AFL Autopsy 87 pt loss to the Bulldogs, Round 18 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I swear some of our posters think our blokes play perfect games.

hepp trailed his opponents all day.

He has a cracked to win the footy, but fair dinkum, as captain, he needs to set the tone and defensively we stand for nothing. He needs to vastly improve in these areas

Defending one of our top three players on the ground does not imply that he played the perfect game. I'm just saying, when you work as hard as Heppell does to win the ball in the contest, and then provide run on the outside because everyone else is so blatantly stagnant, his defensive efforts aren't always going to be there due to fatigue. He's carrying our midfield - he can't do everything.

The coaches are obviously planning for next year,

How so? Selected side has no balance or structure.

Hird has this idea in his mind how perfect football is played & the players required to play it.

Hird needs to let go of this delusion.

I thought he had after the St. Kilda game. He obviously hasn't.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Points to any journo who asks Hird if Crameri was just lucky.
Hird was taken out of context. Paddy had done almost nothing before 3QT. To his credit, he had a great last quarter and was probably the difference. He got lucky with a couple of his goals, that's a fact. People will use any excuse to bash Hird and I'm definitely not his biggest supporter.

Steinberg cannot play key position. Not strong enough. Pears should play in future. Browne either injured or not AFL quality.
Pears was horrible in the twos today.

Steinberg was horrible as well, but I wouldn't be playing Pears. We can play neither once Hurley comes back.

Just shoring up pick 4.

Want top 2 if we are going to be s**t.
Drops away a lot. No chance for Schache, and the best midfielders already locked up in father/son or zoning.

Hird was taken out of context. Paddy had done almost nothing before 3QT. To his credit, he had a great last quarter and was probably the difference. He got lucky with a couple of his goals, that's a fact. People will use any excuse to bash Hird and I'm definitely not his biggest supporter.
Joke joyce

How the * did we not put up a better effort with the likes of ..

Giles in the ruck.
Steinberg key defensive post
Ambrose as a forward
Stants, Goddard, Melksham, NOB & Zaka leading the midfield charge.

I'm outraged, want heads to roll.

Laverde looked very good, Langford provided pressure up forward and was able to snare a goal, I thought Gleeson competed well and his intercept marking is quality, Heppell and Merrett busy and productive as usual, Jackson came on and showed glimpses. Hooker presented all afternoon and was one of our few outright winners. Oh and pick four. Probably the only positives.

Giles is crap
Melksham is the worst player in the AFL
Ambrose is not a footballer and is crap
Cooney is crap

oh forgot zaka - he is crap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back