Under 18's Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate said Taylors were just much better on the day. Looking forward to next weeks Hillside v Eagles game. Should be a beauty.

should be a comfortable win for craigieburn you would imagine, your seniors aren't playing so all the kids come back in and hillside will play 4-5 under 18's in the seniors as happens every week.

should be a comfortable win for craigieburn you would imagine, your seniors aren't playing so all the kids come back in and hillside will play 4-5 under 18's in the seniors as happens every week.
Whispers are that
Colletta bertollo Rusi Tristan Psalia all return for hillside. Should be a cracker

Whispers are that
Colletta bertollo Rusi Tristan Psalia all return for hillside. Should be a cracker

Hillside will need all hands on deck to avoid relegation, so I doubt they'll play.

Speaking to the Eagles coach he doesn't really see us making top two and might not bother playing all of the guys who play seniors. I know two are out for sure, one with injury and one being rested.

And with 14 players to come back in for EDS it should be a good battle between these 3 for the flag.

Still think it's out of EDS and Hillside with the other two outsiders.

Rumour Colletta won't play any more jets games but could play a game in the VFL development level. Either way my spies tell me he will definitely qualify for Hillside. Volpato will stay with Jets as his "hoping" to get drafted.
Why would Colletta not be playing more jets games? Have noticed he hasn't played past 2 weeks. Is it his choice or jets choice?

Jets can't win a game ,surely he is still best 22.

Why would Colletta not be playing more jets games? Have noticed he hasn't played past 2 weeks. Is it his choice or jets choice?

Jets can't win a game ,surely he is still best 22.

The Jets have no idea hence why they are sitting last. Looks like they are playing younger kids..

The Jets have no idea hence why they are sitting last. Looks like they are playing younger kids..
So I guess there saying look you won't get drafted ,so we'd rather play bottom age kids in prep for next year. ( thats disappointing, he may play & kick 6 in a losing team, sometimes recruiters could see something in 1 game )

So I guess there saying look you won't get drafted ,so we'd rather play bottom age kids in prep for next year. ( thats disappointing, he may play & kick 6 in a losing team, sometimes recruiters could see something in 1 game )

Hey Grover, yes your correct. It's a bit disappointing but I believe his still training down there so his committed. He did seem to be going ok with the Jets but it's tough when they are trying to look to next year.

Cheers mate.

So I guess there saying look you won't get drafted ,so we'd rather play bottom age kids in prep for next year.

The Jets probably won't be the only TAC cup team doing that. He'll probably get more playing senior footy anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big wrap to the Hillside medical staff today helping out two of our boys with nasty injuries.

That's good feedback Mel. Why is it that games are not played as per the senior games. Just because 1 side doesn't have 18s why are other clubs made to suffer. Another great decision by the EDFL. What do you think Mel??

That's good feedback Mel. Why is it that games are not played as per the senior games. Just because 1 side doesn't have 18s why are other clubs made to suffer. Another great decision by the EDFL. What do you think Mel??

I think most people involved in the 18 comp this year would be feeling pretty frustrated.

We've had to play a lot of our "home" games at Tulla and it's been a bit of a mess really. Today has cost us one of our best U18s/senior players and maybe our leading vote getter in the race for our clubs b & f for most likely the season on a weekend where our two other senior sides were having a bye. Granted injuries are a part of life, but it just adds to the frustration of the season.

That said, It's a difficult one. Without the extra game your 18s are left with only 14 games and that's even more unacceptable. Should've put a clubs 2nd side in Div1 and left a bye round for the 18s like the seniors.

Hillside V Eds next week should be a cracker. If eds win you'd think with westmesdows' percentage and games to come they would sow up 2nd spot.
Massive finals series coming.

Hillside V Eds next week should be a cracker. If eds win you'd think with westmesdows' percentage and games to come they would sow up 2nd spot.
Massive finals series coming.
If Westmeadows manage to finish in 2nd spot there would be a few people scratching their heads...me included

I think most people involved in the 18 comp this year would be feeling pretty frustrated.

