FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Funny as all hell, deadpan Andre Braugher is just the best. Hoping season 2 gets on Au Netflix soon.
Good to find another Brooklyn nine nine fan. Just binge watched both seasons (1st on netflix, 2nd through shady methods ;) ). Absolute pisser and to think if i hadnt got a trial of netflix I never would have heard of it :(

Great casting all round but Andre Braugher steals the show, especially towards the end of season 2 and his interactions with Wunch.

A few episodes into American Crime & it's going ok, not bad for network tv

Finished this last night, not a lot of laughs (dont recall having one reason to smile during the 11 episodes), had to work a bit to drum up compassion for any of the characters, but thought it worked & is very well acted by most. Comparison have been made to the movie Crash, which are fair enough.

My only complaint was with the versions I was watching, all swearing was either muted or completely blanked out (black screen whenever 'f..k' was said). I cant see this show being aired during the day/early evening, so have been wondering just who the version I watched was broadcast to. Or are there still some states in the US where network TV swearing is banned at all times? Very strange.

Last edited:
A few episodes into American Crime & it's going ok, not bad for network tv

Peresevere with it. It's not top shelf but it has some interesting things to say. Very good cast and acting.

Fk spelling Bee bs, anyone watching 'The Island with Bear Grylls'? Watched it on SBS 2night and I have to stay its really enjoyable.

14 British men/women (split between male and female, both on different islands) are taken to a remote, uninhabited Pacific island by Bear Grylls for 6 weeks where they were left completely alone, filming themselves, and with only the clothes they were wearing and some basic tools.

Power season 1 and 8 episodes into season 2.

Really enjoying this series, the cable network in america called Starz picked it up, it's there no 1 show,putting up big viewer numbers.

If you like grimy recent time new York drug scene, and plenty of sex and violence, get on it.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

about to watch Generation Kill

Generation Kill rivals Band of Brothers, in my opinion. They may both only count as mini-series', but I'd be hard-pressed to name five better shows in general.

Power season 1 and 8 episodes into season 2.

Really enjoying this series, the cable network in america called Starz picked it up, it's there no 1 show,putting up big viewer numbers.

If you like grimy recent time new York drug scene, and plenty of sex and violence, get on it.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Yeah I've been watching since it started, should be in the underrated shows thread.

Generation Kill rivals Band of Brothers, in my opinion. They may both only count as mini-series', but I'd be hard-pressed to name five better shows in general.

I don't know whether to differentiate mini-series and serialised television when ranking shows, but if I was Gen Kill would be my favourite of the lot. Ahead of the Wire, Deadwood etc. It's just that ******* good.

Hope you get as much out of it as I did djrossie

I don't know whether to differentiate mini-series and serialised television when ranking shows, but if I was Gen Kill would be my favourite of the lot. Ahead of the Wire, Deadwood etc. It's just that ******* good.

Hope you get as much out of it as I did djrossie
Every week this dude i work with quotes the show. Something along the lines of 'do you know why i hang around white people? Because generally white people, they don't drag a dude behind the Tastee Freez and stab you.
So i had to check it out and get on the same page. :p

Boardwalk Empire - had previously only watched bits and pieces of the first 2 seasons, but have started binge watching from the start this week, very good overall with some great individual episodes, the end to S2 was outstanding tv I thought.
Good move. Season 4 was my favourite. Consistently good the whole way through tho. In my top ten shows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back