Changes v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Game was useless for evaluating fringe players. The Saints were amateur league level. So I go back to how the side SHOULD be structured and those in a run of poor form.

Outs: Wines, S. Gray, Lobbe
Ins: Ah Chee, Harvey, Amon

Ryder 50% rucking 50% forward. Trengove ruck last quarter, Westy and Harvey split duties rest of game when Ryder not in ruck.

We saw today how much better we look with a fully fit line breaker in White. Get games in Amon so next year we'll always have one, and hopefully three, available who aren't complete AFL level novices.

And the Arch a straight replacement for Wines.

We don't need to get rid of a ruckman to appease a few just as he's come into a bit of form. And S.Gray wasn't bad, does it seem logical to keep him in for a run of 4 sub-standard performances and then, just as he has played a good game and we lose a midfielder to injury, drop him again? Come on, the rest of the season is only worth getting people ready for next year but you're not going to achieve that by giving different players one or two games each. Bring a player in for Wines but the others did enough to deserve another chance, probably to the end of the season unless someone demands an AFL spot. .

Magpies best players from win over Centrals don't offer much help. Only 1 AFL senior listed player among them,

PORTADELAIDEFC.COM.AU’S BEST
Summerton, Amon, Logan, Masters, R. Young

hahahahah. WHAT?

Impey makes a truck load more mistakes weekly than Colquhoun, and Colquhoun finds the ball double the amount of times. What did he make, like 4 mistakes? Reckon Hammer made just as many.
Spot on, Hoon made a couple of mistakes but most of his passes were gold class, especially the ones on the eastern side of the ground.

Spot on, Hoon made a couple of mistakes but most of his passes were gold class, especially the ones on the eastern side of the ground.
And if there are players who should be in the team because they have more upside than others, the Hoon is one of them. If Hoon had Ebert's marking capability and presence he'd be unstoppable.

Some of the things the Hoon does to break a line or get out of traffic are Gray like. He is a few years away from his peak but he is developing very, very well for a 20 year old. As he gains some more experience he'll make less errors and hopefully all the while he'll be gaining some body size to really help him hit in harder.

I was sober too. I don't rate Hoon, never have rated Moore and Sam Gray isn't an AFL player. Along with Neade (who I do rate) we just can't ever be a great side with all these players in the team. 1 undersized player we can carry, 3 makes us look small and weak.

I thought Moore and Neade were good. Gray's best game and Hoon did a few good things but these two had a few clangers along the way. I agree that having Gray, Hoon and Neade in the same team is a bit of a gamble. Worked today but probs due to St Kilda being more wasteful and not capitalising on turnovers.

Surely Brad Ebert is in line for a game or 2 in the Maggies.... he has been deplorable and today his game was unacceptable!!!

Out
Wines
Ebert

IN
Ahchee
???

Some of the things the Hoon does to break a line or get out of traffic are Gray like. He is a few years away from his peak but he is developing very, very well for a 20 year old. As he gains some more experience he'll make less errors and hopefully all the while he'll be gaining some body size to really help him hit in harder.
No even close to Gray like. Cant lift his arms to get out of tackles like Gray and doesnt have his cat like qualities.

In Ah Chee and Ken will bring in Monfries
Out Wines injured and S. Gray or Hoon. Both too slow and poorly skilled for Docklands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Wines
In: Ah Chee

No need for big changes, would be good to give Ah Chee a good go in the guts

Sam Gray deserves to stay in after today's effort. The Lobbe hate is becoming old, too.

Yeah I am Lobbe's biggest critic but there were some signs today of a return to some sort of form I thought. But we still look better with Ryder in the ruck.

Amon in for Wines. Moore and Young cover the grunt work, Amon deserves another crack and could be a good sub option at the Dome.

in: accurate passing
out: stupid decisions poorly excecuted

Let's face it, against a better opposition we would of been in trouble yesterday.

Brave football = turnover kings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back