Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly I'm a noob.

Secondly - can anyone tell me whether I shold buy and X-Box or Play Station and the benefits each has over the other.

I've talked the missus into it as something more for the kids, they are both minecraft legends but I reckon I'll get back into Call of Duty style shoot em ups.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Firstly I'm a noob.

Secondly - can anyone tell me whether I shold buy and X-Box or Play Station and the benefits each has over the other.

I've talked the missus into it as something more for the kids, they are both minecraft legends but I reckon I'll get back into Call of Duty style shoot em ups.

They're essentially almost identical, only minor differences hardware wise.

All of my friends I play online with play PS4 so that's why I chose it. Both brands have a subscription fee to play online games now (around $70 a year), with PS4 you get free games every month, most of them are indie games but occassionally they put up a full fledged game like Injustice or Driveclub (I don't have an xbox one so I'm not sure if they do this as well).

It's mainly down to personal preference, both consoles have their exclusive games like:
PS4 - Driveclub, Uncharted, The last of us
Xbox - Forza, Gears of war, Fable, Halo

What console do your kids friends play? I think that's probably a good way to choose between them, if you don't have a preference.

I'm not sure but they're only young (9yo) so I've been keeping them offline for as long as i can. I don't want to introduce them to this side of things just yet but I'm sure it won't be long.

I used to play the older COD a few years ago on the PC and just join local servos and will probably go along a similar route.

Firstly I'm a noob.

It depends who you ask really, if you like COD they are now in bed with Sony(earlier access to dlc and potentially more).

I have owned both, they're both good, graphically I don't see much difference, but PS4 is selling considerably more consoles and more software, which means more local players, more available games which should mean less laggy lobbies.

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2015/Global/

Firstly I'm a noob.

Definitely take into account what shizzle and morelli89 said.

A few other things: Xbox One will have backwards compatibility come some point with the 360 which will of course allow you to pick up some of the old classics assuming you don't have one (or just give you the ease of use and space). The PS4 will be going with a shithouse streaming system for old titles that will be a) completely ****ed in Australia and b) completely terrible everywhere else anyway. Both have subscription based online services these days, although with PlayStation you get free games every month, I'm not sure if Microsoft have implemented this yet. Some of these games are for PS3/PsVita but most are for the PS4.

If you're getting it for your kids I'd almost say just ask them what they think is cooler, although they'll be happy anyway. The consoles are literally that comparable that it's pretty much irrelevant unless you want to play some of the more obscure Japanese titles that don't get ported to PC/Xbox.

Finally, split screen co-op and the like is dead. Only Indie games tend to actually cater to this market... and the Wii U. So if you envisage your kids sitting at home on the couch playing games together like you may have done in the past, you'll want to go with a Wii U. Also Splatoon is a good FPS option for them whenever you introduce the interwebs (G or PG rated, critically acclaimed blah blah blah) and is Wii-U exclusive.

Firstly I'm a noob.

If it's just for the kids, go for the Wii U although which has some great kid titles (and for adults too) but Nintendo are already developing their next system so support for the Wii U wouldn't be as long as the other 2.

There really isn't much difference between PS4 and Xbox1 and my recommendation is go with whatever your friends are using. Obviously, if it's for the kids, that may be out of the question so you'd then want to look at Xbox1 because it can play Xbox 360 games (sometime in the future) and because it is more than just a pure gaming system than PS4.

I don't know what they are as I have a PS4 but this is a quick google search

• Never miss a moment: get multiplayer alerts while you watch TV, and keep on watching TV while you play
  • Switch instantly from a game to TV to music to an app and back
  • Do two things at once: snap an app next to a game, so you never have to stop playing
  • Skype on your TV in 1080p HD and make group video calls with up to 3 other people4
  • A personalized Home screen for each person in your family, available wherever you sign in
These are all for Xbox One.

The next thing to look at are the exclusives. But if it's just for the kids, I don't think they'll matter too much. You can easily google search what the planned exclusives are.

And if it's about Call of Duty, once again, doesn't really matter, as both systems will get them eventually but CoD are partnering up with Sony for the next game. This could possibly mean getting DLC a month early.

If it's just for the kids, go for the Wii U although which has some great kid titles (and for adults too) but Nintendo are already developing their next system so support for the Wii U wouldn't be as long as the other 2.

There really isn't much difference between PS4 and Xbox1 and my recommendation is go with whatever your friends are using. Obviously, if it's for the kids, that may be out of the question so you'd then want to look at Xbox1 because it can play Xbox 360 games (sometime in the future) and because it is more than just a pure gaming system than PS4.

I don't know what they are as I have a PS4 but this is a quick google search

• Never miss a moment: get multiplayer alerts while you watch TV, and keep on watching TV while you play
  • Switch instantly from a game to TV to music to an app and back
  • Do two things at once: snap an app next to a game, so you never have to stop playing
  • Skype on your TV in 1080p HD and make group video calls with up to 3 other people4
  • A personalized Home screen for each person in your family, available wherever you sign in
These are all for Xbox One.

The next thing to look at are the exclusives. But if it's just for the kids, I don't think they'll matter too much. You can easily google search what the planned exclusives are.

And if it's about Call of Duty, once again, doesn't really matter, as both systems will get them eventually but CoD are partnering up with Sony for the next game. This could possibly mean getting DLC a month early.

Pretty sure it means console exclusivity for the next game. Might be on a one year lease or some such but that's the lifetime of a COD title anyway.

https://www.zerolatencyvr.com/

Imagine a game that doesn’t feel like a game. Where your body is the controller. And your mind believes it’s real. The digital and real world meshed seamlessly together, to transport you inside the virtual like never before. When you move, the game moves with you. Pure immersive mayhem with the freedom to get up and go.

Wrap your eyeballs around that - in North Melbourne to boot!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to play WoW a very long time ago but not anymore, i occasionally play a bit of Runescape these days.

Other than that just some ps3 really, oh and nintendo DS
I've played WoW on and off for about 10 years, but haven't played for around 6 months now and I don't have an itching to go back anymore. I much prefer console games now where you don't have to play 6 hours a day to get anywhere in the game lol

Never got into games much except for Doom, I played the Simpsons version.:p

15ge93d.png

EDIT: Got to the end too without using the cheats.
Mind you I hit pause a lot & save!:D

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back