Review R18: Port v St Kilda review

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the opposite, the scoreboard didn't reflect our dominance on the game for large periods of time

i agree with you.. a 10 goal loss flattered the Saints!

thoughts on the Hoon today? a lot of the ball but can't remember a lot of his touches.

afl.com.au suggested the scoreline 'flattered' the Power but personally, I never thought we lost control of the game.

Thats the opinion of a journo that looked at the final score and didn't watch the game.

thoughts on the Hoon today? a lot of the ball but can't remember a lot of his touches.

Played well I thought but the usual suspects on here who seem to want him to fail would say otherwise. I have no idea what people want from him without him being given a consistent run at AFL football. Pretty hard to get to the pace of games at the highest standard when you are in and out of the team so sporadically.

Ummmh.
I had Hammer with Ebo as extremely disappointing.
Getting a gold pass for mine.
Mind you, we are not using him to his best - his boot is a weapon but we have him dancing around trying chip kicks and backwards handballs all day.

You have to be kidding me. Been one of our better players over the last couple of months.

Was a good win today you seriously can not complain about a 10 goal win unless you are a person that complains about everything. Next week we play a red hot dogs (with sauce please). Wines is going to be hard to cover and we are going to need someone to take Stringer like Bob did in the last game because he is one hot dog after having a look at there game from today.

I think Sammy is slightly off the pace , like say Impey it just makes their kicking a little suspect when it's over 40 meters .
He does seem a natural footballer though , knows where to get .
With 50 games and 5-10 kilos he could be a very good player .
Today he was the same , went to great spots , got a fair amount of the ball and was reasonably safe , with a few mistakes mostly by foot. Give him another game though .

Love this Rucci article.

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/a...rt-playing-smart/story-fnia6ojc-1227466878205

Absolutely spot on.

Being 'brave' doesn’t need to turn into reckless footy like it did today. We can play far smarter and we must if we are to get better. Sitting there all day long today the resounding comments in the crowd were just how dumb we were being and if we can start to combine our brave play with some intelligence we will be absolutely on the way up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure our race was covered last week. So how could it be a stadium management decision? I wouldn't put it past the Sanfl reps on the SMA but surely it is a crows call to cover GM's name.

Na, our race was not covered last week...

Never saw the game, I was working and it was not on free to air up here. Heard the last half on the radio. Can not comment on individual performances. Just happy with the win!

I really can't understand the negativity. I heard it from some of the old blokes around me today too.

Given that previous weeks have seen efforts only from a couple of our established players (and of those, not all at once) I was impressed by today's effort.

Most importantly, impressed by my first trip to AO. MasterMeaner loved the Power Playground before the game. He was a little disappointed it wasn't still going during the game (side note: kid needs to develop endurance).

Hoon was good. He runs hard all day to position whether he gets it or not, he's Kane Cornes-like in that way. As he gets more experienced and demands the ball and his work is honoured he will get 30+ possessions per game. He managed to kick along the boundaries today without an OOF so that's a positive from him.

Asked if she had a favourite player, Kelli says she was told Chad Wingard was the one to watch.

“I was watching the whole team, but everyone was talking about Wingard so I was trying to keep an eye on him,” Kelli says, adding

“They’re all strong and fit ... it’s really fascinating, not to mention a lot of them are pretty cute.”

668021-chad-wingard.jpg

where did you find that info? damn the Chad isn't single either, he could've been hitting it up with a Disney star!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back