Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok fair call but they are only mathematically not out of finals but it would be amazing if they got in from here. Given the list they should have been able to cover for the injures and it's not the AFL you can spend your money how you want with no draft restrictions. Finally yes every coach needs to be given time but given at the start of the year was GF talk and now wont make the 5 questions should be asked, no?

Yes totally agree, there was no reason to rush in and sign Stevens and other options should have been explored in my opinion . Whilst the floggings by Golden Square,Eaglehawk and Sandhurst have been dreadful the losses against Gisborne and Castlemaine were more disappointing as they were winnable games. And as for blaming the Flats woes on the lack of Marquee games what a joke, can't believe that the Addy was told that and is totalling embarrassing from my point of view.

Ok fair call but they are only mathematically not out of finals but it would be amazing if they got in from here. Given the list they should have been able to cover for the injures and it's not the AFL you can spend your money how you want with no draft restrictions. Finally yes every coach needs to be given time but given at the start of the year was GF talk and now wont make the 5 questions should be asked, no?
Cosmo,
GF talk at start of year ???? where did you hear that as it was not certainly from the Flat

Not sure about under performing Cosmo. The simple fact is that in the 4 years prior to Jugga's appointment as coach, the club won 17 games across those seasons (2010, 11, 12 & 13). In not even two full seasons, the club has won 14 games and are not yet out of finals contention. I think everyone expects instant results when new coaches come on-board but we all realistically know that it's just not that simple. You only have to look at AFL lists and how long it takes to build them when a new coach takes over and for success to come. And it's not just about the list, it's about changing the culture too and that also takes time. From an outsiders view looking in, I think injuries have absolutely crippled them this year and it means continuity is a real problem trying to get the best 22 out there each week. As a Kangaroo Flat supporter, I have faith in Jugga and his coaching panel and believe that if they don't make it this year, then look out for them next year.
Welcome to big footy jugga, are these excuses what u tell the KF board, jugga is quoted in saying that it takes 3 years to build a list,

Welcome to big footy jugga, are these excuses what u tell the KF board, jugga is quoted in saying that it takes 3 years to build a list,
Sorry to disappoint you Trent, but I'm not Jugga. I don't have as many grey hairs as him and I've probably got him covered in the height department. No one is making excuses, I'm certainly not. I haven't seen every game due to work commitments, so I can't tell you how they've gone, but of the ones I have seen there has been some disappointing efforts and no one around the place has shied away from that. Probably the Eaglehawk game the first time around was the toughest. I still think they'll be better next year.

Sorry to disappoint you Trent, but I'm not Jugga. I don't have as many grey hairs as him and I've probably got him covered in the height department. No one is making excuses, I'm certainly not. I haven't seen every game due to work commitments, so I can't tell you how they've gone, but of the ones I have seen there has been some disappointing efforts and no one around the place has shied away from that. Probably the Eaglehawk game the first time around was the toughest. I still think they'll be better next year.
Been saying flat will be better next year for the last 6 or 7 years and they are still absolutely hopeless! No one ever learns

One good thing has come out of today's loss,last week I thought the decision to reappoint Stevens was 100% wrong now I am convinced it was 200% wrong,what a disaster for Kangaroo Flat today.

One good thing has come out of today's loss,last week I thought the decision to reappoint Stevens was 100% wrong now I am convinced it was 200% wrong,what a disaster for Kangaroo Flat today.
Not the only disaster today. Can't remember the last 240 odd point hiding in this comp.

Yes just checked out the score, not good

Mary's have struggled all year so was bound to happen at some point! Very sad to see!!

The Flat story is bigger, reappoint your coach, have 22 on the track a Thurs night, get flogged by South...

All is not well down at Dower Park

Is there a chance the appointment will be over turned Roota do you think?

Squares 40 goal haul against Maryborough is a real concern for them and the league id think the appointment of the new Coach and a competitive budget to work with will be super important. Hopefully they can get it together.

