Delisted 41. Levi Casboult

GoBlues13

Debutant
Aug 12, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ford (Frosty)
Nice double cobra from last round Levi, you really gave it your all (like you've done most of the year). Proud of you for standing out by taking great marks and kicking numerous amounts of goals. Carlton should be proud to have a team of guns, including you!

I think that next year we might have to either plonk him permanently into the forward line and go with a dual ruck system using Wood and Kreuzer or he will never really achieve what he is capable of as a KPP... he will always be considered a second ruck/forward.

That being said, I think that Sav needs to be retained permanently as our forwards coach. He has done wonders this year with Casboult.

Navara79

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
It's no good being a good mark of the ball if you can't kick it properly. I've always liked the big fella but it's got to the point where he has to be traded/delisted. We don't gain anything from having him in the team. The kicking style that Rocca taught him is nowhere to be seen.

Why did Rocca leave? And why did the technique he taught him go straight out the window as soon as he left?

Saw Rocca in a box tonight. Was he watching Levi?

Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
we've heard stories of cripps hiring a running coach of his own volition. if rocca has left (i have no idea) what is levi doing about his goal-kicking? sweet nothing by the looks of it. if rocca hasn't left... what the hell is going on?
looks for all the world like we got used to fev kicking them out his arse so thought this was a skill we shouldn't have to think about. levi is just a symptom of a wider goal-kicking accuracy problem that has plagued the side for years, going on half a decade at least.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm going to say Levi isn't strong enough in the head to kick goals. I'd like to se him take some responsibility and say to himself "Right! I'm an important player in this team and what I do makes a difference. I don't know why I kick s hit. But from now on, it's does not matter how it happens. I'm committed to banging them through, and they're just going to go in"

It's not to say he'll kick with 100% accuracy. But I think he needs a frame of mind that takes charge of the situation. A positive, authoritative one.

Bar one, Fev is the best set shot I've ever seen.

Dunstall & Plugger inclusive.
I still reckon that we get Whitnall or Hamill down to the club to help Cas with his kicking. Fev is going to want 10k/week to be his teacher I reckon.

Navara79

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I still reckon that we get Whitnall or Hamill down to the club to help Cas with his kicking. Fev is going to want 10k/week to be his teacher I reckon.
If Sav Rocca can't fix his problem. No one can. His kicking improved under Savs but has now gone back to his old habits now that Sav is gone. He doesn't want to learn. Needs to be dropped... For a long time

If Sav Rocca can't fix his problem. No one can. His kicking improved under Savs but has now gone back to his old habits now that Sav is gone. He doesn't want to learn. Needs to be dropped... For a long time
Honestly, I think that he needs to go and spend some time in the VFL as well. However, we need to get a kicking coach in to help him and try hypnotism and see if that can help him.

All the times I have watched him, he seems to flinch or lock up slightly when he goes to drop the ball and by the time he gets into his action, he ends up dropping the ball from too high up. The flex outwards of his fingers doesn't help his ball drop much either.

Back