List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Motlop seems like a laid back character..
Likes the lowlife in geelong playing his guitar and hitting the beach..
I doubt his decision would come down $$$
Cant really see him at a Major AFL club with all the media coverage.
And with 2 indigenous guys leaving the cats last year in Varcoe and Bundy..
And Stokes being told he isnt needed next year..
Wouldnt be many indigenous blokes left..
Cockatoo has just arrived..

But the Suns have like 1/3rd of there list indigenous
And with a full team next year, we would be worth a look.

Just another option.

Last edited:
I appreciate the effort and I also rate Sinclair and IF Harley told us he wanted out then I would consider this deal. This deal wouldn't compel me to even consider actively look to trade Harley.

If Smith goes, might be a good trade?

Two first round picks plus Lycett/Sinclair

Likes the lowlife in geelong playing guitar and hitting the beach..

Just another option.

I resemble that remark! :D Seriously tho, both guys you mention were also good for the Cats. Trav has been very good for the Pies and Bundy leaving wasn't by (my) choice but hope he's enjoying his time @ the Lions.

Not sure Stokesy is gone just yet, he is valuable in more ways than 1. Honestly, I love Mots, would b pretty disillusioned in footy if he left just for $'s.

Likes the lowlife in geelong playing his guitar and hitting the beach..

Just another option.

Well there are certainly plenty of lowlife's there if he likes them :cool:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...ns-charlie-dixon/story-fnca0u4y-1227466979956

In negotiations with Dixon’s Queensland-based agent, the Dockers have trumped any offer Brisbane will be prepared to pay, by promising to deliver on a five-year deal for him to move west for between $700,000 and $750,000 a year, pending a fitness assessment.

The Lions — even with the knowledge that Dixon has a chronic ankle problem that has regularly flared and forced him to miss games — are discussing their offer at list-management level, but it is understood their deal will not be much beyond $600,000 annually.

hi, sorry for intrusion but im curious as to where Day and Gorrige are currently sitting on your list. And what you think their realistic trade value is if they tried to get back to SA.
cheers

hi, sorry for intrusion but im curious as to where Day and Gorrige are currently sitting on your list. And what you think their realistic trade value is if they tried to get back to SA.
cheers
Gorringe you can have for free, will probably end up delisted. Day honestly probably a late first/early second would get him done. Of course this is all my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gorringe you can have for free, will probably end up delisted. Day honestly probably a late first/early second would get him done. Of course this is all my opinion.

yeah i thought as much about gorringe. i still think he is worth a rookie spot, but needs a new environment. Day seems to be doing bugga all too. a couple of very disappointing players.

If Freo trump all offers they would have to deal with us or risk every other club in the AFL having a free hit at meeting Charlie's terms in the PSD.

Whats the serious trade value for him in your opinion?

Swear people think were going to hand over a 200cm power forward/ruck who can kick 60 goals and whose going to get 600k a season for a game for a Zac Dawson

Not what I'm saying mate, just making a point that I'd be seriously opposed to trading either of those.

And in realistic terms the only way we would trade one for Dixon would be if they were OOC and made a specific request.
To be realistic I think we would be looking at a deal involving our first rounder.

Not what I'm saying mate, just making a point that I'd be seriously opposed to trading either of those.

And in realistic terms the only way we would trade one for Dixon would be if they were OOC and made a specific request.
To be realistic I think we would be looking at a deal involving our first rounder.

The only live picks we will be using this year are probably up to our 2nd rounder, which is barely any better than your first rounder.

Might have to package up your 2015 and 2016 first round picks to get the deal done.

Whats the serious trade value for him in your opinion?

Looking at this with a level head, Dixon either takes this once in a career offer of $750k and goes to Freo & experiences instant success...

Or the Suns increase their offer to say $550k a season and he chooses his mates, a playing list full of potential & re-signs.

The Lions are not in the running in my opinion. There is just no incentive to go there. A struggling club with little upside over the next few years. It's a backward step for Dixon to go there.

As far as a trade to Freo, the Suns always play hard ball. Caddy & Hickey show that. You can only presume they will want a pick in the top 10 or a player who will provide an instant impact to our best 22.

Maybe a player seems more likely for Freo to offer?

Weller was only a year off being a GC academy pick, so he has good value. Anyone else?

As far as a trade to Freo, the Suns always play hard ball. Caddy & Hickey show that.
I'm familar with the Caddy situation, but I know nothing of Hickey. Did he want a trade home and the Suns wouldn't budge so they delisted him? Or was it a Gorringe situation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back