We've had to play a lot of our "home" games at Tulla and it's been a bit of a mess really. Today has cost us one of our best U18s/senior players and maybe our leading vote getter in the race for our clubs b & f for most likely the season on a weekend where our two other senior sides were having a bye. Granted injuries are a part of life, but it just adds to the frustration of the season.

That said, It's a difficult one. Without the extra game your 18s are left with only 14 games and that's even more unacceptable. Should've put a clubs 2nd side in Div1 and left a bye round for the 18s like the seniors.
What are your thoughts on the EDFL possibly creating an Under 18 comp graded on the best 18's in Premier, Div 1 & Div 2. So regardless of the grade the senior team is in these young men get to play the highest possible standard. So in 2015 Premier Under 18's might have EDS, CB, Westy, HS in it with some of the current Premier clubs whose under 18's are struggling for numbers could go down and play against sides of similar numbers and ability. It would be a fixturing nightmare attempting to line the 18's games up with senior games. Perhaps it could be a Sunday competition so they can show case there skills in front of some larger crowds... It could also be a platform for the TAC clubs to recruit from. As Mel has eluded to this seasons 18's fixture in Div 1 has been a nightmare and I believe these young men deserve every opportunity to excel. In the current structure it probably would never be considered. Just putting it out there.

What are your thoughts on the EDFL possibly creating an Under 18 comp graded on the best 18's in Premier, Div 1 & Div 2. So regardless of the grade the senior team is in these young men get to play the highest possible standard. So in 2015 Premier Under 18's might have EDS, CB, Westy, HS in it with some of the current Premier clubs whose under 18's are struggling for numbers could go down and play against sides of similar numbers and ability. It would be a fixturing nightmare attempting to line the 18's games up with senior games. Perhaps it could be a Sunday competition so they can show case there skills in front of some larger crowds... It could also be a platform for the TAC clubs to recruit from. As Mel has eluded to this seasons 18's fixture in Div 1 has been a nightmare and I believe these young men deserve every opportunity to excel. In the current structure it probably would never be considered. Just putting it out there.

Good post mate.

The fixture would be hard to make up, but I think it would be great. While it might cost some clubs a shot at a lower division flag, it would ultimately improve their game playing against slightly stronger teams while readying them for a shot at a higher level.

Sounds good in theory agree, and good for the talent and some clubs but just going to be to hard to manage if your 18s are playing at a different ground to the seniors. Most clubs have 1 set of trainers etc. and what if only the 18s are playing at home you need to open up and set up things for 1 game. No canteen etc. will be a nightmare for clubs I think.

Agree something needs to be looked at but I guess whichever way you look at it, the senior position ultimately flows through.

I used to like the days of the Sunday juniors playing the same games as the seniors and you often see opposition players catching up.

Interesting times ahead.

Sounds good in theory agree, and good for the talent and some clubs but just going to be to hard to manage if your 18s are playing at a different ground to the seniors. Most clubs have 1 set of trainers etc. and what if only the 18s are playing at home you need to open up and set up things for 1 game. No canteen etc. will be a nightmare for clubs I think.

Agree something needs to be looked at but I guess whichever way you look at it, the senior position ultimately flows through.

I used to like the days of the Sunday juniors playing the same games as the seniors and you often see opposition players catching up.

Interesting times ahead.
I can see all of the reason's not to look at a competition purely based on where each team finished in each division however if the draw is going to be as convoluted as it is this year and the only reason for doing so is to cover for a team not able to field a side, then I would rather have a mixed draw that provided a much more even competition across all divisions.

Right now I don't think the benefits of the current fixture justifies inconvenience that it causes.

I also like the idea of highlighting this age group. I think it would be really insightful from the EDFL to consider a "Youth League" approach. There is some pretty amazing footy played at this level and I think it goes largely unnoticed. The introduction of 17's and 19's provides a great opportunity for there to be a "Think Tank" on how we promote this level of footy given the introduction of the points system there has been no other time in the history of the EDFL when this age group has been more important.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back