not that good. So much improving to come in him. Match-up wise I don't think he should play. Unless Griffiths comes in like I said.

Why on earth was Lever on him at the beginning?

Sam Reid was the obvious third match up for him.

Kerridge in for Wright
Cheney in for Hartigan
Grigg in for Mackay

Crouch to start, Knight sub.

Want to find a spot for CEY but couldn't. McGovern close to getting a shot. Thought Hendo was pretty good and has been other than last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back