General cycling news and discussion

Love that Sagan has shut Oleg up.

Also Specialized have a new Venge, looks interesting to say the least.
Friend just got one and loves it. Both of us have SWorks shivs and are not thrilled with the recent mandatory recall on front end. Might have something to do with the lack of customisation available on venge

grouse mate

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2014
On a bike
AFL Club
GWS
Well, with Porte stating this is his last season with Sky, where will he end up??

Will probably be totally wrong but I just cant see how he can go to BMC to be a team leader. They signed Caruso last year to a multi-year deal and TJ is clear number 1 for the tour. Orica have wanted him since last year, at 30 he fills a gap between the Yates boys, Chavez, Rob Power and Jack Haig becoming GC contenders but he doesn't think he will get good enough support. If either of the Yates boys can win a stage this year he should re-consider. Can see a team like Quick Step being interested and if Kwiatkowski leaves they should have some cash.

Freakie

Cool cool cool
10k Posts Pantskyle Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Todd Banfield 2010 Player Sponsor
Oct 23, 2009
Fitzroy?
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
The Roys FC
I think Porte will end up at Cannonfail.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

Sasquatch

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2009
Outback Australia Baby
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
These are some of the transfers that should be confirmed today and tomorrow.

Rigoberto Uran to Garmin
Tom Jelte-Slagter to Lotto Jumbo
Dan Martin to Etixx
Simon Clarke to BMC
Giovanni Visconti to Astana
Michal Kwiatkowski to Sky
Mikel Landa to Sky
Benat Intxausti to Sky

Of the rumours, it looks like the Izagirre's will be split up. Ion will stay and Movistar whilst Gorka goes to Sky. Or maybe both will stay at Movistar

Other rumours feature.

Sylvain Chavanel to Bretagne
Bryan Coquard to AG2R
Arthur Vichot to Sky (That's one out of left field)
Alexis Vuillermoz to Saxo
Richie Porte to BMC - Maybe they will announce that when they announce Clarke going to Sky.

Freakie

Cool cool cool
10k Posts Pantskyle Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Todd Banfield 2010 Player Sponsor
Oct 23, 2009
Fitzroy?
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
The Roys FC
Sky's budget is a joke, makes everyone else a second rate team

grouse mate

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2014
On a bike
AFL Club
GWS
Porte apparently only a 1 year deal. i find this odd.

Some others in media reports
Dan martin has an offer from Cannondale but is looking around
Hesjedal's agent is shopping him around
Pozzato to Tinkoff

Last edited:

Freakie

Cool cool cool
Oct 23, 2009
Fitzroy?
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
The Roys FC
Porte one one year is a bit strange. Either BMC are not to confident in his GT abilities or he is eyeing off another team for 2017 and this is a stop gap.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Porte one one year is a bit strange. Either BMC are not to confident in his GT abilities or he is eyeing off another team for 2017 and this is a stop gap.
I think he wants to prove what he's capable of as a leader of a GT team, before asking for more $$$ in his next contract.

I also think he's going to be mightily disappointed with how he goes, now that he no longer has access to UK Postal's pharmacist.

Sasquatch

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2009
Outback Australia Baby
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think he wants to prove what he's capable of as a leader of a GT team, before asking for more $$$ in his next contract.

I also think he's going to be mightily disappointed with how he goes, now that he no longer has access to UK Postal's pharmacist.

Porte's an Aussie though. He doesn't dope. He rejected the pharmacist :p

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Same thing happened to Fuglsang on one of the Alpine stages of this year's tour. Unfortunately, the camera on the bike in front of him didn't catch the contact the way that video did. We saw the motorbike zoom up behind him and we saw him go flying, but they didn't capture the moment of impact like the GVA video does.

Could be worse. Remember the Johnny Hoogerland incident from the Tour, a few years back now?

Sasquatch

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2009
Outback Australia Baby
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Amets Txurruka is confirmed going to OGE. Has been riding with Caja Rural the last few years. They wanted Pello Bilbao also from Caja Rural to come with him but he had 1 year left on his contract I think. Looks like Neil Stephens is looking at Basque riders considering his history. If that's the case, they really should have gone after Intxausti as well.

Sasquatch

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2009
Outback Australia Baby
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
‏Oleg talking s**t as usual. Love him!

@olegtinkov
there is 33% chance we will sign Cavendish. And 20% Roland, 10% Voeckler, 0% Landa and Kwiatkowski , they have been signed by SKY already )

Back