• Yep, GTFO

Votes: 129 63.9%
  • Nah, gun. Keep him in.

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Send him to the SANFL to find form

Votes: 61 30.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mackay is just too slight to play AFL, it's like watching a 12 year old play 1st 18.

He has no strength, can't break a tackle, can't stick a tackle and gets bumped out of a contest too easily.

Of his average 14 possession games, down from his career high average of 16 mind you, about 4 might be what's classified run and carry, the rest are just nothing's. That doesn't justify his place in the team or an AFL career.

I couldn't bear to watch the second half today, but from what I saw in the first, Mackay was consistently ragdolled by many different Sydney players whenever he grabbed the ball. In fact, he was ragdolled on several occasions before he picked up the ball, but no frees! He was trying, but does seem too small to be playing as he does. I think he should be exclusively an outside receiver.

I couldn't bear to watch the second half today, but from what I saw in the first, Mackay was consistently ragdolled by many different Sydney players whenever he grabbed the ball. In fact, he was ragdolled on several occasions before he picked up the ball, but no frees! He was trying, but does seem too small to be playing as he does. I think he should be exclusively an outside receiver.
So down to an average of 4 touches a game?

Quick outside players like Mackay will always be rag dolled, the difference is the good one's don't get caught. Mackay does, in fact he practically runs into tackles. He's just not a good footballer. When I'm checking Anthony Wilson's stats every week and think he's worth a shot off 14 disposals and a behind you know things are bad. Not sure if anyone's watched him play, can't see how he'd be worse than Mackay. Things are that dire, we desperately need some outside (quality) speed.

We should have the cap space to trade that in. Mackay only has 7 years left on his contract.

If we're after Toumpas or Aish or similar, we have to put Mackay on the table.

He's not worth a truckload, but you'd think we could get a mid second rounder for him; if a team is willing to value him based on how good he has been, and how good he could be - instead of his actual output.

I do find it very disappointing that we, as a Club, haven't been able to turn him into a consistent performer.

If VB has found form it might even be a win given how badly DMac has slumped.

Doesn't sound like he had a great game, and after a season and a half of garbage, I'd hope it'd take more than one reasonable game at SANFL level for him to demand selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those that think he's worth something at the trade table, think again because other clubs are not that stupid, a packet of chips is what we'd get. I want to see a number of players have their papers stamped, not continue to be given gold passes.

Last edited:
Mackay started on Jetta yesterday, right?

Where was he when Jetta ran 50 meters through the centre, unopposed, to kick their first goal?
Just watched the start of the game, no one within 30 metres of Jetta when he takes possession on the wing, just prior to that he'd kicked in from Tex's opening behind. How does a guy like Jetta run from FB to the wing unchecked? Maybe an unmeasurable was supposed to be picking him up.

I really wish they do finally drop David. He can't handle the pressure. We all know this. Once he gets told the shaking will end, deep breaths will be taken. He can go down to snaffle and work there without a yoke. Some players just can't find form in the first 22. Some players can...like Crouch. I like Crouch.

Quick outside players like Mackay will always be rag dolled, the difference is the good one's don't get caught. Mackay does, in fact he practically runs into tackles. He's just not a good footballer. When I'm checking Anthony Wilson's stats every week and think he's worth a shot off 14 disposals and a behind you know things are bad. Not sure if anyone's watched him play, can't see how he'd be worse than Mackay. Things are that dire, we desperately need some outside (quality) speed.

We should have the cap space to trade that in. Mackay only has 7 years left on his contract.

Unfortunately Wilson is far from AFL standard right now, even further than Mackay

Those that think he's worth something at the trade table, think again because other clubs are not that stupid, a packet of chips is what we'd get. I want to see a number of players have their papers stamped, not continue to be given gold passes.
Im rather optomistic we may be able to get a decent trade for him was reading on the Gold Coast board and they were saying that Eade had come out and said they were gonna target some B grade players from other clubs, one poster went on to mention the likes of Wright & Lyons soo surely someone will be stupid enough to take Mookay

Here is the link to the GC board for any interested http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2015-trade-free-agency-period.1094913/page-46

He got mown down, rag-dolled and holding the ball by Sean Lemmens last week who is even skinnier than he is.

Nah, plenty of smaller players have competed very well at AFL level. This guy has zero spacial awareness. Not only that he is really poor at reading the game and makes crap decisions when it comes to his running pattern.
Yep , hit it there .

I don't think he has shown is he is starting 18 in our back line moving forward that is for sure .
Strongly disagree.

Cheney has been a key in our team defence & badly missed since he had been out. Far better loose man than the likes of Hendo.

The only time Cheney has struggled is when we stupidly have gone in too small & he is forced to play on a far bigger body.

Back