Collingwood vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Serves the fat FK for picking this game as a simple winnable game to do his pathetic commentating with 3 other genuine flogs.

To see the smugness and arrogence wiped off Fatty Eddie face is just sweet sweet champagne that every other 17 club supporters love.

They did it for Red Round you daft twat.

Fair enough but what he hell is red round? Do all teams get their own caller? No they didn't its ED round and he got penetrated

The smugness of a few Melbourne supporters in this thread is incredibly embarrassing. I'd bother retorting with an insult of substance but the pity I have for your club far exceeds my disappointment regarding my club's recent poor form and loss today.

Good luck for the next 10 or so years. God knows Melbourne aren't out of the woods by any stretch.

Last edited:

The smugness of a few Melbourne supporters in this thread is incredibly embarrassing. I'd bother retorting with an insult of substance but the pity I have for your club far exceeds my disappointment regarding my club's current run of form and loss today.

Good luck for the next 10 or so years. God knows Melbourne aren't out of the woods by any stretch.
Seriously what is red round for?

The smugness of a few Melbourne supporters in this thread is incredibly embarrassing. I'd bother retorting with an insult of substance but the pity I have for your club far exceeds my disappointment regarding my club's current run of form and loss today.

The tantrums some Collingwood supporters are throwing are worse. Some very childish reactions. In any case he asked a legitimate question, Red round is just some weird Foxtel crap that they don't really distinguish as anything specific, I've seen them retweeting things about ranga's as well as tomato sauce.

The smugness of a few Melbourne supporters in this thread is incredibly embarrassing. I'd bother retorting with an insult of substance but the pity I have for your club far exceeds my disappointment regarding my club's recent poor form and loss today.

8558_6d2a.gif

That Jetta "holding the ball" decision is one of the worst free kicks I have ever seen paid.
There's been a few of those across all games in the last few weeks. I genuinely have no clue how the umpire is going to interpret a contest anymore, regardless of who's playing. It's become beyond a joke.

There's been a few of those across all games in the last few weeks. I genuinely have no clue how the umpire is going to interpret a contest anymore, regardless of who's playing. It's become beyond a joke.
I think it was more just a plain mistake. It would've been holding the ball if it wasn't for the huge yank on his leg that helped stop him for the tackle. So the ump missed the trip and paid the holding the ball. Marking contests infringement, high contact and in the back were ok yesterday I think. Definitely some suspect marks paid to both sides either not completed or touched first.

The real issue was holding the ball/illegal disposal. The very first minute of the game gifted the Pies a free in front of goal in what looked like a legit handball to me. So I thought ok they are red hot on that today. Then they backed off and let both sides throw it around a bit and Melbourne got away with at least one nice one in front of goal. Then it went with pinging blokes again. The likelihood is it's just a few isolated errors/umpire blindsided skewing things but last weeks crazed crack down on holding the ball has left all footy fans bemused. Same for the ducking the head being prior opportunity which comes and goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the contrary! I'm one of the many supporters who knew Collingwood were never a chance to contend this season. Even finals was a stretch and has been proven as such. How do I know this? Well, I've seen my team contend in recent times so I'm quite familiar with what's required of teams to be elite.

On the other hand, Melbourne:

2007: 14th
2008: 16th
2009: 16th
2010: 12th :thumbsu:
2011: 14th
2012: 16th
2013: 17th
2014: 17th

Despite having no teeth (heh) I'm smart enough to be able to assess the above and comfortably conclude that even the most dimwitted Pies supporter would be feeling nothing compared to Melbourne supporters' frustrations at the above set of ladder finishes. The funny thing? It doesn't actually seem to be improving :cry:

On the contrary! I'm one of the many supporters who knew Collingwood were never a chance to contend this season. Even finals was a stretch and has been proven as such. How do I know this? Well, I've seen my team contend in recent times so I'm quite familiar with what's required of teams to be elite.

Despite having no teeth (heh) I'm smart enough to be able to assess the above and comfortably conclude that even the most dimwitted Pies supporter would be feeling nothing compared to Melbourne supporters' frustrations at the above set of ladder finishes. The funny thing? It doesn't actually seem to be improving :cry:

What are you arguing? That Melbourne have been s**t for a long time? There's no argument from myself.

The smugness of a few Melbourne supporters in this thread is incredibly embarrassing.

Who's embarrassed? Not me, my team won. I'm pretty chuffed and to be honest who would begrudged that?

2013: 2 wins
2014: 4 wins
2015: 6 wins*

I don't think you're very smart.

2013: 2 wins
2014: 4 wins
2015: 6 wins*

I don't think you're very smart.

Ladder position trumps any other stat - even wins. Ladder position determines finals, for instance. You've been 17th over the past two seasons.

I don't think you're smart full stop

I think it was more just a plain mistake. It would've been holding the ball if it wasn't for the huge yank on his leg that helped stop him for the tackle. So the ump missed the trip and paid the holding the ball. Marking contests infringement, high contact and in the back were ok yesterday I think. Definitely some suspect marks paid to both sides either not completed or touched first.

The real issue was holding the ball/illegal disposal. The very first minute of the game gifted the Pies a free in front of goal in what looked like a legit handball to me. So I thought ok they are red hot on that today. Then they backed off and let both sides throw it around a bit and Melbourne got away with at least one nice one in front of goal. Then it went with pinging blokes again. The likelihood is it's just a few isolated errors/umpire blindsided skewing things but last weeks crazed crack down on holding the ball has left all footy fans bemused. Same for the ducking the head being prior opportunity which comes and goes.

How was the "holding the ball" against Viney at the start of the third? Even the commentators were incredulous so you know it's bad when they are basically paid mouthpieces for the AFL. It wasn't the only time it's happened over the last few weeks either.

Dont know if this has been touched on or not but how bad was it having a full collingwood commentary team? I only caught the last quarter this morning and it was horrible. Dont get me wrong eddie is a great commentator, but sticking him and shaw together was the stupidest match up in commentary i have ever seen. They were so depressed any hope of even commentary was thrown out the door. They kept saying we dont need that, and how could they get away with doing that to us. The commentary was so bias i felt sorry for the melbournw players who were playing well because it was ignored by the sobbing of the commentary team.
Painful to listen to.

Dont know if this has been touched on or not but how bad was it having a full collingwood commentary team? I only caught the last quarter this morning and it was horrible. Dont get me wrong eddie is a great commentator, but sticking him and shaw together was the stupidest match up in commentary i have ever seen. They were so depressed any hope of even commentary was thrown out the door. They kept saying we dont need that, and how could they get away with doing that to us. The commentary was so bias i felt sorry for the melbournw players who were playing well because it was ignored by the sobbing of the commentary team.
Painful to listen to.

That was the "Push red for Ed" thing for "Red round" it wasn't the only commentary for the game, you had a choice between the Fox Footy guys or the Collingwood guys.

They replayed the Collingwood audio only with the game this morning.

That was the "Push red for Ed" thing for "Red round" it wasn't the only commentary for the game, you had a choice between the Fox Footy guys or the Collingwood guys.

They replayed the Collingwood audio only with the game this morning.
Ahh righto then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back