Analysis Positives and Negatives vs the Blueberries - Rd 18, 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives- was in the Carlton FC presidents function- free 3 course meal, free piss, four points.

Ziebell was just sublime, Dal classy as usual, Higgins just sex. Goldy super. Thought Spud Firrito was excellent.
Negatives- Gibson... GTFO. Shite

Yes........hasnt he kicked 2 before in a match?

I thought he kicked 5 once very early in his career.

Even earlier than that he kicked 2 goals in his 2nd ever game.

if we had of been better in the 2nd qtr I would have been happier tonight but time and time again we show flakiness. Against good opposition we would have been dismantled in that 2nd qtr. How do these pitiful qtrs continue to happen its good enough against a rabble like carlton but it won't be against the best.

He had his breakout game a few years ago, late in a season against Melbourne, which is probably the game you're thinking of DR.

The second quarter lapse in intensity was shyte. Otherwise happy enough with the win. No injuries and a percentage boost. Bring on the godees!

Did one of the commentators say this is the first time that Goldy has kicked multiple goals in his career?

They meant that it was the first time this year, which is accurate, but being commentators, they didn't really bother saying it right.

Yes........hasnt he kicked 2 before in a match?

Kicked five once.

Personally I think the best part of the night is when we found out Scott Thompson has become a woodworker

Positives: 10 goal win.
Ziebell, Higgins, Waite, Dal Santo, Firrito.
Continuing momentum.

Negatives: That second quarter was horrible and the ability to have an off quarter scares me. It cost them the game against Collingwood and seems to occur every few games.
Ben Cunnington is a player who I have high expectations on each week, and he hasn't been meeting them for a long time. Maybe it is because he isn't playing that inside role as much anymore. I love his creativity with the ball, but he hasn't been getting it anywhere near enough lately.

I think people are overly sensitive on Gibson. I think he is one of our best players on the spread and runs hard in both directions. Just look at that handball in Giantroos every goal video clip, around 7:40 in. His kicking is definitely not good, but he has so many other attributes which are positive and are necessary to the team. Yet every single week he is always called to be dropped.

Still not overly positive about our chances this season. Need Wells to come back soon hopefully. But I am done judging this club when they play nothing opposition, the last three games of the season will define how excited I am to watch the finals.

Positives: 10 goal win.
Ziebell, Higgins, Waite, Dal Santo, Firrito.
Continuing momentum.

Negatives: That second quarter was horrible and the ability to have an off quarter scares me. It cost them the game against Collingwood and seems to occur every few games.
Ben Cunnington is a player who I have high expectations on each week, and he hasn't been meeting them for a long time. Maybe it is because he isn't playing that inside role as much anymore. I love his creativity with the ball, but he hasn't been getting it anywhere near enough lately.

I think people are overly sensitive on Gibson. I think he is one of our best players on the spread and runs hard in both directions. Just look at that handball in Giantroos every goal video clip, around 7:40 in. His kicking is definitely not good, but he has so many other attributes which are positive and are necessary to the team. Yet every single week he is always called to be dropped.

Still not overly positive about our chances this season. Need Wells to come back soon hopefully. But I am done judging this club when they play nothing opposition, the last three games of the season will define how excited I am to watch the finals.

2013 revisited........... unfortunately Swallow being back into the team is a by-effect of this.

Hawthorn lost to Richmond.

Surely we can let some minor things slide, considering the result and the margin ...
We're a much better side than we seemed like, earlier this year, when I thought we looked like a bottom six side. With NDS' return, players running into form, having a lot of players back and stringing consecutive games together in the 2s, and some coaching tweaks, we're beginning to look like a genuine finals side.

And I'm happy to bank a percentage boosting win.

But for one quarter we managed to make a side, who many people believe are happy to lose all their remaining games, look like they were the finals contender.

There are lots of good signs, like Atley rediscovering his tun and carry, and Ziebull playing like he is already the club captain. But I don't think that we're playing anywhere near as well or as consistently, as we did last year, and last year ended with an absolute thrashing. So as much as I want to have hope about our team's prospects, I just can't see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice win. Not sure if we have to dwell on negatives after a ten goal win. People forget that while Carlton had an absolute shocker last week, they were quite competitive against Freo, Richmond and the Dogs.

To be fair to the commentators this is the first time he's kicked two if you don't include all the times they can't actually be bothered researching. They can't be expected to actually know stuff about the game and provide such witty commentary as well.

Pos...

• Tarrant's marking
  • JZ- needs to be made Captain, today
  • Higgins- doing what all good judges expected
  • Goldie- won't get many votes on here for his game. We've set the bar so high and he bloody delivers
  • Jacobs integral part of our side
Neg....

• Swallow, Bastinac and Turner 33 disposals between them, we can't afford that any more.

Won ugly. Goldy Higgins and ziebell were dominant, enjoyed seeing a change in Lindsay's mindset, and Tarrant was very good.

Negs I'd suggest are a down game from brown, and a very quiet match from Cunnington when the match was still on. Turner/Garner can work I think but would prefer next match turns took the vest.

bit of a carry on re the 2nd Qtrs, surely this is just weak teams having a go after a Q1 thrashing
last nite 10 goals to 2 after Half Time

Agree on JZ Starting to really impact, less mistakes than usual too
thought swallow was good when it mattered
main gripe was the kicking into the fwd line, thommo wright are they passing it, or just kicking near our blokes?
and why cldnt the fwds keep it in fwd line, ball just came barrelling back at a rate of knots!

Really unfortunate wells cant get on the park Higgo is the White Wellsy NDS playing good physical footy
JMac is a bit of a loss as backline panic under pressure, need a stabilising influence
mullet is a better kick, so is BMac obviously on last nite Hansen playing well has to come in, but for who?

Gibson skill errors were Glaring, can sort of tolerate Thommo and tazz crappy kicking as big blokes but Gibbo has gone backwards
basti definitely fringe too, Jacobs playing better than him

cannot understand why brown can not murder these undersize defenders, yes they push him off his run, one day ump will pay him 10 free kicks but even so still isn't as involved as I wld like

our best players are all playing well goldy jz cunners boomer dish higgo, swallow less fumbles

Problem to me is really skill level and composure coming out of the backline
we still have the wrong blokes Spud Thommo Wright Gibbo delivering to the fwds

It feels like a very long time since we have beaten Bris up there and Carlton in the same season. I know we haven't being convincing, but in previous seasons we would have dropped one of these last 2 games. On to next week and hopefully a 5 game winning streak.

Has averaged 22 touches, 7 clearances and 1.3 goals in the last 6 games. If that's quiet I'll take it.

Happy with hitting the scoreboard but no top midfielder is happy with 22 touches per. Still has long periods where he isn't involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back