Preview R18 St Kilda v Port @ Adelaide Oval - Sunday 1:10 (Foxtel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at the key matchups in our forward and backlines:

Clurey-Membrey
Hombsch-Hickey
Trengove-Bruce
O'Shea-McCartin

Ryder/Lobbe-Goddard
Schulz-Fisher
Westhoff-Dempster
Wingard-Geary

Is that how you guys think the matchups will go?

Hombsch is our best defender. He will go to Bruce.
Clurey would be looking at having the job on McCartin
O'Shea will probably help on Membrey when needed, otherwise Trengove will take Membrey or play on the tallest forward and try to play off him. i.e. Hickey/Longer.

O'Shea will probably help on Membrey when needed, otherwise Trengove will take Membrey or play on the tallest forward and try to play off him. i.e. Hickey/Longer.
Hombsch is a gun, surly would be leading your bnf

Saints need a Pub/Social Club to watch interstate games at.
Yrs ago i used to love going to Moorabbin or even to Flaming Moe's ( which was owned by Stewie Loewe) to watch interstate Saints games.
For us tight arses out there who dont have Fox Footy its a pain in the arse.
Out where i live Saints supporters are like front teeth in the Collingwood Cheer squad ( rare:p) so its not exactly a Saints fest going to a local pub to watch the footy.
would love a Social club at the newly renovated training facility.
Have been thinkin the same with the Moorabbin overhaul, be interesting to see if it happens!!!

Fair enough. Should be some good matchups

Hope Hickey, Bruce, McCartin and Membrey can work.

I definitely think Roo, Bruce, McCartin one of Hickey/Members can

Had a look at the boys at a light run at AO. A few observations, having not seen them live in a training environment before.

- Weller looks like our most professional trainer, looks very dedicated

- have been harsh on Dunstan at times this season, watching him at training, he looks like one of our best players - a smooth mover, every kick was perfect (obv training conditions), will have to re-assess my assessment of his second year

- Paddy Mac looks about 1cm or so shorter than Bruce. That makes him 195cm by my eye. Still possibly growing as well

- McKenzie was training with the mids, lots of third man up

- Armo didn't do much & Ross trained...

I can't understand how anyone can be disappointed by Dunstan. Still yet to play a game of seconds if I'm correct, has played everyone of his games through the middle while most kids do apprenticeships on a flank or a pocket. Hard as nails with good skills. Let's not forget it's only his second year, how many guys from that draft are out performing him? There wouldn't be too many I don't think.

I can't understand how anyone can be disappointed by Dunstan. Still yet to play a game of seconds if I'm correct, has played everyone of his games through the middle while most kids do apprenticeships on a flank or a pocket. Hard as nails with good skills. Let's not forget it's only his second year, how many guys from that draft are out performing him? There wouldn't be too many I don't think.
Because for some reason all kids need to burst out of the blocks and dominate otherwise they're struggling

Had a look at the boys at a light run at AO. A few observations, having not seen them live in a training environment before.

- have been harsh on Dunstan at times this season, watching him at training, he looks like one of our best players - a smooth mover, every kick was perfect (obv training conditions), will have to re-assess my assessment of his second year

- Paddy Mac looks about 1cm or so shorter than Bruce. That makes him 195cm by my eye. Still possibly growing as well

i reckon you are onto something, i think paddy is still growing too

I reckon Dunstan will have a big one tomorrow. Reminds me of Ball. Going to be cold and wet, and Dunstan will crack in.

Paddy is definitely at the Barrels magic mark...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's shorter than Goddard isn't he? Goddard must be huge. Was also surprised how much taller Nick Maxwell was than paddy post match the other day.

Goddard is a beast of a man. I heard Richo describe him as being Travis Cloke size.

Not sure about Maxwell. He was listed at 193cm during his player days. The listings are more often than not incorrect and represent their height when they were 18 yo recruits to the club.

Having seen Paddy next to Roo, to the eye Roo looks 1-2cms taller. Roo is listed at 193 but he's clearly taller than that. He's clearly 1-2cms taller than his cousin, who's listed at 195cm. I'd say Nick is closer to 196-7cms, which would mean Paddy is about Jack's height at 194-5cm or so. Paddy will continue to grow and end up anywhere between 196-8 IMO. And like Roo, he's got long tentacle arms and takes the ball at the highest point.

Everybody says Roo is bigger than his listed 193cm but he's not. If you ever see him standing with Acres or Markworth he's not much taller.
Paddy definitely looks taller than his 193.7cm combine measurement. And Hugh Goddard is a monster, at least 197cm and has the most ridiculous frame for an 18yo I've seen. He's so wide through the shoulders, back and chest. You can just tell he's going to be an absolute monster in 5 years time.

Everybody says Roo is bigger than his listed 193cm but he's not. If you ever see him standing with Acres or Markworth he's not much taller.
Paddy definitely looks taller than his 193.7cm combine measurement. And Hugh Goddard is a monster, at least 197cm and has the most ridiculous frame for an 18yo I've seen. He's so wide through the shoulders, back and chest. You can just tell he's going to be an absolute monster in 5 years time.

So Paddy is bigger than Riewoldt?

From pre season, pretty much same height. I'd say Paddy may have gotten a touch taller since. View attachment 158422
I actually got a hold of the original picture of the two boys before our media department photo shopped it
cutest_llama_named_tina_by_kfame24.jpg
article-2517571-19CE030B00000578-603_306x488.jpg

I agrer that Hughy has grown, but not so sure about Paddy and to be honest I'm not sure if it's a good thing for him to grow too much. I want him to retain his deceptive burst of speed, it's what makes him such a freak on the lead and his biggest asset.

I'll be at the game.
Anyone give us a chance?

Port are playing far from brilliant football, but if they play anwhere near their potential they should comfortably get over us. I think we're definitely a chance though, stop their run and play pressure footy that got us the win against the Dogs and the thrashing of Essendon and we'll go close.

Just excited to watch a tall forward line made up of McCartin, Bruce and Membrey with Sinclair and Eli at their feet - shame Billings and Lonie won't be out there.

Today we'll have 4/5 first picks from last years draft - McCartin, Goddard, McKenzie and Sinclair. Only missing Lonie, Saad and Payne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back