2nds Swans Reserves 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Just realised I missed Zak Jones in that report. He played mostly in the midfield and was his usual energetic self. What really sticks out about his game is the effectiveness of his tackles. He almost takes it as an affront that a player tries to evade or wriggle their way out of his tackle attempts, and in response he will make sure he sticks the tackles and creates a stoppage or a spillage.
I know the Swans reserves won easily, but only two tackles for Zac?

It was a difficult game to watch. It's almost like watching a suburban reserves game such is the difference in standard from the top to the bottom.

Jones, Newman, Robinson, Hewett were so much better than the Swans bottom 6 and the game was over pretty much by quarter time. It would be terribly difficult to maintain intensity in those circumstances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are only 2 options with Naismith at the end of the year: delisted, or upgraded to the senior list. He cannot be a rookie again.

Has he done enough this year for an upgrade?

There are only 2 options with Naismith at the end of the year: delisted, or upgraded to the senior list. He cannot be a rookie again.

No would be my guess

What do you think though?

considering our trade restrictions, and our picks being tied up with Mills and perhaps Dunkley, I can see Naismith upgraded ala X, and Marsh gonski.

I've heard recently from a second hand source that Taubert is very impressed by Naismith so I have no doubt he will be upgraded. Apparently he was very close to unseating Pyke from the number 1 ruck spot at the beginning of the year.

Naismith highly regarded inside the club, injuries the only thing keeping him out, just needs a good run. He is our No.1 ruckman going forward if he gets right. Will be upgraded, probably on a low dollar contract until he comes good.

We have plenty of spots on the main list, only running 38 this year, 40 is the max allowed. We run 6 rookies, most teams run 4, total list size allowed is 44 plus Cat B rookies.

I spoke to the ruck whisperer pre game in Brisbane so can confirm he sees a big future for Naismith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back