Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey guys sorry to intrude, but who do you think will poll the most Brownlow votes for you guys this year?
Murphy is arguably in career best form, but ultimately it is a midfielder's medal.

Bonts probably picks up the lions share of the early votes on offer, and since then, Jack Macrae. He's not always damaging, but he's prolific and most noticeable.

Picken definitely a dark horse.

Hey guys sorry to intrude, but who do you think will poll the most Brownlow votes for you guys this year?

Really tough question this year. As you know it's a midfielder's award, but M.Boyd and Murphy deserve the plaudits. Liam Picken would be our most consistent midfielder so I'd go for him. Dalhaus is doing a lot of grunt work this season too.

Hard to know, if you have a look at our Ching leaderboard (stickied on front page) you'll see how close it is.
Boyd & Macrae are proven vote getters.
Murph & Wood have been great providing drive.
Dahl, Picken & Wallis all getting plenty of ball in the middle.
Stringer & Bont won't poll in many games but they'll generally get three when they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tumblr is a frightening and terrible place...
Why didn't anyone warn me?
Was this your reaction?

53gdW7i.gif

What's a CIS gender male? And why are they the most evil creature on earth?
Also...otherkin?
I'm frightened. ...
I don't know, and frankly, I don't want to know.

I just try to get through the night without remembering that those people are out there.

Hey, I survived my footy triple header weekend. Went to Ft Lauderdale Saturday morning and did a few touristy thing before heading over to the best footy ground in North America. The Fort Lauderdale Fighting Squids faced the Atlanta Kookaburras in the curtain riser. It was a good contest until about halfway through the 4th quarter when the Squids just ran out of gas. After a 20 minute delay for lightning in the area the 49th Parallel Cup started with the US women's team facing Canada. The Americans did well in the first quarter going into a strong headwind and held a slight lead at the first break. As the 2nd quarter got underway the rain started falling. This seemed to be to the benefit of the Canadians and they pretty well dominated the rest of the game and won handily. The final game pitted the US men against the Canadian men. Canada got the first clearance and scored quickly, but the US took control after that. The Canadians had a late surge but it was not enough.

So only one victory out of three games, still it there was some decent footy and the beer was good and cold. Afterwards I joined the Squids and the American teams at a nearby pub for a few pints. The men's trophy was brought along and I got to drink beer out of the Cup. I also met retired Tiger best and fairest Dan Jackson. I listened in while he went over some of the finer points proper handballing so, even though I have yet to have a footy in my hands, I can at least go around thinking I know how to handball. I also managed not to use the name Ninthmond around him. All in all a great, fun weekend. I love footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back