List Mgmt. 2015 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread Pt 1

WISH LIST: If we could trade for the following players, who should we get?

• Will Minson (Ruck)

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • Ryan Schoenmakers (CHB)

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Zac Dawson (CHB)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Matt Suckling (HBF)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Shaun Hampson (Ruck)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Brian Lake (FB)

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Sam Gilbert (CHB)

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Matt Leuenberger (Ruck)

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • Tom Bellchambers (Ruck)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Courtenay Dempsey (CHB)

• Zac Smith (Ruck)

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Trent McKenzie (Mid)

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Steve Johnson (Fwd)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Nathan Wilson (HBF)

• Jake Carlisle (CHB)

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Adam Treloar (Mid)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Jeremy McGovern (Def) (Re-signed with WCE)

Votes: 20 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way that the season is playing out we're going to be seriously short in at the start of 2016 in key areas. Goodes is definitely in his last season, while Pyke and Shaw will probably follow suit. If not, then it's their 2nd last season, and same for Richards. The club will chase Mills but might let Dunkley slip through if it means trading for an established player.

There are several players who've been tried in the Shaw role with some degree of success, but none have played the position long enough to make it their own. Of greatest concern is definitely the ruck and chb positions, which have been woefully inept since Mumford.

We might be able to snare Minson for $360k and should be able to get Schoenmakers for $340~$350k.

http://tooserious.net/Player.aspx?id=499&name=Will Minson
http://tooserious.net/Player.aspx?id=726&name=Ryan Schoenmakers

Who do we trade you ask? Well, we can keep one of the picks that we're going to use on the younger kids who may never pan out to be anything more than Membrey or Towers, we could trade one or more of our younger players like Brandon Jack, Towers, Robinson or Lloyd for picks, or we could off load Tippet who's been pretty close to an abject failure.

Other potential players are Zac Dawson who we could definitely get at a bargain price, not that I think he's any good, but he could be useful.

As idiotic as it might sound, Brian Lake is likely on his last contract with Hawthorn. We could offer him a 1 year contract as a stop-gap if we can't get anyone else in

A lot depends on the nature of Pyke's injury. If he's been playing with a niggle all year, and this is a niggle that will conceivably resolve itself completely over the off-season, returning him to his previous form, then no real need to grab another ruck. Tippett has shown he's capable of playing as the number 1 ruck while remaining dangerous up forward, and while Nankervis is a little off the pace, he has potential.

I'm not all that worried about key defenders either. We've actually got quite a few potential options developing. Would support grabbing a mature bodied state-league key defender as a stop-gap.

Ultimately, unless another Shane Mumford or Craig Bolton fall into our laps, I'd focus on developing younger talent and ensuring our current personnel stick around.

People know my sources

"Won't" is a bit far, I think its more like he wont if he goes top 20, which is kinda what his statement read like anyway if im honest.

I dont think the club would have told him, you will not be a swan, even if they are cold on him, they would say, "we will see where you end up if the draft".

Not the uncompromising loyalty I would want from a future club, but the club has to protect its own interests.

I would throw in Jake Carlisle from Essendon as well, for the CHB position.
He is out of contract and the drawn out WADA case may cause him to move to another club.

I'd rather draft competently and pick one up that way. But that isn't an option, so happy to look at other clubs. The list of KPD/Ruckmen out of contract at the end of the year is vast

Sam Shaw
Reilly O'Brien
Robert Warnock
Tayte Pears
Zac Clarke
Alex Pearce
Jake Kolodjashnij
Dawson Simpson
Jared Rivers
Nathan Vardy
Cameron Delaney
Zac Smith
Rory Thompson
Henry Schade
Daniel Gorringe
Sam Grimley
Max King
Jack Fitzpatrick
Daniel Currie
Jarrad Redden
Jason Holmes
Tom Barrass
Michael Talia
Ayce Cordy

etc etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still pissed off we didn't draft Jon Marsh. I said he was miles ahead of Harrison and he would be very, very handy in our defence based on his VFL form.

I would throw in Jake Carlisle from Essendon as well, for the CHB position.
He is out of contract and the drawn out WADA case may cause him to move to another club.

Sure would have him assuming his off field things settle down...small issue that he is commanding $700,000 plus and that is being generous.

Would love gorringe, but cant see Dee's letting him leave.

I am still keen on Zac Smiths upside!

Gorringe plays for Gold Coast not Melbourne. I don't want him though. Nothing has ever convinced me he is anything more than a solid 2nd ruck and we don't need another one.

Sure would have him assuming his off field things settle down...small issue that he is commanding $700,000 plus and that is being generous.
There's no way we get Carlisle.

The only way we get him is if he accepts a below-par pay packet with the opportunity to play in a premiership, like Frawley did.

There's no way we get Carlisle.

The only way we get him is if he accepts a below-par pay packet with the opportunity to play in a premiership, like Frawley did.

Even Frawley is getting 500K give and take a year. We won't get Carlisle, I do feel there are a few other options though.

You always have to pay more to get them to move interstate.

That being said Frawley has looked absolutely ordinary i wouldnt give him 500k.

Frawley does give them cover if Lake goes down probably why they spent so much. What was a bigger joke is they somehow were able to trade in a former number 2 pick in O'Rourke for a packet of chips while we had to twiddle our thumbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back