Castlemaine were competitive yesterday and South Bendigo would have surprised a few ( I thought they could go without a win) so good to see some sides towards the bottom making some progress.

Is there a chance the appointment will be over turned Roota do you think?

Squares 40 goal haul against Maryborough is a real concern for them and the league id think the appointment of the new Coach and a competitive budget to work with will be super important. Hopefully they can get it together.

Castlemaine were competitive yesterday and South Bendigo would have surprised a few ( I thought they could go without a win) so good to see some sides towards the bottom making some progress.

I wouldn't even pretend to know but now the decision has been made and made public I think you should stick with it.

I wouldn't even pretend to know but now the decision has been made and made public I think you should stick with it.

Footy clubs and people are all about challenges. Is there someone better to take over? Has the committee got the approval of the supporters internally to reappoint? Will players stay or go? Can the current group challenge all sides and play finals?
If you cant answer the above you need to re look at the decision. Commitment to early re-signing of coach is great of the results justify the decision and the players support the coach. By way of results not sure the coach has full support of game plan and players. Committee may be different but do you want a successful senior team or the best run club that doesn't win a game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting article, think it asks more questions than it answers....

1. Our coach isn't the best man for the job and there is better coaches in our league (reading between the lines) "it wouldn’t matter if you had Darryl Wilson (Strathfieldsaye premiership coach) coaching the side"
2. If the rumous are right then they will need to "begin recruiting early" as they are about to have a mass exodus I've heard up to 15 players on the senior list (doubt may (if any of them) of them would get the same coin given the form of the team)
3. To not look internally blame injuries and players (although clearly not playing for him at the moment) is short sighted - Every team has injuries and although I agree that some have more depth, I'm sure Maine, South and Ky (Ky may have more at the top end but K'Flat are better at the bottom end) would give anything for that list, on paper it was a top five list no doubt.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/3266805/roos-hold-firm/?cs=2854

Very interesting article, think it asks more questions than it answers....

1. Our coach isn't the best man for the job and there is better coaches in our league (reading between the lines) "it wouldn’t matter if you had Darryl Wilson (Strathfieldsaye premiership coach) coaching the side"
2. If the rumous are right then they will need to "begin recruiting early" as they are about to have a mass exodus I've heard up to 15 players on the senior list (doubt may (if any of them) of them would get the same coin given the form of the team)
3. To not look internally blame injuries and players (although clearly not playing for him at the moment) is short sighted - Every team has injuries and although I agree that some have more depth, I'm sure Maine, South and Ky (Ky may have more at the top end but K'Flat are better at the bottom end) would give anything for that list, on paper it was a top five list no doubt.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/3266805/roos-hold-firm/?cs=2854

The article also talks about having a better football department. Doesn't the coach choose his assistants and people involved in game day and practice and in some cases a chairman of selectors? Is this acknowledgement the people he has in these positions coaching with him aren't up to it?
Surely he isn't having a dig at the trainers and water bbbbboys, as isn't much left after that in the football department.
Would want to land some big names early as recruits as this article will bite them around Feb 2016 if isn't done and dusted by then for both coach and club.
Stability is great to have at a club and I don't discount that but blame game doesn't cut it for me.

The article also talks about having a better football department. Doesn't the coach choose his assistants and people involved in game day and practice and in some cases a chairman of selectors? Is this acknowledgement the people he has in these positions coaching with him aren't up to it?
Surely he isn't having a dig at the trainers and water bbbbboys, as isn't much left after that in the football department.
Would want to land some big names early as recruits as this article will bite them around Feb 2016 if isn't done and dusted by then for both coach and club.
Stability is great to have at a club and I don't discount that but blame game doesn't cut it for me.

