What's wrong with celebrating a draw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Looney

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
There is nothing more vomit inducing than watching players feign confusion and disappointment when there is a drawn game. It's almost like all players were instructed to behave that way when there is a draw to avoid ridicule. But I think there are some circumstances where it's perfectly fine to celebrate a draw. The Suns tonight should've been given a free pass to celebrate after snatching a draw from the jaws of defeat.

I've only ever seen 1 draw live. It was when we gave up 30 odd points to Freo a few years ago at the SCG. It was the weirdest end to a game I've ever seen - Everyone just started filing out of the ground in silence.

If I was a Freo fan and had watched my team come back like that I'd be over the moon.

Pretenders , you guys may pinch wins from the crows or saints but apart from that can't see you winning again this year. And yes I'm aware the pies are absolute garbage.

I've only ever seen 1 draw live. It was when we gave up 30 odd points to Freo a few years ago at the SCG. It was the weirdest end to a game I've ever seen - Everyone just started filing out of the ground in silence.

If I was a Freo fan and had watched my team come back like that I'd be over the moon.

We would have won if we'd punched the ball through for a behind, weren't happy at all.

Different story today though :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a bit like tongue kissing your sister

:(
wat-know-your-meme.jpg

There is nothing more vomit inducing than watching players feign confusion and disappointment when there is a drawn game. It's almost like all players were instructed to behave that way when there is a draw to avoid ridicule. But I think there are some circumstances where it's perfectly fine to celebrate a draw. The Suns tonight should've been given a free pass to celebrate after snatching a draw from the jaws of defeat.
Because the goal on the day is to win. Why celebrate failure?

Don't know why West Coast didn't celebrate.

Now they are 1.5 wins clear of Hawthorn and are closing in on a home QF along with their derby partner.
Because a win would've put them on top of the ladder. They're basically as far away from Freo as they would be if they had of lost, because they have a better % than Freo.

play extra time, afl is in limbo

Gee if they did that West Coast would have been really unhappy with that. Considering where they are on the ladder I'd imagine that'd be the last thing they would want. Surely they'd take the loss rather than exhaust their players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back