Dogs v Ess

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really, went late because nobody wanted to give a little guy a shot
Lucky that recruiters discriminate based on height rather than just pure football ability.

Slobbo wrote a fairly critical piece on Paul Roos a couple of days back - implying $4.5 million hasn't been well spent and Melbourne fans are jealous of other teams ball movement and purpose (he even listed Essendon! hahahaha). Will he go after Hird with the same vigour tomorrow? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Slobbo wrote a fairly critical piece on Paul Roos a couple of days back - implying $4.5 million hasn't been well spent and Melbourne fans are jealous of other teams ball movement and purpose (he even listed Essendon! hahahaha). Will he go after Hird with the same vigour tomorrow? I think we all know the answer to that one.

That hypocrite will never go after Hird

Roos has been worth every penny for the MFC.

Hird has bought the EFC to its knees. Robbo is a biased clown.

i haven't been following too closely, but has hird started playing the kids to take the heat off the results yet? a coach has to look to next year you know. not the players next year; his own of course.

People talk about the state of footy in Queensland being in trouble, Carlton having a nightmare week in week out, but, Essendon is so far away from any form of finals appearance that this club needs to go into damage control during the off season. This drug saga has totally ruined Essendon, and James Hird has a target right between his eyes with key stakeholders with trigger fingers.
They made the finals last year; they have the talent. But as you said, the drug thing has ruined them, and rather then starting a clean slate they have kept going with it anyway. Re-hiring Hird was literally the worst thing they could have done and they did it and now the club is in shambles.
we'll pick up a decent draw next season (Saints, Dees, Suns, Lions and Blues twice). Useless if we don't pick up our effort and sort the game plan out. But if we can get back to 2014 form, it could work in our favour. Part of me thinks that's been the plan for some time
play kids, finish low, pick up a good draft position and fixture in 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Hird has to go but dont think we should do anything until the outcome of the saga is known. Once that is sorted then we can have a mass cleanout

It doesn't.

It's a simple revenue equation. It becomes an easier decision to justify a payout if revenue declines, the question is at what point does that occur and what would the alternative provide.
or we could just sack him based on performance...like we did with Knights. no reason for us to not turn up to our games.

roos plays a boring game style but has made you blokes relevant. getting vince and Tyson over was a big deal

Shithouse.

Here's a little known fact.

The Bulldog team today featured 4 players who were either ex-Essendon or ex-Bendigo Bombers (hence right under noses):

Stewart Crameri
Tory Dickson
Tom Campbell
Shane Biggs

Essendon only ever got one of that group of 4. Why? All are obviously good enough for this level.

Xavier Campbell was on 3aw today saying Hird will be coaching next year

Need gif of Morgan Freeman's 'Good luck with that' quote from The Dark Knight.

Edit: Found gif, managed to misquote movie, argh.

good-luck.gif

Last edited:
Of course. Why would Hird instruct his boy to say anything else?
Bucks & Eddie, Hird and our Board. Not a lot of difference. Both clubs took massive risks in hiring ex-club legends as coach.
Didn't work for Brisbane, hasn't worked for us, doesn't look like it's working for Collingwood.

Thanks Bombers! Tigers beat the reigning premiers and still fall a place down the ladder...

Your mob defeating hawthorn seems like so, so long ago now.

Shithouse.

The Bulldog team today featured 4 players who were either ex-Essendon or ex-Bendigo Bombers (hence right under noses):

Stewart Crameri
Tory Dickson
Tom Campbell
Shane Biggs

Essendon only ever got one of that group of 4. Why? All are obviously good enough for this level.
Not sure what Dickson or Biggs add to our list. Campbell looks an ok ruck.
Crameri was worth it to get the Merrett pick :)

Thanks Bombers! Tigers beat the reigning premiers and still fall a place down the ladder...

Your mob defeating hawthorn seems like so, so long ago now.
Lol, that was my only positive part of the day. Was actually cheering the Dogs on to get another goal to put them above Richmond. Thats how low our season is

Shithouse.

Stewart Crameri
Tory Dickson
Tom Campbell
Shane Biggs

McCartney stole Essendon's IP when he left, he influenced our recruiters to select Campbell and Dickson. (Essendon, James Hird in particular was ropeable when we called out Dickson's name). He was also instrumental in getting Crameri over the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back