When this comes out in the paper, it must mean the jugga is on thin ice, if flat don't have the feelers out looking I'd be surprised after the last few results. Jugga has been a good junior coach not sure if he cuts the mustard to be a bfl coach, happy to be disproven wrong, but didn't have great results at white hills, could be the terry Wallace of the bfl good at talking to media with a lack of results to back up the talk and quick to point blame at injuries, players flat, take responsibility jugga you are the senior coach

When this comes out in the paper, it must mean the jugga is on thin ice, if flat don't have the feelers out looking I'd be surprised after the last few results. Jugga has been a good junior coach not sure if he cuts the mustard to be a bfl coach, happy to be disproven wrong, but didn't have great results at white hills, could be the terry Wallace of the bfl good at talking to media with a lack of results to back up the talk and quick to point blame at injuries, players flat, take responsibility jugga you are the senior coach[/QUOTE

Much to many peoples surprise he seems to have support at the top end of the Club and a handful of key players. But I expect a swag of players to leave over summer. I hope I am wrong but 2016 is shaping up as a disaster imho.

Much to many peoples surprise he seems to have support at the top end of the Club and a handful of key players. But I expect a swag of players to leave over summer. I hope I am wrong but 2016 is shaping up as a disaster imho.

I didn't think it was a good sign with a few leaving over last summer Lougoon, Clohesy's, Frost etc gave an indication that they didn't think they were going to be a contender. I'd say he has asked the Club to run the article to try and get some support and pressure off him. What players would be likely to leave Hilux? Stevens does seem to round up new faces every year so might be able to do the same again.

I didn't think it was a good sign with a few leaving over last summer Lougoon, Clohesy's, Frost etc gave an indication that they didn't think they were going to be a contender. I'd say he has asked the Club to run the article to try and get some support and pressure off him. What players would be likely to leave Hilux? Stevens does seem to round up new faces every year so might be able to do the same again.

Has completely lost the playing group, will be a huge turnover. Jugga blaming everyone else except facing reality, doesn't listen to his own help, would prefer to go and put a bull$hit article in the paper. Was told others in the football department haven't been on talking terms with him for over a month. HDFL & LVFL clubs will do well out of it.

The faces rounded up this year have been less than impressive, other than Riley Barack most of the others would battle to get a game in Strath or Sandhursts reserve sides and some are on a fair dollar.

Seems to be more interested in writing his own articles for the advertiser every second day, making the goats job a whole lot easier. Seemed to be the same at white hills. From all the talk around town its a mirror image of his time in the Heathcote League.

Go you beautiful duds from Kangaroo Flat. A wonderful win against Kyneton today. Jugga remains coach until at least end of 2015."NOT"
Wait until the new committee takes over!
Newbridge perhaps will get some players next season,even a few from Jugga's classic under 18 team from a few years back, PLUS Jugga of course. Can all this overrated lot of miss fits lift Newbridge back up to the top?

Go you beautiful duds from Kangaroo Flat. A wonderful win against Kyneton today. Jugga remains coach until at least end of 2015."NOT"
Wait until the new committee takes over!
Newbridge perhaps will get some players next season,even a few from Jugga's classic under 18 team from a few years back, PLUS Jugga of course. Can all this overrated lot of miss fits lift Newbridge back up to the top?

Drink much while watching the game?

Here we go again..................
Flat coach Jason Stevens said considering the club’s extensive injury list the win was a tonic for the green and white brigade.

“We’ve used nine senior debutants including two for this match, and 40 players overall, so it was a huge win for our club.”
Funny how you never hear Golden Square,Stath nor Eaglehawk whinging about their "extensive' injury lists. For a so called senior coach,Jugga should know by now that injuries are part of the game. Maybe his list isn't up to scratch!

Mary's have struggled all year so was bound to happen at some point! Very sad to see!!

The Flat story is bigger, reappoint your coach, have 22 on the track a Thurs night, get flogged by South...
If adcock is not picked up by another club, what chance would he be to coach his former home club, now that would be a massive boost for maryborough

Back